It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Electron filmed for first time ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Now it is possible to see a movie of an electron. The movie shows how an electron rides on a light wave after just having been pulled away from an atom. This is the first time an electron has ever been filmed, and the results are presented in the latest issue of Physical Review Letters:

www.disclose.tv...

I found this facinating and wanted to share it.

[edit on 24-2-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
That is fascinating, it appears that the electron "surfed" the light wave. If I am interpreting what I saw correctly. That is a great piece of research by these scientists and gives a little clearer picture of the physics behind our most base form of matter.

cool find Terrapop

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Amazing. Coupled with technology as this we are really making progress!

I don't believe that we will ever be able to "see" anything at atomic scale, but we might be able to see 'enough' to make good measures of reality at those levels.

[edit on 23/2/08 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Really cool.

I am not a physicist. But when I studied the course of quantumn chemistry, I learnt that electron would change the course once an photon hit it. So it is hardly feasible to really continuously take a movie of an electron.

Glad to have a chance to renew my knowledge regarding this aspect.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If you are interested in this subject, I'd like to suggest you read "The case against the nuclear atom", by the late Dewey B. Larson, which can be found here

www.reciprocalsystem.com...

Whether it changes your opinion about current atomic theory or not, I found his points very interesting and thought provoking. If he is right, then science is way off in left field, and continues to build science "fact" out of science speculation. Of course he has his own theory about what subatomic matter is (he calls it the reciprocal system) but it too is based on speculation

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
They are like the galaxy!
Orbiting in oval shape likes solar system!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
im kinda confused here

all im seeing is a bunch of blue rings...

wheres the electron agian?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
im kinda confused here

all im seeing is a bunch of blue rings...

wheres the electron agian?

It is the wavefunction you see.

It is not a real photograph, mind you, but rather a graphical representation of the data.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Careful with that wave form energy stuff. You wouldn't want stray electrons surfing in from all over to provide free energy. Nope there is absolutely nothing to that wave theory.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Careful with that wave form energy stuff. You wouldn't want stray electrons surfing in from all over to provide free energy. Nope there is absolutely nothing to that wave theory.

Could you elaborate?

Might as well put another line in here to get some high quality content going.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I see movement in some sort of energy field, I'm assuming that's what I'm supposed to see. Perhaps to a more trained eye in quantum physics than mine, there's more there.

It makes sense that the explanation is what's happening though. Photonic displacement of an electron, the same process that initiates photosynthesis and causes a photon-initiated explosion between Cl2 and H2. I'm just glad to see this is still getting attention in scientific circles. We need stray electrons surfing in from all over to provide free energy.

Nice find!

TheRedneck

top topics

join