It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new German Armed Forces

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Do you now understand why I don't take you serious anymore UP ? You deny every single fact. And you only post what you think, almost never backed up with any verifiable facts.

I bet you didn't read the whole thing, maybe you should read more and think less.

[Edited on 2-1-2003 by TigeriS]

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MakodFilu
Sure?

Of course I'm sure. I don't have any problem with the US.
It's the UN that I don't like,not the US. But don't worry, I'm not blind.
I know that even the US do some mistakes.

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TigeriS
Do you now understand why I don't take you serious anymore UP ? You deny every single fact. And you only post what you think, almost never backed up with any verifiable facts.

I bet you didn't read the whole thing, maybe you should read more and think less.

[Edited on 2-1-2003 by TigeriS]

Look TigeriS, we have all many choices to do. I did mine.
Yoy can check all the links that I posted if you want, no problems.

But when I need to post a link, it's not easy for me. Most of the times my links are in french,not in english. So, I have to find them in english, and sometimes, they don't exist in english. Specialy on the political matters.

So, if you want many links, I can post them and you'll have what you ask. But take a french dictionary with you !

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if your links are in french, if they are true I will find english version of them. And I understand a bit french. So please post every link you have.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The California National Guard is now shaking in their boots after seeing all that hardware.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It's amazing the number of Americans who think they saved Europe in WW1. The American army was totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things; just extra 'green' soldiers against the Germans. The only real outcome was the spread of flu to Europe!

As for US troops being better than the Germans in WW2, dream on!

A Panzer army from 1941 would have completely wiped out any opposing US forces - they wouldn't have known what had hit them !!

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
ermsss
i don t know about other people.into what i think is german nowdays is more different then in ww2.so any action what the german did takes it does not matter anyway

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CupidStunt
It's amazing the number of Americans who think they saved Europe in WW1. The American army was totally insignificant in the grand scheme of things; just extra 'green' soldiers against the Germans. The only real outcome was the spread of flu to Europe!

As for US troops being better than the Germans in WW2, dream on!

A Panzer army from 1941 would have completely wiped out any opposing US forces - they wouldn't have known what had hit them !!

but seriously folks.. maybe they would have wiped out our forces considering we weren't even in the war at that time huh.. once we were dragged in, we actually put the war machine in motion, and proceeded to help our non-fascist bros kick some ass all over europe, northern africa, and the entire pacific.. so do you think that the german army of 1941 could wipe out forces across such a wide area?

i'm not sayin the germans weren't powerful, but the united states was obviously much more powerful to not only fight but win a war on such a wide scale.. and as for us soldiers being inconsequential, i have to say that that term would be more appropriately used in describing the french "armed forces" who found defending their country a bit tiresome and not worth the effort.. don't think we wanted to spend the billions of dollars and human lives we did to enter the war.. remember we didn't jump right in.. we had to be provoked so don't act like we enter wars for some imperial bull#.. do you honestly not think that if the us was entirely evil that they would have taken the entire world over long ago?? who could combat the atomic bomb?? seriously some of you people need to get onto more logical trains of thought

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ill, all I was doing was attempting to correct the people here who thought the USA was Europe's savour in WW1. At the beginning of April 1917, the US army was only 128,000 strong, and therefore completely insignificant in world terms. Even after a large recruiting drive, it was still a small force in comparison to the European armies. Coupled with the fact it was also badly equipped, and totally lacking in battlefield experience, the US army didn't make much difference at all to the Outcome of WW1, other than add extra forces to those ranged against the Central Powers.

At the outbreak of WW2, the US army was smaller than Portugal's! And even at the end of the war, US forces were still getting beaten on an even basis by demoralised and under-equipped German forces, who'd been fighting for almost 7 years.

In a theoretical battle between German forces at their peak in 1941 and US forces, the German forces would have wiped the floor with the US army! German forces were far better trained, had far better tactics and doctrines, and were totally superior in every way. The only thing the US army had (and still has!) on it's side is a huge war industry totally out of the reach of their enemies back home, a large population to recruit from, and lots of cash !!

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CupidStunt

In a theoretical battle between German forces at their peak in 1941 and US forces, the German forces would have wiped the floor with the US army! German forces were far better trained, had far better tactics and doctrines, and were totally superior in every way. The only thing the US army had (and still has!) on it's side is a huge war industry totally out of the reach of their enemies back home, a large population to recruit from, and lots of cash !!

