It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU regulators support pre-pandemic vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

EU regulators support pre-pandemic vaccine

www.upi.com

LONDON, Feb. 22 (UPI) -- The European Medicines Agency has recommended the approval of a vaccine designed to help people build immunity against the deadly bird flu virus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Vaccine Companies Investigated for Manslaughter

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have been waiting for this. Just a matter of time before a vaccine is issued. So this should just quell all of the talk about a bird flu pandemic? I guess we can just close the H5N1 forum then. Yeah right. You won't see me rushing to get this vaccine from Glaxo. If the EU approves this, you can bet your bottom dollar that the FDA will jump on board. Interesting how Glaxo got the rights to this. I guess Bayer was to busy allowing 22,000 people to die. I guarantee that there will be no delay in passing this bad boy. It is amazing how they can't keep up with the common flu vaccine as strains continue to quickly change. But they can magically create a bird flu shot. The bird flu will change just as any other virus. So how is it they can call this a "pre-pandemic" vaccine unless they know for sure that there will be a bird flu pandemic. Possibly a planned release of the virus? If there is no indicated timeline for a pandemic, then what sense does it make to develop the vaccine when you do not know when it might mutate to a new strain? I think the EU, soon to be NAU, and pharmas know something that we don't.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join