It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked images of Nibiru orbited by Planet X taken by South Pole Station Telescope

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BallBreaker

yup yup, and most of the stuff that is left is on badly designed/maintained websites, first impression are everything, what would you believe more:

www.rense.com...
www.sitchin.com...
or
www.world-mysteries.com...

I know which I'd believe more...
but I try to avoid falling into that hole

thanks. EMM

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
reply to post by jfj123

The grand canyon, the Marianas trench, these scars are all around us, but the cause of them is still changing, at the moment it is river erosion. Just as I'm sure you'll understand the concept of a black hole has to be revised soon, so too may the theory of how these trenches, canyons and craters came to be on earth. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying craters WEREN'T caused by comets, I'm just saying maybe all of them weren't.

Our perception of the universe, not to mention our world, is changing every millisecond and I refuse to believe we are completely right about everything at the moment, not a chance in my eyes sorry.

thanks. EMM

Area's like Marianas trench, and the Puerto Rico trench are caused by a descending convection current- In which two plates meet and one is dragged underneath the other.
The Grand Canyon was caused by both water and wind errosion over a vast period of time. To deny this is as the most likely answer is a bit...Silly, to say it politely.

Basically if you've ever taken a high school geography course, or, any geography course, you'd know all this stuff fairly well.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by undo

Moreover, this subject cripples the legs of most religions.

I said most religions. And it would be hard to find anyone to disagree that most religions would refute and conversation about an extra planet that the bible doesn't mention.

I'm glad it doesn't throw yours off though.

AAC

I don't recall the bible being a primer on what planets do/don't exist... For that matter it neither affirms nor denies the existance of aliens. It's a religious text about faith, not an encyclopedia.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Something I'd like the 'believers' in the approach of this planetx to explain to me is in relation to the idea of it 'hiding' behind the sun:

Considering the radius of earth's orbit at 93 million miles, I'd expect to have a clear view of it in the night sky for at least 6 months of the year. How does it stay hidden 24/7?

If it was in the vicinity of the south celestial pole, well that's observable from where I am which is about 43 degrees south and yet there's nothing out of the ordinary there.

Evidence of a large body of international scientists making significant research plans past 2012 is the project Icecube neutrino detector which is an enhancement of project AMANDA. These guys are obviously betting against any global catastrophes in the next half century at least.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The Great Conjunction of May 20, 2011.

This date seems more significant than the December 21, 2012 date because four planets are in alignment and two other planets are close to the alignment. Take a look at the screen captures taken from the Redshift 4 astronomy software.

Time
Universal time:
20/05/2011 AD
06:35

Lon=000 Deg. 00' Lat=+90 Deg. 00'
Distance=7.000 a.u.

View
Lon=182 Deg. 20' 11" Lat=-90 Deg. 00' 00"
Slope=Ecliptic +000 Deg.
Zoom=1.0

Distance=31.000 a.u.

Distance=50.000 a.u.

Was this the date the Mayans were talking about?

This classic movie comes to mind.
The Dark Crystal (1982) by Jim Henson:
(By the way they’re making a sequel finally and it may be released soon.)

Augra: Another Great Conjunction coming up. Anything could happen. The whole world might burn up.

Jen: What’s the Great Conjunction?

Augra: The Great Conjunction is the end of the world…or the beginning.
End, begin. All the same. Big change. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad.

The name of the sequel is Power of the Dark Crystal.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Pilgrum, good points.

Of course, I have also seen posts supposing that this 'planet'...(sometimes it's a planet, sometimes it's a brown dwarf...ehhh)...

SO sometimes posts tell us it is 'hiding' behind the Moon. Seems that logic and science needs to be restated, just to help educate sometimes.

Your point about the radius, and hence, diameter of the Earth's orbit works along with the fact that the Moon's orbit, about the Earth, is a pittance in comparison...only about 500,000 miles compared to about 190,000,000 miles for the Earth.

The paralax differences involved are phenomenal, but only for viewing objects nearby. If you don't see it, it ain't there!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Tryin' hard not to send this thread to Skunkworks.

Let's try to not stray too far from the Thread topic, please.

LEAKED images of Nibiru orbited by Planet X taken by South Pole Station Telescope

Discussions about the validity of the pictures, telescopes, locations, orbits, information sources etc. ,
would be preferred.

Let's not stray to far toward another Sitchin or 2012 debate. Plenty of those elsewhere.

TIA for your cooperation.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace

This classic movie comes to mind.
The Dark Crystal (1982) by Jim Henson:
(By the way they’re making a sequel finally and it may be released soon.)

The name of the sequel is Power of the Dark Crystal.

This is the best thing I've taken out of this thread in 16 pages.

I didn't know this, but glad to see it.

As for the rest of it, I think the horse kicked up daises long ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
But the magnitude is still unknown... is this a way to interject fear? is it a reality...I don't think so...at least not yet.

I would love for my skepticism to be proven wrong on this, but I have read Dr. De Aquino's papers from a few years ago, and also found that, at that time, no one had been able to reproduce any of these claims!

Sect. 1042 of the 2007 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), “Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies,” gives the executive the power to invoke martial law. For the first time in more than a century, the president is now authorized to use the military in response to “a natural disaster, a disease outbreak, a terrorist attack or any other condition in which the President determines that domestic violence has occurred to the extent that state officials cannot maintain public order.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

Got your point, Jbird...ArMap is really good at pointing out the fact that images from the South Pole are not telescopic images, since the array down under isn't designed for optical images...perhaps ArMap should take over....

