It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - Safe places on Earth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phitau

The Answer Is Simple!

The safest place to be in 2012 will be around those who do not believe in any of this 2012 rubbish!

IRM

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

We will need a few more things to come true in the way of predictions and prophecy to have complete faith that 2012 is going to happen. Currently It is rather one sided in plausibility,.. looking like just an ordinary date.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You need to keep an open view to this topic; the evidence, or tho circumstantially is overwhelming to some kind of event in the near future and some events happening quickly, take all the strange things you here about and then start to piece them together..

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingtigers

There is no evidence to date. Check out the word apophenia. It describes what is being done quite accurately.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Here is a clever story about space that even got some wackos to call in to confirm that it actually happened:
Zero G's

In 1972, BBC Radio 2 announced an once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event was going to take place on April 1st. British astronomer Patrick Moore hypothesized that at 9:47 AM London time, Pluto would pass behind Jupiter and create a gravitational alignment that would counteract and decrease the Earth’s own gravity. Moore advised listeners if they leap in the air at the precise moment of planetary alignment, they would experience a weightless floating sensation. The BBC2 radio station received many phone calls confirming the mid-morning phenomenon, highlighted by one woman’s report of her eleven friends and her lifting off their chairs and floating around the room.

[color=C6AEC7]Ohhh, love it
best laugh Ive had all day

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Maybe some one would like to explain the sudden and they amount of 6,0 earth quakes. And the fact that eastern Canada had a some what large shaker, as I said gather the info as it comes in and evaluate it, something is building with the weather patterns changing and the amount of earth quakes, the earth is starting a change of some kind.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

I came to the same conclusion, basically. The American desert southwest.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

There are over 1.3 million quakes a year. Part of the increase in quakes is better equipment. Part of the so-called increase is simply that random events are spread out in ways that are incorrectly interpreted by people as clusters. According to the people that specialize in the study of earthquakes there is no increase in the number of quakes worldwide.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You need to check your facts a little more closely, there has been a sharp increase of 6.0 mag quakes in the last 2years, and the fact that there was a quake in eastern Canada, a place where the last one was what 1944 that was over 5, how about the weather patterns through out north America and south America, deluge's and such, and the annual rain fall spiking dramatically in known dry areas-and drought in known heavy or wet area's , How about the north and south pole's doing wacky things like crossing, and major earthquakes hitting right after, or the fact that N.A.S.A. HAS found major hole,s in the magnetic field protecting us, have you noticed your T.V. Pic not working properly, how about the fact my T.V. AND T.V'S in new york picsolating at the same time. [ My T.V. is in western Canada], Coincidence, I think not, so yes some thing is going on.We do not have to think the end of the world is coming, but to stuff our heads in the dirt and not pay attention to the circumstantial evidence, is why we have been in the predicaments we have found our selves's in today..

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You need to check your facts a little more closely.

Earthquake Myths - USGS

While the average number of large earthquakes per year is fairly constant, earthquakes occur in clusters. This is predicted by various statistical models, ...

Here is part of a table from the USGS
8.0 to 9.9 1 1 0 1 2 1 2 4 0 1 1
7.0 to 7.9 14 15 13 14 14 10 9 14 12 16 9
6.0 to 6.9 146 121 127 140 141 140 142 178 168 142 91
Number of Earthquakes Worldwide for 2000 - 2010

You stated that "there has been a sharp increase of 6.0 mag quakes in the last 2years". Where do you see this in the table?

Also, the 1944 quake in Eastern Canada was not the most recent M5 or better quake.
Saguenay quake - 1988

On Friday November 25, 1988 the largest earthquake in eastern North America in 53 years occurred 35 km south of Chicoutimi, Québec and 75 km north of the Charlevoix-Kamouraska earthquake zone.

Your weather claims seem to be unsubstantiated. My guess is that they are of the same quality as the earthquake claims.

How about the north and south pole's doing wacky things like crossing

Sorry, that hasn't happened.

Nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't know if one can just chase the illusion of safety. We do not know what truly lies ahead and this world knows alot of suffering, environmental, ocean, oil spill, chemical, sea life, ceteceans, wilderness, poisons in our food and water, wars, and bombing of children, massive starvation and trauma of so many citizens living in mafia like control third world nations where people are shot without warning, such as the phillipines, all run to the bloodlines specifications in their negative mindset of slavery and control.

If something is coming its of their making and elsewise, its in the hands of the Family of Light and our Higher Selves/SElF.

So I'm not running for the hills just yet, and live an hour from the coastline.

Its awareness and waking people up to those controlling this matrix and that its time to envision eden. Can we see and hold in our minds and hearts a different world. Freedom from tryanny and corporations/banks? End of money/banks? End of fossil fuel and oil? And oh yes, there are ets invovled on both sides, some are not our friends.

If a disaster occurs, such as an astroid or comet, know this, the mountains are not safe. You need high ground but flat solid ground away from the faultlines and volcanoes, so in Canada, just east of the Rockies might be a good idea, or North east british columbia. You need to dig and be about 5 feet under the ground and filter your air, keep printouts of technology and designs for devices so we don't lose technology, and tools.

