It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - Safe places on Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I've heard numerous theories about the end of the world in 2012--dimensional shift, planet x, galactic alignment, aliens coming, Mayan calendar, etc.

Considering that there will be numerous events of earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, cyclones and so on where should we go for safety? According to some theories we may also be knocked back into the stone age.

I would assume the mountains. They're high in altitude from the clouds and storms. It's also better to be somewhere in a mountain range if a tsunami hits a nearby coast. Finally, I can't recall any kind of volcano that's close to a mountain range.

Furthermore, I did some surfing on the web (youtube, ats, alienshift.com) and found that they're are aliens out there that will start appearing as 2012 nears--some say 2010. They are extra dimensional beings, and they will help us learn their technology. Then, I found this:

Here is something else I found that says they are good:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I would have to agree with the Mountain's being safe.

The Videos that you presented were interesting, but they have been posted here on ATS before. There are all kind of theories regarding Year 2012, but untill 2012 arrives, lets just keep our heads level...

Also i have heard that Aliens will be taking over the world in 2012, so why would they come forward earlier and help us to learn there technology
>.<

Im not sure what to think.. Will 2012 be the END? Time will tell....

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ya if you head twards the middle of the US but not too close to Canada you would have a better chance, but honestly our chances aren't that good... Just take a look at Io the moon closest to Jupiter. The moon is under extreme gravitational pressure from Jupiter and has so much volcanic activity it completely resurfaces itself often... Not sure of how long it takes, but it's constantly volcanic and most likely has earthquakes as well... Figure if Planet X/Nibiru is 8 times the size of earth as some predict it to be, it will have a major gravitational effect on earth. The earth will stop spinning and completely reverse and magma will pour from every crack, the earth will quake everywhere... Etc. etc. Probably the effect on us won't be as great as Jupiter on Io, but even so it's going to be caotic... That's why i can't understand why the government is building bases underground... don't they realize that the bases will just collapse and crush everyone inside? Maybe that is the real reason why they are called DUMB's? One fault blows up near a base and it's gone... Oh stay away from yellow stone national park... California and anywhere on the coast would be bad too.. chances are the only way anyone will survive is by pure luck... By happening to be in the right place at the right time... I don't think anyone can really control that and/or even prepare for it... But it's worth a shot right?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
2012 is a bunch of BS by some guys who lost it in 2003 or w/e when this planet did not pass. What they did was remade the date and other people started hearing about this and it became big, so many people made new theories that everyone started believing. How could it be that a planet 8 times us is hidden where we can't see but 7 weeks before it gets here we will be able to see? How is it that the reason we can't see it is because it is moving to slow to be here yet.... but is suppose to speed up and pass by us, and yet we think it is gonna be here long enough to kill us all? Sounds like a bunch of rubish to scare everyone.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by phitau
Considering that there will be numerous events of earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, cyclones and so on where should we go for safety?

Sweden.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phitau

I wonder where you got the info that most volcanoes aren't in mountain ranges? Actually most volcanoes are in mountain ranges so I wouldn't go there. Plus you have the added problems of high altitude, low temps and the fact that they would be gratly lowered if a volcano did erupt due to volcanic ash. As far as tidal waves and tsunami's go you could avoid those by going inland far enough to escape them. You also have to think of a place where you would be able to grow food so once again the mountains wouldn't be my first choice. In the face of a major catastrophe I don't think there is a whole lot you can do other than to be as infromed as possible and plan acordingly.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Dah, aliens are demons and of course they are going to say they are good, and bright and intelligent and beeficial.

When the Lord allows them to take over according to His Plan, then ONLY for three and a half years will they have dominance. The good citizens of the earth shall unite into a nice law and order society to kill rebels who differ with them and their leader the so called Messiah of the jews, Christians and Muslims. resist and refuse the MARK and you die.

So forget searching for safe heavens their are none. ABSOLUTELY none, you will be hunted down and beheaded within months.

The only people that survive to the end are those that have gathered around the TWO WITNESSES, TWO prophets, two branches, two candlesticks of revelation and of ALL PROPHECY. We head to Petra, and fight the dam AC from there....even as our prophets bring on devastation and havoc on the whole world through their prophesying. Thank the Lord, and the fight is on.

*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 25/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Don't forget the theory of the poles shifting...

Einstein's logic: he and others wrote about this stuff even before the theory of tectonic plates was proven! Next reversal is scheduled for 2012!

