It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonsillectomy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm scheduled to have my tonsils out next week. I should have had it done a long time ago, but I didn't.

I'm a 23-year-old male, I smoke, and I'm having the procedure done to deal with a persistent infection I've been having off and on in one tonsil. What should I expect before and after the surgery?

I'm sure a lot of you have been through this, and I feel like I could benefit a lot from your experiences... I'd really appreciate any stories, advice, or anecdotes you care to share on the subject.

Looking forward to your input... thanks in advance

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
What should I expect after the surgery?

a very, very sore throat.

I've had my tonsils out, it was my first operation i was about 5-6 and i was really afraid of hospitals I've had a few operations since then and one of which involved my inflamed sinuses being cut down to size...not good to get a blood nose every time you blow your nose...

anyway, after getting my tonsils taken out i couldn't talk for a day, maby a bit less and i was only aloud to eat ice cream and jelly...it was great!

have fun with your time off and don't worry, the scariest thing is the needle *shudders*

Roswell.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by roswell1]

join