It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus a Magician?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Yes, I saw that. Ok, out of the goodness of my heart I will fire off some examples of pre-Nicaean authors who 1) Attested to the divinity of Christ 2) Died for their beliefs:

Justin Martyr, Clement of Rome, Polycarp of Smyrna, Ignatius of Antioch, etc.

I wasn't being lazy because I wasn't getting paid. I was being lazy because I know nobody will listen!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

Uhhh release what truth?

That Jesus is the son of God, crucified on the cross to pay for the sins of mankind, buried in a tomb, resurrected from the dead on the third day, and ascended into heaven?

Yeah that truth has been released, and people are having a hard time accepting it. But it is true nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Well you're schooling me too. I'm pretty good at the Bible, I know what I want to find - but all that early history stuff is new territory. When I started here at ATS a couple weeks ago I knew about Joesephus, that was about it.

So someone is listening

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No....the truth that he was a man. He learned the ancient secrets of the world that have been kept from mankind because the powers to be released cant be in the hands of the greedy. He died to show us how effed up our ways were and that the end result will always be death. So in essence, yes he died for our "sins" but not original sin, not something we cant see.....he confronted the establishment and had to give up his life in order for people to see how terrible the elites are that control society.
Look...its not a simple as saying that everything taught about jesus was a lie because there are truths in the message which has been picked apart by the elitists to create more messages and meanings.

Why convene at the council of nicea if the beleif structure was already there?
Who coined the terms for our organized religions? If the divinity of christ was such a secret that if one was to speak of it they would be killed then how could it be so prevelant today as truth? If it was truth then we wouldnt have people beleiving in christ and war at the same time now would we? Sometimes you can tell something is bull# from the way people act. "I beleive in christ....but lets go kill those terrorists!""

hAHahahaha talk about hypocrasy....which jesus warned us of didnt he?

The truth and messages have been so damned twisted that we cant find them anymore by any conventional means.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You cant just say that he was the son of god and he died for our sins becaue you have to define all those terms and implications which are all CREATED by man. the message was interpreted wrong on purpose by the elites.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
ANYONE HEARD OF THE CHAMBERS OF THE DEEP PROJECT IN EGYPT!??

How many times do i have to ask to get ONE answer?

All religions in the world are challenged by ACTUAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE for the first time and no one cares??

Come on people.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GUICE2

No....the truth that he was a man. He learned the ancient secrets of the world that have been kept from mankind because the powers to be released cant be in the hands of the greedy. He died to show us how effed up our ways were and that the end result will always be death. So in essence, yes he died for our "sins" but not original sin, not something we cant see.....he

no he was God in the flesh, he died for the original sin and the ones you haven't even committed yet... good trick

confronted the establishment and had to give up his life in order for people to see how terrible the elites are that control society.
Look...its not a simple as saying that everything taught about jesus was a lie because there are truths in the message which has been picked apart by the elitists to create more messages and meanings.

I don't think the Elites like the message the way it is today. I don't think they changed it. We have original manuscripts in the original languages and it hasn't been altered. The Bible is very accurate to the oldest texts. Way before the council of nicea.... way before.

Why convene at the council of nicea if the beleif structure was already there?
Who coined the terms for our organized religions? If the divinity of christ was such a secret that if one was to speak of it they would be killed then how could it be so prevalant today as truth? If it was truth then we wouldnt have people believing in Christ and war at the same time now would we? Sometimes you can tell something is bull# from the way people act. "I believe in Christ....but lets go kill those terrorists!""

hAHahahaha talk about hypocrasy....which jesus warned us of didnt he?

The divinity of Christ was never a secret he even told Pontius Pilot.

Well if terrorists hurt my family I will go kill them. I'm still a Christian.

The truth and messages have been so damned twisted that we cant find them anymore by any conventional means.

No the truth is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit as we pray and read the word. You can read the Bible over and over and new knowledge comes out. That is the supernatural nature of it. You really have to put your criticism down and try it - to experience it. Once you do, you have a spiritual awakening that changes your life. It take patience and maturity -- there's no instant gratification in spiritual growth - it is usually painful. More will be revealed...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GUICE2
ANYONE HEARD OF THE CHAMBERS OF THE DEEP PROJECT IN EGYPT!??

