It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory - If Satan must be destroyed (Revelations), then it must be an act of mercy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is all hypothetical, playing along with the "end times" story in Revelation.

It only makes sense to me if Satan's destruction in the end times is an act of mercy from G-d. I have tried to rationalize this particular storyline in my head, why must he be ended? How is it just? Perhaps it is because Satan/Lucifer is beyond help, if other rebellious spirits are beyond help they get "cast into the fire" or "blotted out" or otherwise ended.

But my point is that it could make a lot more sense if his demise is an act of mercy by G-d. As opposed to some sort of raving punishment for his crimes. Instead, putting him and other rebellious spirits out of their misery in a way, because they will never get what they seek or something.

My point is perhaps you don't have to hate Satan to be a good Christian. You don't have to drool over him getting punished to prove your zeal. Perhaps G-d only wanted to give fair warning to those who don't wish to follow Him, and there will be no place for them in his kingdom. And so he will end their existence, and continue his kingdom.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Novise]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Have you read Paradise Lost by John Milton? He claimed to have written it after inspiration from the "holy spirit".
Well, I'm not a christian, but taking it from a literary view point...
It seems that destroying satan would not be an act of mercy. To me it's more like satan is still a threat that "god" has to deal with. God seems like a bully who won't leave well enough alone. First he beats satan once, but to destroy him? It's like saying "Haha! You're so weak!"
Then again these beings don't exist so no one on earth would know for sure.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Like bringing death to a death dealer. To kill the root of deception is to prevent that tree from bearing fruit. Saving those who may have followed, the ego, satan, is destroyed.

join