It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A film of "time travelers or aliens" see and decide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
One of the most strangest and bazaar ufo cases I've read about is the Stella V. Lansing movie.
Using a Keystone regular 8 mm "Capri" movie camera, she got lucky, and captured "people inside the unknown craft".
I've never heard anybody or read of anybody, proving this film to be a hoax.
Has anyone out there, heard of any follow up investigations over the years?
Was this just one of those weird cases that boggled the mind of the researchers and was filed away? source=story here andhere down about 7 sections see Stella!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

with all due respect...i see nothing in any of the images that suggests aliens, flying sausers, or strange para-normal events...maybe i'm not squinting enoough

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Well, I just thought that this classic UFO case has been much over looked (in as its never really been proven to be a hoax or fully disscused in any UFO investigation in recent times, as I know of) and might need a "new" look-see. Weird stuff like this can sometimes bring to light current thoughts and ideas?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
why every single ufo/alien/cypto/paranomral footage has too be so crap quality?

is so easy to take a picture or record something, even with old camaras you will get good quality.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CzErased

Well, if your read the link I provided in the OP you'll see that it was amazing that any "shots of humanoids in the craft" were possible at all. It seems it was a rare chance that she filmed these visitors. A very unusual film to say the least..for that time and the person who filmed it. Very errie (to me at least!)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Looks to me like she filmed an old movie with her camera.

the future being or aliens she seemed to have captured look an aweful lot like normal actors of that day with the same hair styles as well.

HOAX.

I don't even see how this was taken seriously to begin with...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

or, military type haircuts (being a vet myself that's what struck me) on the occupants? One can't be to sure.

Remeber, the artist that drew from the original film clip, used (his/hers) Ideas also.

Still up in the air as far as I can see.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by CzErased

Well, if your read the link I provided in the OP you'll see that it was amazing that any "shots of humanoids in the craft" were possible at all. It seems it was a rare chance that she filmed these visitors. A very unusual film to say the least..for that time and the person who filmed it. Very errie (to me at least!)

where is the alleged original footage?

all we have are these stills....

dont tell me in this day and age they cant get that transferred to a media file.
I know they can.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
From what i can see on the still pictures, they all have pointed ears. Maybe the person who took the photos had caught some Vulcans who were discussing the logic of visiting Earth having seen how violent the planet is !!!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well, as I've implied, its seems this is an over-looked case and very under investigated. That's why I brought it up. Thought maybe someone out there could shed some new information or know about any recent books or articles this case might be in? Whether its real or not I can't say unless more info is out there just another weird classic UFO/CEIII case getting dusty.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Well, as I've implied, its seems this is an over-looked case and very under investigated. That's why I brought it up. Thought maybe someone out there could shed some new information or know about any recent books or articles this case might be in? Whether its real or not I can't say unless more info is out there just another weird classic UFO/CEIII case getting dusty.

No offense, but your post subject line explains this as being a film or movie, yet you posted no links to any movie. Neither did Stella V. Lansing. Thats probably why this case has gone south like a duck in winter. Sorry for the negativity. This is one of many frustrating things about ATS.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VisionQuest

Well, thats why I posted this -somebody out there has the film-maybe by bringing this up, someone will find it and post it or show us where it can be seen. We can't know anything unless we "bring up the subject", makes sense to me.

from article in my OP link below is quote:

"
Lansing's movie was shown informally at the end of the APRO 1971 "Eastern UFO Symposium", where one of the featured speakers was psychiatrist / UFO researcher Berthold E. Schwarz, M.D. He subsequently visited Mrs. Lansing twice in Palmer on five days of February and April 1971, and studied her further at his New Jersey office during five days of May 1971. These investigations were usually attended by members of her family or close friends. Schwarz even enlisted the help of famed telepathist Joseph Dunninger, as a positive check on her veracity. Schwarz's on-site field trips to Palmer, numerous telephone calls and correspondence, interviews of her associates, and his psychiatric evaluation and continuing interest in this case, are documented for UFO researchers by seven articles in Flying Saucer Review (see Stewart's index). Dr. Schwarz's conclusions and comments in brief:

Stella Lansing told the truth as she saw it, and was quite modest about it: "These things happen and I don't know why"

Lansing had a history of paranormal experiences -- telepathic, precognitive, telekinetic, teleosomatic -- all within the range reported for psi-sensitive people

Subjects can be driven into psychosis by our failure to believe them; Lansing was affected by her strange experiences and required hospitalization. Schwarz clearly emphasizes that these experiences were cause, not result, of her psychosis, which subsequent treatment completely cured

Attempts to hypnotically regress Lansing were too traumatic and had to be abandoned

Lansing had taken many films and photographs of UFO-like and bizarre, non-UFO-like objects such as described by Ivan T. Sanderson

Careful, frame-by-frame analysis is necessary to see some of her photographed objects, which otherwise are overlooked

Facts of the case do not support a thoughtography (paranormal exposure) explanation: (1) Ted Serios claimed to produce single-exposures, while Lansing's 4½ sec sequence has many frames of complex movement, (2) Lansing and Schwarz simultaneously filmed anomalous objects on-site in Palmer with separate movie cameras and got consistent results

Question: how did Stella Lansing's psychopathology / psychophysiology make her a candidate for UFO interaction?

Sources: Personal communications from Stella V. Lansing; Flying Saucer Review 18, 1, pp 3-12, 19; 20, 5, pp 20-27"

[edit on 15-5-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I agree its a strange case, but I really don't see much to go on here. Extremely low res. pics of a video that could easily be a taping a tv screen. And thats about it. Stella was driven to psychosis because no one believed her. Its seems to me she was unstable to begin with, as many contactees have had a similiar experiences without the same results.

As well, if she was so intent on people believing her, she could've had copies of the film made and distributed (even in 1971), which she did not. An exhaustive search on the web still hasn't yielded any results of this film.

Question: What makes you think this isn't a hoax with so little evidence presented? You listed this in another thread as one of the best UFO cases recorded. Just curious.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest

I agree its a strange case, but I really don't see much to go on here. Extremely low res. pics of a video that could easily be a taping a tv screen. And thats about it. Stella was driven to psychosis because no one believed her. Its seems to me she was unstable to begin with, as many contactees have had a similiar experiences without the same results.

As well, if she was so intent on people believing her, she could've had copies of the film made and distributed (even in 1971), which she did not. An exhaustive search on the web still hasn't yielded any results of this film.

Question: What makes you think this isn't a hoax with so little evidence presented? You listed this in another thread as one of the best UFO cases recorded. Just curious.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by VisionQuest]

your refering to " Compilation: Some of the best UFO Cases (or the Classics" I had added this case to the list ? Well I wanted to add one on the list that wasn't already on there and one that was a "classic" and somewhat interesting ( at least to me I guess) and as far as why I don't think it might be a hoax? I really haven't given it that much thought one way or another because of lack of information (which is why I posted it in the first place) and I guess I'm just plain curious about some of the "older classics" and wanted to throw it out there in case by happen chance someone might have more information. okey - dokey?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I found this while doing a search - seems like they thought this topic I started was interesting (about alien time travel blah blah blah)

www.dimebagnyc.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Why this case is pretty much unknown is strange in itself. To this day, the case has not been debunked. What is happening here? Some people believe she could transfer images in her mind to photo and TV.

Who knows, but a very interesting case with no explanation.

new topics

top topics

join