It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot on cell phone camera?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wow, I just read this, and I'm thinking the photos keep getting better! Now this sounds like one credible sighting. What do you think?

Bigfoot on cell cam?

I must say, that I have been waiting for photos like this to appear.

Like the RP, I probably would not have thought to use my cell phone to take a pic, being used only to using it for phone calls.
Washington is a major sighting area. I'm getting used to the idea that there is some type of (huge) North American primate out there; this report reinforces that idea.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by desert]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
At least they snapped pics. Not that they are they great.
It looks like they saw something, what it is cant tell.
Maybe there is a scarce population of some type of north american primate?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
yes they are pics, and they are in the woods, but I would believe the Man in a suit or that Ape in the woods pic over this stuff....

Worse then a Old fashion UFO grainy picture.....

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That is one big "ape-man"!! That’s a real good sighting and report.
Everything seems legit. The area "Olympic Mts." Washington state.
Really impressive. Again, that thing was big! I am becoming more and more a believer in an unknown primate species roaming around remote areas of USA, Canada,etc.. BIg Unknown primates!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Like the RP, I would have told my son to take the pix, otherwise there'ld only be pix of me trying to take pix of a Sasquatch.
(Now if a Bigfoot wants to call me on my cell, that's a different story.
)
Anyway, what I found interesting is that the creature did look very much like a gorilla in these photos. And the description of its movement seemed very apish.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Very interesting. Quite obviously they saw something...what, remains to be seen. It was big, it was dark, seemed to move like an ape...best answer seems to be Sasquatch.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

thats the ticket! I think so too.

To bad we couldn't get a "seal team" in there right away!

Or some really good trackers to stick it out, and follow that deer trail it went waddling down.

Its gonna take alot of effort to get the total proof for these big apes.

And it seems a "ready response team", to do it ..right after a major sighting like this. It seems these guys can really travel and be gone and away...fast.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

As soon as my financial situation allows for it, I'm going to try getting into one of those Sasquatch hunting/finding expeditions. It'd be fun, perhaps enlightening.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
One thing that's interesting is that we now have photographic proof that this sighting is of an animal that does not run off immediately when sighted, like deer and bear typically do.

Though I've seen some deer that don't run off along a parkway in a national forest where they're not hunted, virtually all other animals I've seen in North America run off when they spot you. It would be rare to get two shots, let alone three or four of the creature, especially when the camera was not ready.

Matching up the reference shot with the picture 23160e.jpg, the creature's 'head' aligns with the 7.5 mark. Standing full height could add another 6" or more. To align the reference pole, I used a white patch of bark on the adjacent tree, so I think my measurement is accurate to the inch.

I'm glad he took the trouble to come back with the BFRO investigator and make a reference photo. I'm surprised he had the wherewithall to use the cell phone camera in the reference shot and that he apparently got the precise spot where it happened. He even seems to be standing very close to where the original shot was taken.

Excellent workup.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Nice story, the picture quality is low, but you can still see the 'bigfoot'. I feel that we have seen this all before, like a guy in a suit and such. I will read more of the story later.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Badge, yes, from all the reports I've read, this Bigfoot often seems to not be in a hurry to run away. Sometimes yes, but many times it sort of ambles off, even looking back/around as in the Peterson video. I guess if I was the biggest creature around, I wouldn't have to be in a hurry either
Edit to say thanks for aligning the photos.

Wow, seagull, you live in the Northwest, so I hope you see one someday.
Ruff, a "seal team" would be fun!
Opulisum, do come back to finish the story. It is very informative.

Until further evidence refutes this report, I'm holding out that this is a good, credible report.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by desert]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I used to live in WA st. and there are more sasquatch stories there than the people know what to do with, especially on the Colville Indian Rez in Eastern WA, lots of woods, that run all up through
canada, and in the Olympic Nat. Forest is one of the roughest wildernesses in North America, excellent place for hiking, camping, fishing, and my favorite, kayaking. . . although the most i've ever encountered, through my countless hours in the wilderness in WA are stories, i do believe there is something out there unexplained. And since this did come from BFRO, i wouldn't be surprised if they are doing a "expedition" to WA st. soon
trying to get more people to pay an arm and a leg to go out with them and hunt for Sasquatch. . . if you wanna go hunt for sasquatch, hike a couple hours, and go camping with some camera equipment, thats all it takes, don't PAY good money to go with a huge group, that don't even provide food or shelter for you. bfro is a rip off in my opinion. (my friend paid for a california trip and was very dissapointed, and he's a big time sasquatch hunter in WA st, has his own nightvision motion activated cameras, and such, makes you think what he really has saw to make him search for sasquatch almost every weekend, and spend 1000's of dollars out of his own pocket. . . )

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by immedicated

Yes, very many stories, many the stuff of legends, but many credible sightings of something.
Your friend sure sounds ready to capture (at least on camera
) evidence of BF. True, one doesn't need to join an expedition to hunt.

