Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Was Jesus a Magician?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I admit i didn't read the whole of the posts at first, but your answer is not far from mine! I enjoy your zest for knowledge. It makes wolves of sheep.
or serpents of staffs! lol

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
JUST A THOUGHT HERE...... DON'T MIND ME...........

REALLY, WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT, THINKING ABOUT THE UNIVERSE IS POINTLESS. MY MAIN GOAL IN LIFE IS TO SURVIVE FOR AS LONG AS I CAN, THAT SHOULD BE EVERYONES GOAL BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY ONE THAT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE AT THIS TIME IN OUR HISTORY.

NOT TO GET THE MOST MONEY!!!
THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE.
YOU RECEIVED THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL WHEN YOU WHERE BORN.

THE HUMAN RACES' BRIGHTEST MINDS CAN ONLY TAP INTO A VERY SMALL PORTION OF WHAT EXACTLY IT MEANS TO EXIST.

I'M JUST GOING TO STOP NOW CUZ I COULD GO ON FOR HOURS

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
nobody has been witnessed to be hung on a cross till dead, and buried for 3 days and risen from the dead. nobody. nobody has raised dead people back to life like he did lazarus. magicians don't heal the sick, raise the dead or free people from the bondage of sin. he wasn't a magician he was the real deal

Keeper

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Exactly, nobody does those things. So how did Jesus pull the tricks off? We don't know, but we're told by people in the bible. U believe everything you read?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wasn't there a drug that was given to pharaohs in Egypt to have out of body experiences that made the body seem dead, but in fact they would wake up a few days later?

Mitch

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MitchMagic
Wasn't there a drug that was given to pharaohs in Egypt to have out of body experiences that made the body seem dead, but in fact they would wake up a few days later?

Mitch

not to the best of my knowledge. .... ; you are mixing the Haitian voodoo practice with the Egyptians.. although there are some people who believe that the Egyptians took something that is modernly known as ORMUS or ORME (Orbitally Rearranged Monatomic Elements) or White Gold powder, which has been made famous by Zacheria Sitchin if I believe correctly and there is also videos done by Lawrence Gardner about the subject, ... but this did not "kill" them for 3 days.. apparently it was used for ascension or rather "guided ascension" ..

PS

I would also like to mention that I have ingested a product that claimed to be ORME's .. and I could elaborate but aside from a subjective experience there isn't much object material I could supply for evidence to it's effects.

[edit on 3/29/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Please forgive me everyone for resurrecting this thread and using a very large quote. But this is an inside joke between Whammy and myself that I cannot resist giving him a hard time about:

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

Originally posted by AshleyD
But without monetary compensation, I don't have the motivation!

What's wrong Ashley are you getting tired?

Some wingnut yesterday had the gall to try to manipulate me by saying something like, "Now you need to prove this because it may cause a lot of people to question there faith.."

Like he was laying a guilt trip on me, trying to use the fact I care about people to manipulate me.

I thought that was pathological.

O rly?

Then were you being 'pathological' and 'manipulating me' when you gave me a guilt trip the day before yesterday for not answering that one guy on the Atheist thread? Saying you're going to call my mother and tell her I'm ashamed of the Gospel?

Thanks to you and your little guilt trip, I finally did end up giving him the answer he had been asking for. Now don't ever make me feel guilty for being lazy again, young man, or I'll just keep quoting the above!

[edit on 5/13/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
My take on possible water into wine theory is he cut himself purposely to bleed into the wine, therefore his bloodline carries on and he is carried within his disciples so they?we? too are children of God as he would say and he lives on in the blood of others to save them, I dont know just my Logical explanation of water into wine story, and comments on the religious takings on it, everything can have some explanation and I think that makes sense so its funny religions that do not agree with drugs/alcohol yet involve it within their stories. I know a priest that said the holy wine is actually a sin to drink in the Lords house, (alcohol in church basically), YET he does the wine and daily bread thing weekly, strange!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Jesus drank fine wine and was a man like any other man. He liked women, especially Mary;and women liked hime. He was consumed with how man is to exist in a universe of many forces --even those outside good and evil.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sumperson
What if jesus was the greatest magician of all time?
Im probably going to get laughed at a lot with this one.
But, magicians like David Blaine and Lance Burton can make things float, I saw David Blaine float

What if Jesus perfected the craft in his missing years in the bible?

