what's up with 2012.com?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ok. I remember a while back when I used to be into all the 2012 crap out there and I went to 2012.com and all it said in big bold letters was

"This domain is not for sale. Do not call. Do not write. Do not ask."

Of all the 2012 nonsense I've heard, this was the weirdest thing in my opinion. I mean, why would you simply hold onto this domain and not sell it when you could make a fortune off of it? Unless they're trying to wait until 2011 to sell it or something to maximize profits. Anyways, now when you go to it, it simply redirects you to google. I previous finger of 2012.com showed that it belonged to the Monsoon Research Corporation who are involved in Dolphin research. Things were getting stranger. Seeing as how dolphins are the next smartest animal to humans on earth, if not smarter than us. When I found this out, it brought a recollection of "The Flower of Life" book, a book stringing together various odd theories like 2012 and dolphins and egypt and such. etc. etc.

The Monsoon Software Corporation also has created something called the Indigo Learning System which it claims helps "special" new age kids learn better. Or something like that.

Anyways, I just thought all this was strange and just wanted to know why a company like this would register 2012.com and never ever use it and never sell it??? Seem odd to anyone else?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Oh well...
There are any number of possible explanations, I suppose.

One would be that they're hoping to cash in on the coming craze (oh, it's coming, there's no doubt about it ; )); and, of course, rule nro. 1 of advertising is... pique the interest of the public AND artificially generate interest in their commodity - which they do by seemingly refusing in advance any offers (to eventually sell it to the highest bidder).

Another explanation would be that it's some sort of "conceptual" art/joke.

These two are just my personal favourite explanations.
Then again, what do I know?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Take a look at their website and the products page www.learningsoft.net...

You will see that the learning system is called: Indigo v.2.0.1212

Doesnt really show if there have been previous versions or if this is the only one....

Have you looked up Indigo 2012 or Indigo Children?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Allwhois says that it is owned by someone who registered at Gandi, and the domain actually expires on March 29th 2010.

No words on who owns the site though.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This blog archive has some details about 2012.com survive2012.com...

Whois shows records for 2012:

domain: 2012.COM
owner-name: Monsoon Software, Inc.
owner-address: 2114 N. Flamingo Rd. Suite 217
owner-address: 33028
owner-address: Pembroke Pines
owner-address: Florida

This can be linked by address to

domain: MONSOON.COM
owner-name: Monsoon Software, Inc.

domain: LEARNINGSOFT.NET
owner-name: LearningSoft, Intl.

domain: AQUATHOUGHT.COM
owner-name: AquaThought Foundation

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wilybean

You will see that the learning system is called: Indigo v.2.0.1212

wow... v.2.0.1212

Lets break this just to make sure everyone sees it:

take out the dots and you have: 201212
Now, lets just put one dot to make it even clearer: 2012.12

hmmm

Not a coincidence by any chances...

oh well... when is it going to end? (that's a rhetoric, folks, don't answer).

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here's something interesting for you guys... I actually live on Flamingo Road in Florida.. I live literally 3 minutes away from that Location in Plantation.. Do you think I should stop by there and see what it is all about?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Awaiting2012

It sounds like someone is trying to get an idea company off the ground (that would explain the various names at the single addy), but you never know.

I'd like to know what you find out, just to curb this darn curiosity.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I've contacted this "Ghandi" via email and am waiting for a response.. I called the phone number and I got that learning place... It doesn't make sense to me that someone is actually going to make a business with this domain because they registered it in 2002.. This leads me to believe that someone is holding the domain because of how popular the link must be...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well, one thing is for sure. After 2012 it won't be worth much if the end comes or not. What a waste to have a domain and not use it. At least they could cash in on it now, enjoy the riches, buy toys and have fun. Just in case. Cause when were gone, were gone.

I see it now, 12.20.2012 comes, peoples alarms go off and they get up for work, the day goes by and we are at home with our tele and supper on the tables, we eat, laugh a little and watch the tele, go to a store for Christmas something, drive around enjoying the life and than its Christmas. Nothin happened, just another day. Except the 2012 thing and 2012.com domain goes down in flames. Ya should of sold it before 2012.

Just another yk2 scare, thats all................... Hey, is life all about superstitions!, speculative conjecture, stories of, mystery.

new topics
top topics

join