Those in underground bases, well, all I can say is that its not the safest place to be if things get very traumatic for the plates and all.

Mountains will fall, and raise, so mountains are not the safest place.

However, our consciousness is important, so lets see something else happening instead please.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Typical of head in sand, check rain fall for western Canada; being the prairies, way over precept for this year, not sure where your earth quake info is from but wrong. And yes the poles are crossing, I monitor real time magnetic pole line's magnetic blasts[..prop.hfradio.org.]you will see for your self..Check out annual rain fall for western north America U.S. and Canada. Way over normal.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Canada.

I live in Quebec and I remember when I was 5 or 6 years old my grandmother used to tell me that this land was sacred, to love it dearly and that one day, when I grow old, it would save my life. Funny how things turn out sometimes. It only makes sense nowadays.

I think we will have many Americans coming to Canada when the time comes. My door will always be open.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You guys dont get it. Once our ice is gone, not a inch of ground will remain. Dont forget what our moon does to large bodies of water......

gl, faith.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Typical of head in sand, check rain fall for western Canada; being the prairies, way over precept for this year, not sure where your earth quake info is from but wrong. And yes the poles are crossing, I monitor real time magnetic pole line's magnetic blasts[..prop.hfradio.org.]you will see for your self..Check out annual rain fall for western north America U.S. and Canada. Way over normal.

You know where my earthquake info came from. What is this "note sure where your earthquake info is from from". I know your earthquake info is completely false, as are the rest of your claims.

So you have extra rain in Western Canada. Means nothing on a global scale.

And no the poles are not crossing.

You have made a list of unsubstantiated claims that are utterly wrong. Do some research and come back with some evidence for your claims.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissPort905v2

Once our ice is gone, not a inch of ground will remain.

Why do you say that? Did you know that the ocean levels are low today.

Sea Level

Over most of geologic time, long-term sea level has been higher than today (see graph above). Only at the Permian-Triassic boundary ~250 million years ago was long-term sea level lower than today.

So if you go to the link you'll see a chart under "Geological Influences" and that will show you that the seas have been higher than now most of the life of the earth.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I actually have heard that they are low too. My uncle, physics background, and connected to his collegues via his ham radio, is more concerned with ice age by the way, and he lives in the north.

Its very cold this summer at the coast, when it should be mild and warm. Yet when everyone was having a harsh winter, it was very mild here. The weather is erratic and different than what most of us have been raised in.

Also, its not possible to say that no disaster is coming or heading this way. For people to be aware of possible scenarios and to know that our society is fragile, few have land and gardens and few attempt to create their own energy, so.....no matter what, it is not harmful in the least for people to envision escape routes, safe areas, places to relocate, to become survivalists.

Every single town, or region should have groups, seed banks, collectives of tools, professsionals, ie, woodworkers, blacksmith, mechanics, lay people, hobbyists, farmers, and numerous people volunteering.

It should be normal, to be prepared.

We shouldn't live on the cusp.

But what I see happening, which may or may not have a disaster, I dont know, I wont draw it, have researched and examined but really strongly feel that we need to focus on independence and seeing the matrix, and striving for equality and a good system, end of control and slavery, if there is a disaster, yes, we need to be ready. But I see disclosure and technology coming out, that will be quite a change.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phitau

Well I know were I will be AT HOME because NOTHING will happen plain and simple, in fact on that very day I may even go into my cinema room put the 2012 Blu-ray into my PS3 and watch it in glorious Hi-def on my 92" screen and have a little
at the thought of all the people on here up mountains etc,while I am warm and cozy watching whats not happening outside! in the comfort of my home.

Though what will be even better of course is the day after when all the threads start about the big NO SHOW!!!!!!!!

I am REALLY looking forward to what people will have to say, it cant come quick enough!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwissPort905v2
You guys dont get it. Once our ice is gone, not a inch of ground will remain. Dont forget what our moon does to large bodies of water......

gl, faith.

If every single cubic inch of ice melted on Earth sea level would rise about 85ft thats all

You have to remember sea ice already displaces water so when it melts no change only land locked ice raises the sea level.

It wouldn't be pleasent for some but your no ground quote is BS sorry!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Well dude, I see this is useless having an intelligent discussion with you,[ WHAT PART OF THE GOVERMENT DO YOU WORK FOR].Abnormal high tides unable to be explained by any ocean science..Stronger and more frequent thunder storms through out North America. And on a global scale well lets just chat about that deluges in china in the last two weeks, same in Mexico, and The U.S.. or did we forgot about Nashville already..Tornadoes in Texas in December..The list is end less, Pull your head from the,[ Sphincter Muscle]. and take a look around, Its not rocket science to see whats going on...But you keep on living in your fuzzy wuzzy world and we will see who is prepared and who is not..You will be the Junior Official on T.V.telling the people;[ WE HAD KNOW IDEA IT WOULD COME TO THIS.] while his boss is hauling his butt out of danger, and can't be reached for comment.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join