The magnetic field of the Earth has actually switched its direction many many times during Earth’s history. Although this is not completely understood, the leading theory of how it works is that Earth’s magnetic field is caused by the motion of the liquid outer core. The churning of the liquid in the outer core acts as a giant electromagnet, moving electrical charges around, in what is known as the “geomagnetic dynamo.” The rotation of the solid inner core also contributes to the magnetic field.

www.december212012.com...

The alien visitors have been visiting Earth since the beginning of time. They have intervened before I'm sure, we have forgotten or haven't realised...
We are free to govern our planet as we please, this is the right of Free Will. A law which the universe is based upon, i believe. They are stepping in now to stop the total destruction of our civilisation and planet and surrounding planets and ecosystems..
Surely we are not just harming ourselves in the process - there are unseen factors to consider... We are turning towards nuclear weaponry now and this especially seems to pose an extreme threat which they have deliberately shown they want to shut down.

But, you know, something's gotta give, we're in too deep now in all this mess we've made. We are effing it up tooooo fast. So something's gotta give..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HruthTurts

The underground places are being built in Mars. Only the chosen ones are going to be able to survive and create the new civilization to come.
The hard part now is to somehow continue to live life to the fullest until is over.
The theory is the only souls who will survive it will be the ones that are clean from any demons. Demons are the experience we lived in this life and past lifes that don't allows us to be ourselves completely.
It can be anything...eg: from child abuse to selfishness of the ego.
So, start cleaning your soul...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Amazing, if you amazon 2012 you will find more than 90 000 books for sale on the subject.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
this is the next stage in life... If youu happen to fall, you will be separated from the darker souls that torment the earth... do not be afraid of death for it comes to all.... If you want to survive, build your army for survival, not war... everybody knows the answer... but do you want to belive it??? ther will be clarity... prepare yourselfes...
a couple religons are close to the answer... If you want to research another, the Spiritist have most of the conclution of this all... and life as we know today... Dont be afraid...fear will distort the answer...accept what you know and grow apon it...
Pilot L. Evergreen

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Volcanoes Mt ST Helens -you'll notice the MT at the beginning which is short for mount or mountain
Here is a link to Volcanoes on the American Continents there are 241 in the U.S.
volcano.und.edu...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I would assume the mountains. They're high in altitude from the clouds and storms. It's also better to be somewhere in a mountain range if a tsunami hits a nearby coast. Finally, I can't recall any kind of volcano that's close to a mountain range.

That's where I moved my family. I made sure that we are at least 1200 ft above sea level...

Still... I'll have to wait and see like the rest of you...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Go to the Mayan capital nd stand upon one of the ancient Mayan pyramids. Some thing cool will probably happen there

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just Keep away from the INDIAN OCEAN, This is where it will start in Sept 2012, The URALS, ROCKIES, SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS, SOMEWHERE HIGH NORTH OR SOUTH OF THE INDIAN OCEAN At least 1000 - 1500 miles

The Hunted Few

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
yon know i read about all this end of day and 2012 about 10 years ago and was deep into it but it got so depressing with the birth of my kids that i decided to shut it out but things happen that trigger events in your mind and you keep finding yourself going over what you learned and belive but end of the day only fate knows what you got instore for your end
i suppose once you get it in your head you can never let it go till the time comes

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Below is a link to a very interesting talk by a Native American Elder.

www.youtube.com...

Pay particular attention to what is said at 4:47.

At the link above is Part 2 of 5. All 5 parts are insightful.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
A lot has been said through out history about a dooms day around 2012. I'm not sure if there is safe place to hide. Something keeps tellin me the safest place is with the creator. I am slowly coming to grips that since we are spiritual beings that reincarnate threw this time/space saving our physical form during this incarnation is really not that important. Threw all what information says or religion says about the end of time, remember that your spirit is indestructable, you can't lose it and it can not be destroyed for it is always a part of the creator and will always remain with the creator. The creator is absolute the sum of all things. A great deal of our time here on this planet should have been learning about that invisible side of our selves and the laws of creation. So think positive an take this time to get in touch with the limitless gift your spirit and no matter what happens on earth or through out the galaxies it still remains MP

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You can't think of any volcanoes around mountain ranges? How about Mt. St. Helens. Or what about Mt. Vesuvius? The Hawaiian name "Mauna Loa" means "Long Mountain". Mauna Loa is the largest volcano on earth! Anyone reading this, please don't listen to this man's advice. He is apparently an idiot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join