How many times do i have to ask to get ONE answer?

All religions in the world are challenged by ACTUAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE for the first time and no one cares??

Come on people.

Have you seen this physical evidence for yourself? or spoken with J. J. Hurtak?

I would love to see it, but it looks like that article has been faked... or exaggerated at least.

I know there's lots hidden away from us but all of us sitting on the internet arguing isn't doing anything.. we should be out there exploring it for ourselves.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Maybe he walked on frozen water and he was the only one smart enough to realize the science of freezing

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You are joking right?
Read and pray a book that was put together by a political council?
Or is that statement wrong? So the picking a chosing of gospels and stories to put forth to the world as the biblical cannon was a pure process not corrupted by any hidden agendas?
You take the authority as truth so blindly my friend.
Orignial sin? So im born with a human stain that only a being i cant see can absolve me with?
Cant you see how this causes some people more harm than good because it pretty much teaches us that we are born deffective and the only true salvation is through prayer but will not be really achieved until we die and finally get to meet the man with the white beard?

Seriously dude.....and what TERRORISTS???

You mean the guys that work for our own cia and NSA to create attacks and then use fear to manipulate the masses the same way fear was used back then? "you better pray and go to church or you will go to hell and burn for eternity!!" Sound familiar?

Wake up my friend....we are all humans and we all have the ability to raise our spiritual consciousness to a godly level. Stop being a slave to dogma and a book created by man and stop being a slave to restrictive, divisional beleifs.

I was not born with original sin because i was born as a human with a human spirit and a chance to make exercise my free will, to love, to create, to use reason to solve problems, to procreate etc...none of those things include hurting another human being. Why tell someone they are BORN evil and can only be absolved by a higher power? That is more than enough grounds to create an atmosphere fore control....which the elites of jesus' times were doing as well! Thats why he opposed them.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

no joke... read and pray

get busy

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

We cant though....the egyptian government heavily guards that area. Ever ask why?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Pray to who? To what? whose words?
You sit and pray and im going to go out and teach to love yourself, feed people, clothe them, expose lies....and we will see who does more good in this world.

and by all means....pray, but then join me because there are LOTS of people who need food and clothes.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Sorry but im offended as a human spiritual being to read from a book which teaches that humans are born with made up words such as "original sin".

I am not deffective, i have a heart that loves unconditionally and a mind that can reason. When you put the two together i have the ability to create life.....and THAT is what makes our human nature divine.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

The Bible is the standard of truth my man...

So I agree with you on the help people part...
James 1

26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. 27\Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Are you serious?
The bible is the STANDARD of truth? Come on dude....you act like it has been around longer than ancient texts that say NOTHING about god.
So basically you have accepted the authority of the bible as truth already and adhere all your beleifs to it....what about ancient religions?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

Original Sin is hard to understand but

A bug can reproduce.

People are naturally self centered. Human nature is selfish...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

completely serious

That's my choice.... THE standard of truth.... yeppers

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I get it...its just another tool to use to extract a message. And that is all it is to me....i dont pray or meditate because a book tells me to. I feel these things in my heart and not for the same reason you or any church goer does. I do not adhere to any of these restrictive organized dogmas which doesnt matter because i do not need them since they are "of the world".

Its amazing how many people just accept the bible and other texts and religious dogmas as truth without questioning what hidden agendas lay beyond it.
If the bible was so big on compassion and humble nature then why all the gold and large buildings in the vatican? Why the rooms full of jewels and such? WHY WHY WHY....its about money and power for them just as much as it is for oil and banking cartels.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

so youre telling me that by affirming my own humanity and spirit by understanding that i was not born deffective makes me selfish??
Seriously man....i get it that its your choice but open your mind.
Original sin is not hard to understand when you see the end result and put all the pieces into place.
Whose original sin? Adams?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join