It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Transparency: A Presidential Platform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Who would vote for a candidate who ran on a platform of Absolute Transperency in Government?

I feel like it is time for Government, as it is understood in today's context, for a restoration of "trust" if that is possible at this point. I also feel that the Constitution of the United States argues for this ideal.

What if a candidate actually ran with the premise that the government was wide open...regarding the economy, wars, lobbyists, etc.? Do you think that, at this point. people would be able to absorb the truth?

What if Congress was given the CIA, and the FBI (being "federal") was kept by the executive branch? This would provide a policing/checks & balances system for government. As I see it, the legislative branch is "held back" by the same information system as the American citizens.
What if the Congress (as the representatives of the people) had an intelligence organization to compete with the information provided by the executive branch?

I really think that it is time for the "middle-class" to stick up for itself. The candidates which are promoted by the media (corporate owned) will never stand up for the middle-class. And where will the "upper class" be, ultimately, if they destroy the middle-class? They will drop a point in the caste system ladder, in my opinion.

So I want your opinions, ALL MEMBERS, can inteligence equality equal a chance for the middle class to release themselves from the issues we face today?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's time for the middle class to stand up for itself in America. And my guess is that many posters on this site are from that demographic area.

I might not even BE middle class at this point, but a PROUD UPPER LOWER CLASS citizen...

What do you say? Absolute transparency would put many of the topics that are discussed on ATS daily to rest.

UFO disclosure; 911 information; the President being visited by homosexual reporters; economic statistics; homeland security; internment camps; etc,...

We need to be aware of what goes on, regardless of what one faction/party; special interest groups; etc., thinks...

Why don't we DEMAND transparency as a NATION?!

[edit on 22-2-2008 by cryingindian]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
WOW. I guess if it doesn't come from Rense or some Blog it isn't worth reponding to, huh?

Does anyone know Mr. Rense, because you might mention this idea to him and the Police State guy if you do. They cancelled his radio program in my area recently and replaced him with the Radio Factor with Bill O'Reilly. Yeah.

What do you think? I don't think you have to have links to refer readers to if it's an opinion driven thread, so come on!

new topics

join