He is a fictive clown created by Jews clowns.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
doesn't the devil try to use logic to corrupt you? To me, Jesus was truly a miracle worker. And think about this, people who genuinely almost died, claimed to have seen Jesus, why wouldn't he be who he really is? And do you really think Roman soldiers would agree to terms from a carpenter? It'a all real. All of it.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Apsaroke

I think this is the best comment and the most on-target. From readings I have done of hermeticism, alchemy, gnosticism, etc.--I truly think Jesus could very well have come from a long line of magicians. It is said he even descended from Chaldea, which was a place rife with magic of every sort. Jesus was in any case an itinerant preacher, he did NOT advocate any "church" in fact I believe he was gnostic, one who believed in "self illumination" instead of a religious organization or church. My b/f believes his purpose was not to save the world, but to show that one can "heal one's own death"--an art that was once known in the ancient world but forgotten, yet Jesus knew how, and that was what he tried to show the world, but it was misinterpreted, as was the bible itself--which is encoded to show how to achieve the Philosopher's Stone, or immortality....but that's another story....feel free to disagree! Laura

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well it seems Jesus has returned in India

These guys are great

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sumperson
What if jesus was the greatest magician of all time?
Im probably going to get laughed at a lot with this one.
But, magicians like David Blaine and Lance Burton can make things float, I saw David Blaine float

What if Jesus perfected the craft in his missing years in the bible?

Magicians require to receive their power from something else; a devil gives a magician its power. Magicians are instructed to perform certain rituals and phrases of worship and plea as well as sacrificing certain elements in the name of some devil that they may be given some sort of power.

However, Jesus Christ the Lord said that with even a mustard seed size of faith, one could tell a mountain to remove from its place and go to whatever place you desired.

The Lord also said that faith comes from understanding which comes from knowledge which comes from reading. Faith does not exist without reading and then knowledge and then understanding and then faith. Reading does not necessarily mean just texts; reading can also be the discerning of the nature around you. But to read simply means to discern. Notice how some people say, "I read people." If you read, you gain knowledge. If you gain knowledge, you apply it to gain an understanding if its actual application. If you gain an understanding of its application, then you are able to perform acts of faith - but is your understanding true? Because the sort of reading you do will determine the kind of knowledge you have. The kind of knowledge you have will determine your kind of understanding. And your kind of understanding will determine your kind of faith.

If your faith is not rooted in the Lord Jesus Christ, then your faith is impure. Your actions will be impure and will carry far less power.

Jesus Christ also said that He did nothing of Himself, but that He did the will of His Father. So therefore, His power originates from God the Father. Jesus Christ said He did the will of His Father. This means that He obeyed God. This means that Jesus Christ's power was given to Him because of His obedience.

So therefore, the act of faith that we have is obedience. Faith means that we obey believing that what is promised to us will be given to us if we obey. That is faith. So there is no conflict of knowledge and faith here as many would have you see it. Knowledge INCREASES faith. They are not exclusive traits; but rather they are mutually inclusive. You CANNOT have faith without knowledge. However, knowledge is not necessarily what you think either. You must have knowledge of the proper thing. If your knowledge is wrong, then it is vanity. However, devils will give you power for that false knowledge in order to trap you in your foolishness; making you desire what little power you have been given instead of understanding that there is no greater power than love for the Lord Jesus Christ, the Father for Him giving us His Son, The Holy Spirit for always being faithful to us, and for our neighbors and our enemies and ourselves. Love is far greater in power, though to some it is completely invisible.

Jesus Christ was not a magician because there was no ritual or tradition expected of him. He was not required to sell His soul. He was not greedy for power. He, of His own free will and love for mankind, did the will of the Father to save us! NOT to glorify Himself; but to glorify the Father in proving His love for us!

This is why Jesus Christ was and is granted dominion over all powers, visible and invisible.

Magicians perform their acts, even the ones that appear selfless, in complete selfishness. Their desire is to themselves; they desire their own glory. They desire to see power work through them that they might claim the authorship of the power. They do it to hear the people say, "Ahh!" They do it to intimidate people. They do it for their own worship.

Jesus Christ was granted the Throne, was given the title King of Kings, Lord of Lords; He is the prophet of prophets, He is the High-Priest after the order of Melchizedek, He is the Law. It has been given to Him to be Power Incarnate.

Whatever powers the devils are granting of themselves to magicians these days are extremely lame and pale in comparison to the Lord and the power His Spirit gives us. Your magicians can create fire, and create monsters, and lengthen their life a little. They can persuade those who have a spirit willing to be persuaded. But the Lord has given His children a little of His Spirit because we obey Him. Whenever we are met with a magician, we have but to say, "The Lord Jesus Christ rebuke you." If that is so His will. There may very well be times when it is His will that a particular event takes place and more witnesses are required; or less! But His power will always override the power of those who THINK themselves worth glory.

Resurrection belongs to Jesus Christ. Devils cannot perform that act.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yeah a real magic man.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sumperson

He absolutely WAS a magician in the sense of being a "white wizard" or "white sorcerer" or "white mage."

He was able to generate high amounts of psychic clarity and spiritual purity and bring in vast reserves of energy to create fascinating events in the real world.

It's what real psychics do, on a lesser level. It's what real healers do. He just had a really nice array of psychic abilities developed to a higher degree than usual, making him a true spiritual maverick and teacher, not just a "performing monkey" as so often happens when somebody starts using their psychic abilities to try to help people and people just react by wanting them to perform "tricks."

Been there, done that!
(Not at Jesus' level, of course.)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join