I would have to disagree that the germans would not have 'wiped the floor'. Although german forces were superior in almost every aspect of technology except thing: Quantity. You stated this before. But in lots of cases quantity far out dues quality. Such as the tanks. U.S. sherman tanks, although worse than the german tanks, outnumbered them at the ratio at something like 10:1.

Frankly, Stupid#, (great name lol) my argument is the same as yours but i believe we would of beat the germans even at their peak.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Tone the language down, Mr E !!

Stick to spoonerisms please !!

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
LOL when i first read to myself that your Username was stupid#...and not cupidstunt! HHAHA lol. Thats a great spoonerism

[Edited on 28-2-2003 by Mr.E]

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
this US patriotism is sick

you see it everywhere in books on tv in the cinema's

just try BAND OF BROTHERS

it sucks,panzers flee from sherman tanks,3 rangers mow down 100 germans

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Replicator

Well, yes thats how it happened with that particular unit. I read the book years before a series came out, very good read. I have also studied the unit history extensively including many battle reports.
When did the panzers flee from the Sherman's ?
Get you facts right, ignoramus

Where do you com from ? Don't you feel proud about your country. I feel sorry for you.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
its possible that we might lose another war with the germans. they have some pretty good soldaten and some pretty good equipment. it would be a hard fight.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hey that is new, their old SPAAGs didn't used to have the forward accompaniment

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Replicator

Ugh BAND OF BROTHERS was as factual as you could get moron.

First off, to show that the show didn't just show Germans being wasted (like in Saving Private Ryan) how about you think about MARKET GARDEN you dumbass.

Secondly, Major Winters basically wrote the book on those said attacks where a few paratroopers (not rangers) mowed down 100 Germans.

I'm not sure where you saw tigers retreating from shermans.

Though this did happen, as a sherman could punch a good hole into a Tiger from 80 meters, the only tigers in BAND OF BROTHERS in tank to tank action were in Market Garden.

In fact it was one tiger and a few anti-tank guns, and they mowed the shermans down.

Outside of Carentan, they weren't going against a tiger, that was either one of the lesser versions of the Panzer or something all together (I'll have to watch it again).

In the Battle of the Bulge all the Tigers were were being utilized but the 506th 101st didn't really go up against them.

I can't believe you'd say something so f.ucking stupid as what is quoted above.

BAND OF BROTHERS is one of if not THE most accurate war movie//mini-series basically any genre but historical footage and doccumentaries.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ugh, don't know why I read tigers...anyways there were 4 types of opperative Panzers, and as I said above, the only part in the movie where Panzers went against Shermans was most likely outside of Carentan (however it's spelt).

And Panzers were pretty much the equivalent of a Sherman, so if they retreated they could if they wanted to...

Tiger Tanks were the only monsters that could usually take on a pack of Shermans and come out of it.

The German Tank Ace Michael Wittmann was killed along with his 4 crewmen by a pack of 8 shermans, 5 were destroyed in the process.

This wasn't shown in BAND OF BROTHERS for the primary reason that the Airborne did not go up against much armor, what armor they did go up against was not front line worthy and didn't really hold their ground.

If you find BAND OF BROTHERS "Patriotic" you're a retard for not realizing America actually has a good reason to be Patriotic.

Because BAND OF BROTHERS is historically accurate...not "patriotism"...the patriotism flows out of our history like a waterfall because we have done so much, with so little. America is the best.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Some more info on Michael Wittmann, whom is like Rommel in my opinion.

"In June of 1944, the Tiger's potential impact was demonstrated at Villers Bocage in Normandy, when German tank ace Michael Wittman single-handedly destroyed approximately 20 tanks of the British 7th Armoured Division, stopping their advance cold."

www.junobeach.org...

Michael Wittmann had over 150 tank kills and over 200 mobile artillery kills. Most from the eastern front.

He and his crew died on August 14, 1944 (I believe it was the 14th).

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Actually new information, been a while (like 3 years) since I even thought of the name Wittmann.

www.achtungpanzer.com...

Died August 8th...I guess he took out those 8 shermans in whatever battle, because he was knocked out by 3 shermans the allies suffering no losses on the 8th. Still a god of the tank

141 tanks,
132 antitank guns.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join