Was Jesus a Magician?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
you people ready for the irony of all this?

Im not religious at all and follow no dogma yet i know in my heart what the message of christ was. Unconditional love, compassion, selflessness, reason, knowledge, cooperation and especially UNITY. This is what he was trying to tell us and i agree....but im the one who is still looked at like a heretic or idealistic freak when i try to apply this to my everyday life because in order to embody this you have to stop beleiving in MONEY!!

People condemn you for that and think you are crazy......but its the only way the human race will survive.

Jesus said turn the other cheak because he knew that when you speak the truth even your own parents will persecute you (happening now to me) and if you wanted to succeed you had no choice but to percervere. THAT was the point of that message.....percervearance and unconditional love through making your enemies closer than your friends.

GET IT NOW??

link   
[edit on 28-2-2008 by GUICE2]

link   
[edit on 28-2-2008 by GUICE2]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GUICE2
If anyone can answer this question intelligently without falling victim to dogmatic beleif i will send them a crisp 100 dollar bill

By the way: Due to THIS comment and THIS comment, I demand my crisp $100 bill!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

GUICE2 needs to pay up $100

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Jesus is a god? he is a joker.

If Jesus is a god then I am his god.

Why Jews like to copy everything from others and claimed it as theirs?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hey, enjoy the freedom of playing god all U want!

Ashley, I want my .50 centavos for that remark!

Shall I hold my breath or.......NOT!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by GUICE2
If anyone can answer this question intelligently without falling victim to dogmatic beleif i will send them a crisp 100 dollar bill

By the way: Due to THIS comment and THIS comment, I demand my crisp $100 bill!

You do? ... "I AM the one who posted right after he asked and wrote something he AGREED with".. soooo if anyone should get $100 it should be me. ... BY Rights.

[edit on 2/28/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You are on to something. What if he had even some of our simple technology from today. People 1400 years AD still thought the world was flat. How hard could it have been to impress them.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's my belief that He could tap into ANYTHING that He so choose. Now whether or not He made use of all knowledge that was available to Him....don't know, can't know.

What I do know is that He performed miracles by the Holy Spirit. Does that imply future knowledge....perhaps in the sense that God dwells outside of time, thus he's omnipresient (sp).

Here's what I think: Jesus' ministry was presented for the people of the time. He was humble and didn't made use of ostentation. It's all about faith, brother! As my Rev. uncle would've said.

Jesus' contemporaries had the wonderful experience of seeing Him/God in the flesh---and that in itself was a gift that none of us here can tout.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

I caught your pun on the "I AM"...that was slick!

I'll expect my 50 cents from YOU, then.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Hey, he said anyone who could answer it! Looks like he has to shell out $200.50 now.

Come on, Guice, ya deadbeat! Pay up!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Hey, he said anyone who could answer it! Looks like he has to shell out $200.50 now.

Come on, Guice, ya deadbeat! Pay up!

Well I sure could use the money..

But aside from all of that, I think Jesus Christ was less than people write but more than we know...
I think it's a debate that will soon have its end.. lol
this planet is getting/gone crazy..

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
oK.....but no more answers!! hahahahah

Well even though i do not fully agree with your answer ashley it was intelligent but i think it still falls short of the point and victim to restrictive labels of thought. I beleive he was a man....simple as that. He did wonderful things because he had an extreme compassion for human suffering. Trust me....when you contemplate human suffering to no end and lose sleep over it, you find that your life is expendable in the face of the degredation of humanity and its spirit. Someone took the message and created a restrictive ideal to control the working classes of this world.

You see, im not giving you $100....im giving you a green peice of paper with numbers printed on it and corrupt laws behind it that gives it meaning. But i cant exactly mail it or can I ?

I would preferably meet in person so we can have more of a discussion as this is one of the secrets of the world that must be deciphered.
SO....what will it be? Wait until we can meet in a physical forum? OR send me your address and i'll ship you the paper?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

You don't have to send me anything, Guice. I didn't take your offer seriously.

Besides, it's technically against the T&C's. When I first got here I offered to transfer $100 via PayPal if anyone could back up the claims from Zeitgeist but a moderator told me it was a no-no.

Edit to add: But I could offer about two dozen Pre-Nicaean sources that all claim Jesus was the son of God. Hence, before it was official 'dogma' like you asked. It gets interesting when history also shows these various authors all died as martyrs defending their claims with the exception of two or three. But without monetary compensation, I don't have the motivation!

[edit on 2/29/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ashley dont be too hard on zeitgeist....part of the message of that movie is to let go of all labels and that is pretty much it.
All they were doing is attempting to find the right context for these symbols and point out that MAYBE what we know them for now is not their TRUE meaning.