Personally, I would go on an expedition just to be with other like minded people. One has to remember that there is no guarantee of a sighting. Even hunting small/large game is different if you hunt in an enclosed hunting area, where you'ld be more likely to find your target, or an unbounded hunting area. Hunter friends have success some trips and none another. The joy/fun many times is the group or hunt itself.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yes, very interesting!

I think this one of worthy of a little more attention. Wish I had more time right now.

Have at it investigators, I will definitely get back to this asap.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Yes, to me this was a highly interesting report, with the amount of investigation, investigators, and pictures. I think I would have had more response, if I knew how to post images
but then maybe most of the posters would only be interested in the quality of the pictures.

Anyway, yes, it is a lengthy read, but well worth it to those who can make the time.
I really would like to hear from more people as to their opinions and any more info to add to this particular sighting.

Let's stay tuned...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Interesting article and photos. I apreciated the comparsion with the measuring stick, I wonder if there was anything around that tree that an animal or person could have stepped on (logs, brush, dead leaves) to make them apear taller.
In todays technology age, "proof" (aside from a body) is going to come from cheap cameras and what not. Unfortunately it is hard to get clear photos even with a great camera if your excited, scared or suprised. But the photos will keep comming and maby someone will get lucky.
I can't wait to hear the opinions on this photo.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Blobsquatch is a stump. You can still see it behind the photographer in the last and second to last photos. There's moss on it in all the pictures, for heaven's sake.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Yes indeed there is a stump in the background. Not all that surprising as this is the Olympic Penninsula, very wet, a rainforest even. Stumps everywhere...

You didn't notice the fact that the "blobsquatch" was significantly higher in the pictures than the stump in the background? Not saying that it was Bigfoot, but it wasn't the stump, either.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I wouldn't say it was a stump. If you examine all the photos, you can see some type of movement as its position between the two small trees changes.

Not too mention the follow up picture taken two weeks later, shown at the very end, shows no stump where the picture was taken.

Whatever was there, is not there now.

IMO, Not enough in the photos to say 'yay or nay' to the BF.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I was seeing something too till walking fox pointed it out. Good job Fox, you solved this one for me at least. The Stump is very obvious now that Fox pointed it out.
Now, I see the events as they might have happened.

Two guys driving down the road...

1st guy
"Hey, look at that stump, it looks like a sasqautch or something from this view lol!"

2nd guy
"Yes it does, got your phone camera? Let's have some fun"

Guys take 1st pic from truck making sure to have it at it's lowest qaulity setting.
2nd pic is placed in software for contrast.
3rd pic camera boy moves to the left of stump for an unobstructive view of the stump, careful to make sure the pic is inconclusive from this distance.
4th pic is made from another vantage point and a few more feet further out.
5th pic is moved to the right of pic 4 capturing the same two trees that incase the stump in both views of the stump. A little closer now than pic 4.
6th pic thanks to FOX, clearly shows the stump directly behind the guy standing there for the camera. Same as pic 7 with a regular camera. The difference is, now you can clearly see enough pixels to make out what the object so obviously is - as pointed out by FOX, a stump.

To make matters worse, the BFRO investigator helped hoax pic 6 and 7 in my opinion as the piece of limb in pic 6 is not in pic 7. That means for the
"Clear photo" that they know will show details had to be shot from a different but look alike angle. The only reason I could figure for this is to cover the fact that the stump is so clearly visible. What could be a possible motivation for a BFRO investigator to involve themselves in the hoax? My guess, is after you pay the expenses of 5 "investigators" to go the distance to meet this fellow and discover his stump, you don't really want to admit such a thing lol.
Thanks much go out to Walking FOx for pointing out the obvious to me for I was surely astonished till he posted the obvious.

Thanks,
Vance

top topics

<<   2 >>

join