It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please debunk this photo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

My apologies if this has been discussed before but this is just so new to me and for a personal reason. Thanks!

Any thoughts internos & jritzman?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Photos are not showing up. You might want to fix it.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Your photo source requires a login to view the photos.

Please host them someplace else and come back to the thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I guess that you are referring to these ones:

Source:
www.ufocasebook.com...

Here you can find the full size image

The image is interesting, but here there's something much close to a possible photo editing "fingerprint":

Such a squared shaped feature shouldn't appear in a natural formation, unless i'm missing something.
This is not conclusive, of course, but it's a negative clue.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Well what I can say is that its not a weather phenomenen.

I would suggest phot experts to have a look on this one

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It's a weather balloon.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This looks like a cell about to split....... or the Talons from Earth final conflict are about to arrive. I am no expert by any means but this doesn't look real.... would like to hear other opinions from more experinced members.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It looks like a flying jellyfish to me.

I trust Internos's opinon of it

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Perhaps a droplet of water on the lens of the camera? It seems like the clouds are in the anomaly, as well as a ray of the sunlight.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColdWater
It's a weather balloon.

Haha......that I can tell you its not......lol

I launched one earlier and its definently not it

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It's hard to say what that object is on the upper left hand corner. It looks like nothing I've seen. But perhaps it could be a tree ornament with big eyes.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I trust you

Well what i know for sure is that this squared area is simply out of place:
what's supposed to be an halo, or smoke, as said, has a squared feature.
This can be noticed even if you look at the original image.
This feature shouldn't be there, no matter if this is a natural phenomena or an interstellar spacecraft

All i can do, given the circumstancies (a single witness, the photo and nothing else) is to point out this anomaly.

[edit on 23/2/2008 by internos]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If you look at the 4th photo very carefully, you can almost see the anal probe going in. LOL

I gotta go with the one poster and say it's a drop of water on the lens. The image looks too close to the foreground to be so far away (clouds as reference) and lighting around the perimeter dosen't coincide with the suns rays.

I can see the rear lighting being the exhaust if it's moving toward the sun and not away, but the entire perimeter wouldn't be lit up unless it's an internal source. Probably a minscus produced by the droplet.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColdWater
If you look at the 4th photo very carefully, you can almost see the anal probe going in. LOL

I gotta go with the one poster and say it's a drop of water on the lens. The image looks too close to the foreground to be so far away (clouds as reference) and lighting around the perimeter dosen't coincide with the suns rays.

That was my first impression:
but in according to the witness' statement

My wife noticed the stationary, very reflective (like blue chrome) object behind the dark grey cloud first and being completely flummoxed about it, told me to grab my camera. As I raised the camera and increased the zoom, the object suddenly started moving at an incredibly fast speed (seemed to be heading in our direction but going upwards) so I just pressed the button several times. We got several pics, but it only appeared on the first one.

The object was definitely cylindrical, but with a strangely contoured convex base. There was a cross of incredibly bright light across the base, but a blinding (bright as the sun) ball of light at the front. (I say 'front' based on its trajectory.) I assume the whole top of the craft was bathed in this 'light' because you could see its aura around the entire thing.

www.ufocasebook.com...

it had to be visible in the sky.
In case of drop on the lens i would expect a statement like: "i didn't notice it when i took the photo"

Edit to add:

I've found an ongoing discussion about this case:
Something Odd in Stafford UK (UFO pics)

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I don't trust anybody who uses the word "flummoxed"

But if I did and the light is on board, it still looks like the distance is wrong. The whole angle looks weird like he was almost level with the rooftop when the picture was taken.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Could that square feature be explained as an image artifact by something intensely bright?

Like if it was higher up in the sky than in the picture but it could still hit you with its white beam & turn everything around you the color of the beam?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It could be a genuine photo but if it is, it is the first UFO with an insignia on the bottom. It looks like is has 1 main stripe split into 3, hmmmmm unusual to say the least.

The only way I altered it was by readjusting the brightness and colour balance. The "stripes" dont look like a reflection or sheen from the sun as its too symmetrical notice its the same on both sides. You may have a genuine here.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by Drakiir]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

Could that square feature be explained as an image artifact by something intensely bright?

Like if it was higher up in the sky than in the picture but it could still hit you with its white beam & turn everything around you the color of the beam?

The lines are too straight to be taken as an artifact produced by the light, neither directly nor undirectly you can get that effect: the pixel resized image confirms it. Besides, the squared artifact is parallel to both vertical and horizontal edges: frankly, i think that the photo is a hoax: there's no way to get such an effect in a shot, even if one tries to get it: ah, the guy who submitted this one, vanished after the submission, and if you take a look to the thread that i've linked above, you will find out that the whole story is more than fishy: but i may be wrong, of course.
I have to say thank you for sharing this one, but my take is that this is a hoax.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

My wife noticed the stationary, very reflective (like blue chrome) object behind the dark grey cloud first and being completely flummoxed about it, told me to grab my camera. As I raised the camera and increased the zoom, the object suddenly started moving at an incredibly fast speed (seemed to be heading in our direction but going upwards) so I just pressed the button several times. We got several pics, but it only appeared on the first one.

Sorry, I don't buy that story. The object is not even remotely the focus of the photographer, the clouds and sunrays are perfectly framed and are the obvious subject of the original photo. I think the story's as fake as the UFO.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hey look, a Smiley of Marvin the Martian.

That's not a droplet because anything on the lens would be way out of focus and would appear more like a haze.

If it's authentic I would ask the photographer what exactly resides below where the object appears?
I mean, could it be a reflection of a body of water and a bridge?

Kudos to Internos for pointing out the horizontal lines [second arrow]. Perhaps this result of having used the smudge tool.
Also notice the "zipper like" series of odd looking vertical lines which appear above and extend across the length of the object. Seems to be confined within rectangular block area of the image [above the first arrow].
Looks like someone forgot to clean up the image a bit.

Originally posted by internos

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join