The cross has been prevalent throughout history in christianity and this is a true fact. THe romans used it for crucifixtion and this is a true fact but it had nothing to do with religion. Jesus was a man, he was crucified on the cross....whether or not the people CHOSE to use it as a sign of the man first before the idea was solidified as dogma i think is insignificant because the message from both the movie and jesus is to unite all and drop labels. Therefore we should not seek that which divides us because that is what is killing this nation and this world. The elites of jesus' time saw this happening and realized an awakening of the masses was afoot. They had to stop it somehow and being masters of intelect and social planning (but also greedy power hungry fat cats) they manipulated the situation knowing that when people attache themselves to beleifes they will fight for them and adhere to them blindly without asking why. Hence the CREATION of the divinity of the man through the solidification of dogma and church laws and such.
Of course....people before that thought jesus was a GOD because he DID perform phsyical imposibilities but when you look into why and realize that it was because he learned the ancient secrets of esoteric nature and physical manipulation through spirituatlity. Anyone seeing these feats would either thing he was a magic sorceror (which they thought were evil i beleive) or a god. As we have seen from then to now, there are plenty who beleive both and that is how the elites want it. However the dangerous ones are the people who listen to his message and want to know more about him. Well....when you turn the man into a god and make rules about how men and god are supposed to interact (prayer, offerings to the church, original sin, confession, ILLUSION OF AUTHORITY, commandments) and none of them include reason beyond what you cannot see and rely only on blind faith, people will follow the IDEA blindly by making the man into a prophet and programmed to feel and beleive that they cannot achieve his status.

LIES....all lies.

Please, anyone look into the chambers of the deep yet?
What they are uncovering about the past of the human race will destroy all dogmatic beleifs in this world. All of the truths of humanity will be revealed.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by GUICE2
But without monetary compensation, I don't have the motivation!

[edit on 2/29/2008 by AshleyD]

What's wrong Ashley are you getting tired?

Some wingnut yesterday had the gall to try to manipulate me by saying something like, "Now you need to prove this because it may cause a lot of people to question there faith.."

Like he was laying a guilt trip on me, trying to use the fact I care about people to manipulate me.

I thought that was pathological.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Again ashley you are talking about texts and words that could have been manipulated. Just think about all the things we are learning about our physical and spiritual worlds and how they are colliding for the first time. People say this is evidence of god every step of the way?
No....they say that this is knowledge that can be used for the good of mankind and they can study it, measure it and use it for good. The question WHY was erased from the reason section of the human mind (at least for the sheople of which i do not belong) so that we do what we are told not only from the authorities that we can see but also from what we already think as accepted truths.

If i saw someone do what jesus did and didnt know any better i would say that he was a god and if there were people who beleived in one god and had that train of thought im sure they already beleived what the man was preaching and therefore related to it.
Put two and to together and you can say that this man is the son of god. Maybe he was saying SUN of god and not actual son. Or perhaps he was trying to teach the divinity of the human condition by saying that we are all god and god is all in us.....he had a father so im sure he said i am the son of god but didnt mean it to be translated as it has been now and after him. Why else would he have been thought to be a heretic? The roman catholic church still exists and wasnt it the romans who killed jesus?
HA!! the same people are still in power now as were in the past. So the truth has been manipulated no matter where you look (except in egypt under the damn sphynx) which is why the MESSAGE has to be clear and simple. Love yourself, love one another, help the poor because they are being manipulated and forgotten, do not accept authority as truth but seek truth and wisdom as your authority, do not listen to false prophets who speak about dividing yourself from the rest of humanity, and most of all to sum up perfectly UNITE ALL NO MATTER WHAT AGE, COLOR, DISEASE etc....
THIS is the message....the creation of dogma, churches, bibles and labels skew the message for a reason and that reason is control of human reason so that we do not stand up and want more for our lives beyond what is already SET up for us.

Faith is blind....hope, wisdom and reason have 20/20 vision.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

This is the whole argument isn it? I mean, the question remains for centuries "should we release the truth knowing that the people of this entire planet adhere every aspect of their lives to it and are willing to kill or be killed for their beleifs?"

My answer is a resounding and very loud YES but it has to be done very very slowly.

In a way....i think the elites are dealing with this question more and more today then they were then because they are faced with more than just rebellion, more than just non taxpayers...they are faced with the destruction of the entire planet's population including them.

A new day is comming people which im sure a lot have said before....its a hell of a time to be alive. Watch withyour eyes wide open and DO NOT BELEIVE THE HYPE!!

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join