It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another nail in Roger Clemens' coffin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Report: Man has photo of Clemens at disputed Canseco party

ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 22, 2008, 9:26 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

The 1998 party at Jose Canseco's house in Miami may have started out as a gathering of friends and family. It has turned into an event worthy of congressional testimony and a source of "evidence."

There is a photo of Roger Clemens at Canseco's house during the June 1998 party, according to the New York Daily News -- a photo that would contradict Clemens' sworn testimony that he never attended the party.

Richard Emery, one of the lawyers for Clemens' former trainer, Brian McNamee, said he was aware of the existence of the photo.

"We have reason to believe it's reliable evidence," Emery told the Daily News. "We believe there's photographic evidence that shows Clemens was at a party he says he wasn't at........"

Link

I'm not sure of the validity of this report yet because I obviously haven't seen the photo, but I think it's safe to say that Roger Clemens might be the most stupid human being on the planet. If he had just said "yeah, I did it", all this crap would have been over by now. What an egomaniacal moron!

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I totally agree Dr Love. Clemens,and all MLB players for that matter,seem to be completely unwilling to give up the squeaky clean image of the "All American Baseball Player".

They need to realize that people aren't that naive anymore.We know they aren't some sort of sainted idols anymore.Hell who is these days?

It's time they stopped deluding themselves,and simply fess up to their wrongdoings so that we can move on to something that's actually worth our time.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I rememeber the 2000 World Series. Mike Piazza's bat broke on a pitch from Clemens. The splintered bat came toward Clemens and he went into an involuntary roid rage and threw the splinter at Piazza.

That's all the proof I'll ever need now.

His pride will send him the way of Pete Rose, but he won't face the consequences. People with ego's as large his can never come to believe that they'll be thought of as anything other than a god to men.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What amazed me the most is how he threw his wife under the bus. When leaving the questioning on capitol hill he didn't even acknowledge her and left her to fend for herself leaving the gathering well behind him. HE's had her lie about things and he obviously is only concerned with himself and his legacY!! HIs legacy has been tarnished beyond repair!! If he'd only have spoken the truth he may have still made the H.O.F. I personally never liked Roger because he was always available to the highest bidder!!
Growing up when the star athletes stayed on 1 team was always the best!!
Take away the Cy Young's and give them to someone with integrity!!!
Peace!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just the fact that he allowed his wife to be injected with human growth hormone was disgusting enough! You know she was just mortified when that information came out.

Peace

[edit on 24-2-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't like the rampant usage of steroids, HGH, etc. There is no denying it at this point, but I'm willing to forgive and move on. Players that step up and admit their error, I really don't care. In three years I won't even remember that Andy Pettitte admitted to this. If you did wrong, fess up and accept the consequences.

But guys like McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, Clemens, etc., that want to deny what they've done, they deserve everything they get. I hope Clemens lands in jail, as well as Bonds.

They were told right from the get go, be honest and nothing will happen. They chose to lie because as already said, they are egomaniacs.

If any of them ever go to Cooperstown, it better be after they pay the admittance fee and take the tour like anybody else. Because that's the closest I see any of them getting.

What these guys have done is worse than Pete Rose, but not quite as bad as the Black Sox.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Roger Clemens is screwed. I can't believe after all of these years of holding on to his rookie card he goes and does this. Thanks Roger, I believe I'll be filing you away with my Darrell Strawberry rookie card. Who's next....A-Rod? Should I sell that card while it still has value

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ColdWater

rumor has it Piazza knows the juice too.

They're going to try and nail him for this and they should. as said before, had he kept mum or fessed up this would all have gone away. Now he continues to open his mouth and his stupidity leaks out.

The best thing I've read on this was in the Daily News the other day. Clemens shows up at the Astro's mini camp and every question on the subject his handled in the same manner. I'm moving forward. Lupica had a field day with it.

Clemens is an egomaniac who should have kept his mouth shut and he deserves whatever they give him at this point.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
IMO this is totally blown way out of proportion

people decided to get on their moral soap boxes and lashout at athlete's who made personal business descision's in the hopes of making multi millions in new contracts.

Now everyone believes they have an obligation to speak up against the HGH or steroid "devil". Bull the owners let the players take the stuff because it put a better "product on the field" which made them money , now they are looking the other way, and now we are supposed to blame the players for being "unethical"? in today's society ? are we walking moral compasses

Look i don't like barry bonds and i don't like roger clemens they seem to appear like jerks and i don't advocate taking steroids, or HGH but by the sound of things some of these players were able to get these drugs from "anti aging clinics" in florida and NY. Granted this doesn't make them healthy and my hunch is most players did not get these things w/ scripts but it appears the negative health effects are exagerated so long as someone keep an eye on their medical tests/blood work and doesn't stay on this stuff for years AND w/o going off for periods of time i.e winter.

Sure these guys could get addicted and suffer more effects, but let's seriously not kid ourselves that we care about their health, people then say it's for the kid's also, ya just like the war on drug's has worked out great right, the more we talk about the steroids the more kids who rebel will be curious to find out just how bad they are.

a bitter "black listed" Jose canseco made a tussle about this and the media ran with it and made it the issue it is today. and fans love this crap like chicks dig gossip mags

[edit on 1-3-2008 by cpdaman]

new topics

top topics

join