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

That is true, but what I am saying is at the moment(and the past 15 years at least), there has been alot of research going on to do with the electrical star model, more researchers and cosmologist's (or plasma cosmologist's) are appearing. This IS a theory, all the research is there, you just have to look.

On the point of me being 'silly'

Yes I did learn all this in school, but I apologise for my belief that you don't learn everything in school, there is plenty of information they DON'T tell you.

I wanted an education in which I try to find all explanations, and not just the 'established view' and I am sure many of you would agree. So to call me silly is a bit rash, but hey, maybe if you read up on the topic you may feel the need to get a little 'silly' yourself.

thanks. EMM

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

It has an eliptical orbit that is ALOT bigger than Jupiter, can you see Jupiter in the nightsky? it's understandable that it can't be seen until it's 're-entry' into the solar system. I don't understand what you mean by 'behind the sun', we can only see it at certain phases on it's approach apparently,by Pluto, Jupiter or Saturn and then when it's past mars. Just to state here, my belief that it is a planet, and not a 'mini solar system'.

thanks. EMM

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

That is true, but what I am saying is at the moment(and the past 15 years at least), there has been alot of research going on to do with the electrical star model, more researchers and cosmologist's (or plasma cosmologist's) are appearing. This IS a theory, all the research is there, you just have to look.

On the point of me being 'silly'

Yes I did learn all this in school, but I apologise for my belief that you don't learn everything in school, there is plenty of information they DON'T tell you.

I wanted an education in which I try to find all explanations, and not just the 'established view' and I am sure many of you would agree. So to call me silly is a bit rash, but hey, maybe if you read up on the topic you may feel the need to get a little 'silly' yourself.

thanks. EMM

Admittedly I am not familiar with the "electric universe". I guess my main issue is the wild claims such as, "black holes don't exist" with zero posted evidence to suggest that comment is, in any way true.
Anyone making radical claims must understand that burden of proof is on them and it's not anyone else's "job" to go read volumes of books to find out if what the poster is saying is true or not.
If I were to say that the reason nobody can see planet x is because it's been sleeping on my couch for the last week, wouldn't you want to see a picture? or would you simply take me on my word?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Additional info regarding Dr. Robert S. Harrington’s search for planet X, maybe interesting for some?

On the last page Harrington says,
I would like to thank Tom van Flandern, who first convinced me that planet X might be real, and worth looking for.

Dr. Robert S. Harrington was an astronomer with the United States
Naval Observatory.

Title: The location of Planet X
Authors: Harrington, R. S.
Journal: Astronomical Journal (ISSN 0004-6256), vol. 96, Oct. 1988, p. 1476-1478.
Bibliographic Code: 1988AJ.....96.1476H

adsbit.harvard.edu...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

For something as big as what everyone says it is, Nibiru should be seen when it gets inside the orbit of Saturn, which I currently see on a clear night. The last I saw Jupiter was about five weeks ago in the early mornings after working the night shift. Those the talk about it hiding behind the sun and the moon obviously do not understand planetary motion as others have tried to explain. It will only hide behind the sun for a few months until the Earth has moved around the sun sufficiently to see it. As far as hiding behind the moon, well it moves relatively fast and a planetary object would not stay behind it unless it was moving in two directions.

Try reading up on the motion of the planets in the solar system.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by geologist]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this? I found it when searching for "Asteroid South Earth"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

interestedalways, I know there is a body coming. Earth scientist are now searching at it. Look to the south ends of the Earth. Many scientists gather there. I am not allowed to go there. I am saddened but I cannot change it.

Totally freaked me out.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Pilgrum

It has an eliptical orbit that is ALOT bigger than Jupiter, can you see Jupiter in the nightsky?

Well, Jupiter is actually visible to the naked eye if you look in the right place at the right time and a very modest telescope will reveal a fair bit of detail. Saturn is also visible and even its rings with the same basic telescope and the reason we see them so clearly is that, from our perspective on an inner planet, they are illuminated fully by sunlight at all times for us so they don't exactly have phases in the sense that the moon and inner planets (relative to our planet) have phases created by their orbital position relative to our viewpoint and the sun.

If planetX is approaching from outside the solar system it's in full uninterrupted sunlight all the way so how can it have phases?

Remember it's supposedly orbitting a brown dwarf with next to no visible luminous output so the output of our sun is many orders of magnitude greater in the visible spectrum.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Well, for all I've seen at the moment 'black hole's' don't exist. Not to say the 'phenomena doesn't exist, but that the name is misleading. They are not black, the images you posted were clearly not 'traditional' black hole's, a gravity well so powerful light couldn't escape, and therefore could only be proved through 'theoretical math'. From what I understand of recent discoveries of black holes how that they emit light and sound (or EM radiation).

I don't know about the opinion on the person to originally state they don't believe in balck holes, but this is my view on it.

thanks. EMM

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

I stated a few pages back that I believe planet x to be a planet, not a brown dwarf, and not a planet orbiting a brown dwarf. I can't give any specifics on the 'phases' because I just don't know, I read this a long time ago.

I do realises you can see Jupiter, I have a Nexstar Celestron 130SLT, and have viewed Jupiter and Saturn a few times, but what I meant was to give an example, you can't 'pick' Jupiter and Saturn out of the sky without knowing where they are or following directions, and Nibiru or planet X is alot farther out, so how would you notice it without having directions and a very powerful telescope? until it comes closer to our Sol system, we 'the general public' won't know about it unless informed.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join