It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: US warned of al-Qaida attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Robert Hutchings, chairman of the National Intelligence Council which reports to the CIA director, has told of new warnings of Al-Qaeda's plan to attack America. Subjects of intrest include, plans to hijack planes and derail trains carrying hazardous material.

Aljazeera

Hutchings said the outlawed outfit planned to fly hijacked planes into targets as they did during the September 11 attacks.

"Soft targets, including the US stock market, banks, major companies, and tall buildings are a primary focus of active al-Qaida planning," he said.

Yes, more warnings. I think most of the world knows that terrorists are planning another attack on western intrests. The war in Iraq has shown that we are still vulnerable anywhere in the world. Saudi Arabia has been put on a Code Red for the threat of immenant attacks, which include an overthrow of the government.

Recent talk on Jihad websites have claimed that an attack on Saudi Arabia would coincide with one on The United States.
There has been a warning on Steve Quayles website,

"According to various sources, the "dance of death" has begun. Information indicates that biological and radiological weapons are to be used with barometric triggers. So far, it is stated that 300 freedom fighters have been given their orders and turned loose in the U.S. Private pilots and aircraft owners are encouraged to keep their eyes open to any unusual aircraft activity taking off from small airports on the outskirts of major cities. The possible means of biological dispersal has been identified in addition to the aircraft. Specific articles of altered footwear are to act as reservoirs for biological and chemical dispersal. Statements coming from terrorists indicate that we will "not know for at least 24 - 48 hours until it is too late" as it relates to the biologicals. U.S citizens flying to target cities on commercial airliners should expect cancellation on a moment's notice as new intel is received by authorities."

I belive that this getting to the point where it is "the boy that cried wolf". Warning after warning and nothing happens. There have not been any concrete reports about attacks being thwarted due to these warnings. This I believe is the best weapon the terrorists have today. They put chatter out about hijacking planes, meanwhile, they are slipping into the country. If you warn someone enough times, and nothing happens, nobody will be ready when it is Serious.

ATSNN News Links
US Nuclear Facilities Flunk Security Tests
Al Qaeda Under Pressure to Strike Again
Islamic Terrorists are Ready to Strike U.S.
Al-Baradei warns of nuclear destruction

Related ATS Discussions
US may control codes to Pakistans nuclear arsenal
Travel channels secret of dams. Safety hazard?
Dubai firm at center of nuke blackmarket
Nukes in U.S. already?

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You know that if the Saudi gov is overthrown, the US will step in, and in massive force.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They'll step in Saudi Arabia, sooner or later, whatever happens in my opinion...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
They'll step in Saudi Arabia, sooner or later, whatever happens in my opinion...

I agree

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
this is just like that story i always heard when i was young.... the one about the boy who cried wolf. I belive he kept cliaming to see a danger but it was nevr true and then when something bad did happen no one paid attention becasue he wasnt creditable

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by samfashow
this is just like that story i always heard when i was young.... the one about the boy who cried wolf. I belive he kept cliaming to see a danger but it was nevr true and then when something bad did happen no one paid attention becasue he wasnt creditable

I guess you posted this when I was updating my post. Yes it is the boy that cried wolf. I personally am at the point where I am like, "here we go again". Well I guess it is working with one person.

TPL

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
NO ATTACK WILL HAPPEN!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
When will the time come that people will start realizing these warnings are not meant for their benefit.

Although I think that terrorist organizations should retire and allow the media outlets in the US to take over their operations.

Our own media outlets do a better job at scaring citizens and keeping them from living their lives than any terrorist does.

new topics

top topics

join