It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does everyone stand on UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hi everybody (dr. nick voice from the simpsons)
So check it out, I just registered here, although I've been coming to this site every once in a while for the last couple of weeks because there's some pretty interesting topics in the UFO/alien section and I am one who has some personal beliefs on the subject as I've noticed everyone else does to, hence we're all here.
I personally believe that the chances of human life being a single anomaly in the universe are much slimmer than the possibility that other parts of the universe have grown life as this planet has, and that certain forms of life have had more time to evolve and explore the universe, as we aim to(imagine how much we'll evolve in even only 1000 years, think about how much humans and this planet has changed just in the last 100 years, imagine what a civilization with 10000 more years of evolution would be capable of).
I have to assume that if humans had deep space exploration technology and we found a planet that harbored life and was primitive to our own, we would monitor and study it from a distance in order to further understand the depths of its existence before we got directly involved and I am assuming other intelligent life would think similiarly, however this doesn't mean our presence would go 100% undetected.
I have never seen anything that I can say is for sure "alien" (I thought I saw something in the sky once that was moving fast and changed directions and was suddenly gone, but I was kinda drunk, so i cant know for sure.)
What I want is to understand from those who know beyond just a belief that non earth life forms exist and are present in our space, what do you believe about who they are, where they come from, and what their interactions with people and this planet mean for the future?
I've read the Alex Collier's and the grey, reptillian and dimensional things and personally I dont connect with them. Its interesting, but sounds too far fetched to grasp, but maybe i'm wrong.
I guess I just want to hear from people who are genuine about what they know, who don't seek fame or recognition, that are't asking for money or to go to a seminar that i have to pay for, but just some insight as to what you believe and what evidence or reason to you have to believe it.
I understand being skeptic and I'm all for needing evidence before I can conclude anything for certain, but some people on here are harsh towards each other, I mean, weed the false ones out, we all know there are losers everywhere who like to mess with people for whatever personal reason they have for not doing something constructive with their lives, but this is a forum for people interested in UFOs gauge someone by how they write and if they sound childish or immature before you ridicule them extensively about why aliens won't contact you or why didn't they get a picture with the alien with their arms around each other.
I know this post is long, but these thoughts have been building up as I've been coming here.
Anyway, I'll wrap it up. I'm a musician, i like tacos and go to school and think that this planet is changing and there's a lot of ignorance in the world and a lot of corruption, as well as a lot of beautiful aspects worth preserving and developing, our arts, sciences and technologies mainly. I also believe there is other intelligent life in the skies that has found us, but until we unite as a planet and can work peacefully together they will not subject themselves or the many possible races of beings in space, to enabling humans with advanced technology and understanding the history of the universe and its workings.
If you got this far, thanks for reading and if you have a story or something to share with those who have not had direct contact, that you think would help further our understanding of who these beings are, where they came from and what their role in our future as a planet and species is, please share.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by bdogsays]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Again, sorry that post was so long. I just wanted to give props to the people on here because we're all interested in something bigger than just what is happening on this planet, and I personally feel we're a part of something great on a scale we can't even imagine and we're all wanting to find out our role so we can begin moving this planet in the right direction because at times it feels like we're not and that is hard for people like me who know what we're capable of and who want to know what is going on in the vast regions of the universe and hate to see corruption and power destroy our chances of getting there. So props to ATS.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I stand on wishing I could stand on a UFO.

It's only a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I believe that there is a lot of disinformation on ATS, lots of people that want to derail threads. If you look at information that is floating around there is quite a consensus though. I seems that everybody In America and around the world are standing around with there jaws dropped. The real truth though seems that there is something going on, I mean come on all this news and all of the things that you see pop up daily. So what i am really trying to say is there is something. I have never personally seen a UFO or talked to an alien, on the other hand i have talked to many people( close family friends..) that have claim to have seen disc,
cigar and classic disc. I personalty have followed the subject since I was a little kid and now more than ever I see this unfolding in front of my eyes. The history is undeniable 50 years + of history on the subject. So what i am really trying to say is i believe but I am like the rest of the population, these things called UFOs aliens what ever you want to call them, they have not changed my life on the basis of a 1st person view. I still have to get up for work pay the bills and do what ever the hell else im doing at the time. Sure I think about this stuff a-lot but none seems to really care! I tell people about things they listen. In the end though they seem to be waiting just like i am, for some personal change. I think it will come though, when we see it I bet you it will be something that you never could even dream of. So keep in there, those of us who keep looking for the truth will find it! AND WE KNOW WHO WE ARE!

top topics

join