It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 - Year of the Tornado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

>>As of February 19, 345 tornadoes have been reported in the US (of which at least 198 have been confirmed), with 67 confirmed fatalities. No known fatalities have been reported anywhere else in the world as of yet.

I think this has to be record for this time of the year. We still have the worst monthes ahead. I wonder if tinkering with the weather, global warming, or just a natural peak in regualr cycle is at work.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
well, you are correct sir-
But not the year of the tornado. Its just 2008 the year the world knows its changing. I live in Nyc, NY and with the melting pot of people alot of global news is passed that you won't see on the news. Earth quakes are now becoming undoubtably noticed. Where ever you are you are supposed to be. Just hunker down and lets get 'er done.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
NObody believed me...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
2008 is completely going exponential as far as tornados go compared to 10 year average..

en.wikipedia.org...:Tornado_Reports_2005-2008.png

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
upload.wikimedia.org...

Try this link for the graph...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yet more tornados...
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Sad that threads like this don't get much attention. That graph is a pretty impressive illustration of how crazy the weather is this year.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Karl,
Thanks..I noticed that Fragile Earth in general is that way and often anything high tech in Science & Technology..Could also be people just aren't interested in same stuff as me..

BP

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Flying disks .. anyone think they are causing increase in tornados this year?

www.mufoncms.com...

If this isn't fake then they don't seem afraid of them

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have to reply to this one because, on June 6 and 7th 2008, there was 2 tornados that touched down here in Alberta. (They are not very common over here)

Here's the scary part. Those two tornados formed when it was 18-20 degrees celcius outside on both days. (which is even more uncommon to see. Not once but twice in a row!) Anyway, the big storm cloud brought along some golfball sized hail.

I said to my dad, imagine what the sky would look like if it were 30 degrees C outside.

It would make the 1987 Edmonton Twister look like a child's play.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So ends a very deadly year for Tornados.>>
Preliminary numbers suggest that 2,176 tornadoes were reported in the United States (of which 1,600 were confirmed through September), with 125 confirmed fatalities. This made 2008 the deadliest year in that country since 1998.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join