It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grand Illusion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

I don't claim to know how the ripple effect of time travel would change things.
The question is somewhat like a matrix scenario. If we didn't know there was anything else, would we really notice the difference?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

MIKE! Long time no see!
Thank you my friend for the compliment. You have far more knowledge of space than I could ever hope to have. If I have provoked thought for you than that in itself is a very high compliment. I fully expected not everyone to agree with me, just put things together that they may not have thought to put together before.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I AGREE I SAY STOP BEING BLIND LITTLE SHEEP AND DOWN WITH THE SOCIAL ELITES!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

We wouldn't. If the time travelers warp into another dimension/parallel universe and change something in that timeline, then that means that universe's events would unfold differently from the universe the time travelers come from, but it would not effect the universe from which the time travelers came from.

If this is how it works, then why even travel back in time at all if it isn't going to change events in your own universe? Unless of course you have plans to inhabit the parallel universe, in which case you could mold events to your liking.

What if time travelers can change their own timeline, what if they don't go to parallel universes? That would be pretty weird... If there is a group that is controlling time, Anyone who stepped forth to oppose these time travelers could be eliminated before they start a revolt. What exactly could stop them? What about the future? If they are stopped in the future, would they time travel to undo whatever atrocities that were caused by time traveling to their time? Or would the descendants of the group that caused the atrocities feel remorse over what their ancestors did to the past and set to go back in time to change it?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Well said. I believe the situation could be two-fold, in other words both aliens and humans are responsible for abductions this way people are always confused and never know who is doing what.

One side pins all the blame on the government and the other side all on the aliens. Very few consider other possibilities.

Proof that disinfo works!

[edit on 8-3-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Over 50 starts and 45 flags and it ends up in skunkworks?

What's up with that?

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Over 50 starts and 45 flags and it ends up in skunkworks?

What's up with that?

watchZEITGEISTnow

I ORIGINALLY posted it here but this is where it belongs. Speculative theories.
Skunkworks does not automatically mean negative crap. Must do away with that assumption.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

All I can say is wow, right on the money! Great post!
I wish I had something to add to this, but you pretty much covered the bases!
Probably could have made 10 threads from this one, hehe!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join