It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the hypocrites!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
apnews.myway.com...
Ok right now in Haiti rebels are overthrowing the government, which is corrupt, and running into little resistance from outside governments. What is the ethics behind the U.S. then...? How in hell can we sit there and choose which country to take over and change to our liking?? WTF!!! Is this not as plain to everyone else. We can sit there like a bunch of French people and say it does not concern us... well then either does Iraq. I am sorry but these are some screwed up ideals. I can not stand hypocrites.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
How about once and for all someone else helps. Wait, its americas responsibility to do this, but when we do we are interferring with a nations sovernty(sp?). When we dont we are hypocrites.

Damned if we do Damned if we dont!!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I agree. The thing you have to think about is What is in it fot the U.S.? Absolutely nothing.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ya know,
Maybe after all the bitching we heard after Iraq, we're listening to the rest of the world and staying out of other countries' affairs.
Maybe we're tired of being called the bad guys all the time?

I mean, jesus, if we send help down to Haiti, soldiers would die! They'd die trying to protect an oppressed people who desire a better government! We can't have that, can we?

I'm with Dreamz.
We're damned if we do, damned if we don't.

-B.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Damn straight, from now on we won't interfere in ANYONE'S business! You know if we went to help, there'd be foreign AND domestic protests.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why try to prop up one of the most corrupt regimes in this hemisphere, viva la revolution!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It is too late, US has already interfered in Iraq's business, leaving tens of thousands of Iraqi's dead. Leaving the nation in shambles, and a country in devastation. It will take years for them to get even close to the level the country was at before, while other nations continue advancing.

The reason some people are angry is they wonder why America only 'happens' to interfere with a nation that is rich in oil, and can pay them back for their 'services' over time with oil trade.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Not at all, if we are going to get involved in something then it should be somewhat for our benefit. If their is not enough to gain from it, other than a nose bleed, I would then assume the government would decide to stay out of it. So now you want the US to get in EVERY war??? First people complain that we get invoved in Iraq, then people complain that we don't get involved EVERYWHERE??? It's a trap, damned if you do and damned if you dont.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
the point is this: GWB wants to be in Iraq to spread democracy in the middle east (their are other reasons but he wishes not to disclose them). If we do not step in here it will show our lack of commitment and our war mongering antics. It is gross if you step back and look at the "Most Powerful nation", look at people in need and turn their backs unless it is of some economic benifit.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You know that the government is really looking out for their own needs. They must see something of value in a change of leadership in Haiti. Maybe they feel that this would be the best way to bring freedom into the region. The people of USA would have loved for the people of Iraq to take care of the situation on their own. They didn't. Now maybe the government sees this as the people of Haiti doing it for themselves so we don't need to. Just a guess that Bush wants this change and thinks the people revolting are getting the job done.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by samfashow
the point is this: GWB wants to be in Iraq to spread democracy in the middle east (their are other reasons but he wishes not to disclose them). If we do not step in here it will show our lack of commitment and our war mongering antics. It is gross if you step back and look at the "Most Powerful nation", look at people in need and turn their backs unless it is of some economic benifit.

What was it the madalorian and other people said? Oh yeah, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mouko_ryuu

Originally posted by samfashow

What was it the madalorian and other people said? Oh yeah, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

I agree but it will only make us look worse if we don't.
I believe some aid to thoseopposing the rebellion would be nice, since they are fearing the mass of refugees.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Maybe it's time we sit back and let people complain about us getting involved. Maybe we should do this sitting back when they need us, especially when they were not willing to support us in helping others. I am not dumb enough to believe that we always have the best interest of other countries in mind when we help them. I do think that when we help ourselves we try to make sure it helps others at least a little so we can get away with it. Kinda helping both sides at once.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
But if we do help out, we gain nothing, and American childern lose their mommies and daddies.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I should be more clear, the people in office gain something. I keep saying "we" like I mean the people of our country. I am talking about Bush and friends getting what they wish for, on what ever level and for what ever reason.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mouko_ryuu
But if we do help out, we gain nothing, and American childern lose their mommies and daddies.

maybe not soldiers or wepons but a form of aid like food shelter or hope. If we were to choose eiher side we would only gain more ennimies and we already know that we have too many of those!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
With terrorism it becomes a problem also. You can't just sit back and defend yourself at home. You have to dig out the bad guys who wanna blow you up. Take them out on their turf before they bring the fight into your country. We would have had some of the people involved in 9-11 on the run if we were in the Middle East before then. Or maybe we could have. Since we weren't making them run they were able to prepare and bring the fight to us. What a mess. The US really does have to pick and choose where to fight. You can't play on every field. Things get too thin.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Here's a thought....
Got a phone?
If you do, call 1-900-UNTOTHERESCUE

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Here's a thought....
Got a phone?
If you do, call 1-900-UNTOTHERESCUE

regards
seekerof

I dont get it, I am not about to dial a 1-900#. I have a high enough phone bill. Id it some kind of joke or what???

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I thought that was implied....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join