It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serb Tanks moving into position on Kosovo border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Serb Tanks moving into position on Kosovo border

www.russiatoday.ru

Kosovo border police have reported Serb tanks are taking positions near the Kosovo-Serb border. On Friday, police in Kosovo's northern city of Mitrovica have been holding off thousands of Serb protesters who were trying to cross the bridge dividing the Serb and ethnic Albanian sides of the city.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This could be a interesting weekend

www.russiatoday.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chicagofreedomfighter

"It's a lovely day, isn't it, Archduke Ferdinand?"

This feels like the prelude to yet another world war. I will be certain of it when I hear that Russians have dispatched troops to Serbia.

Look for Bush/Cheney to use the confusion in the Balkans to cover their invasion of Iran while Syria contemplates doing the same with regard to Israel. Wheels within wheels...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wait, Bush said Kosovo's independence would bring peace to the region. I am confused.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

LOL hahahahahhahahahahah, but ww3 is not funny

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
That is something. If Serbian tank crosses kosovo border and NATO does nothing. Then it is a stab into Kosovo independents back. But if they defend Kosovo. It will probably start WWIII. But that is the chance they will have to take.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Interesting indeed....... lol @ Bush saying this would bring peace lololololol........

But this ww3 was inevitable. No ifs ans of Butts. It was a matter of when.... Now God is like..... I should of taken that Flipin BLUE PILL!

This is nutz, cuz there was such a outlash apon this recent independance.
the embasy was firebombed! I mean no one saw that comming?

and then this...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
And here I was waiting for Israel to find some excuse to hit Iran, and then have the US come in to help. Looks like it might start in another manner.

The powers are aligned and ready to go, this indeed could be the catalyst needed to move in.

It can be annoying that some people still don't see it all coming. I feel WW3 has already been started, and that it will escalate this year. It is an interesting time to be alive, and I need to be grateful for each day left that I have.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by Chicagofreedomfighter

"It's a lovely day, isn't it, Archduke Ferdinand?"

This feels like the prelude to yet another world war. I will be certain of it when I hear that Russians have dispatched troops to Serbia.

Look for Bush/Cheney to use the confusion in the Balkans to cover their invasion of Iran while Syria contemplates doing the same with regard to Israel. Wheels within wheels...

i felt the same way about a prelude to ww3 when i saw this

but as far as bush using this to invade iran i disagree. bottom line is all that matters is that there is war, so that more equipment wil be needed, therefore lining the contractors pockets. i honestly believe the defense contractors have been running th u.s.(notice i didnt say "we") since vietnam. i would feel pretty safe is i was an iranian right now

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicagofreedomfighter
reply to post by pluckynoonez

LOL hahahahahhahahahahah, but ww3 is not funny

And depending who you are, sarcasm is not funny. I don't find sarcasm funny.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This cannot be real...

This is bad. We cannot afford another war right now. If Kosovo explodes into a fury, then we are in deep trouble.

Like someone said, this will be a very interesting weekend. God help us always.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am truly confused. Kosovo is supposed to be roughly 90% Islamic. Serbia primarily Christian-Orthodox. We are supposedly at war against Islamic extremists right now. Why do we as a nation continue to aid these Islamic nations gain freedom. I'm not trying to turn this into a religious debate at all, but please when are we gonna finally but out? These Middle Eastern nations have fought each other for centuries. I say leave em alone, bring our men and women home and take care of our own problems right now. We are on the verge of depression, crime is at an all time high, and our weather patterns have greatly shifted and our country is hurting. We can't afford to continue aiding everyone else.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Why do we as a nation continue to aid these Islamic nations gain freedom. I'm not trying to turn this into a religious debate at all, but please when are we gonna finally but out? These Middle Eastern nations have fought each other for centuries.

Because manufacturing war is popular with these people. Remember, the sound of women and children screaming, crying, and dying has no effect on them.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

we as citizens of this country need to let our elected leader know, anything other then fixing the problems in this country is an act of war! We must take the power back, this isnt what we want, we dont want further war, bring our men and women home. make this country great again, tell the powers that be we have had enough, I am tired of it, and it needs to stop right here and now. No more being afraid of the FBI breaking our doors down for excercising a right our founding fathers put in place. We have the damn right to cast out a tyranical government, if this government doesnt fit the mold of what our founding fathers warned of, then by god I dont know what does. It is time to throw the bastards out, start over new, they dont do our will, it is time for them to go. You dont like it feds you come get me, we are done, we need to take our power back. Americans the time has come to stand up, we cant let this happen anymore, we must restore out power. Turn off your damn TVS and look at what is happening, damnit!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
That is something. If Serbian tank crosses kosovo border and NATO does nothing. Then it is a stab into Kosovo independents back. But if they defend Kosovo. It will probably start WWIII. But that is the chance they will have to take.

If Serbian Tanks cross into Kosovo, Nato Troops will run the other way, just like they are doing in Afganistan.

Can someone explain why the USA should be concerned with Kosovo and the Albanian problem? Perhaps our time would be better spent worrying bout the Palestinians, or bringing peace to darfur!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Right now you should do that. But if the war happen anyway. No matter who fire the first shot. You back off and support country goverment.
No matter what country live.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I would not trust that story as being 100% accurate at this point. The reports of Serbian tanks are unsubstantiated - and the only given source is Kosovo border police. Why aren't European news agencies reporting on this - isn't NATO controling those borders right now and thus they should be aware of what is going on?

So far the Serbian military has not done anything - and most border-crossings are by volunteers. And why would Serbia initiate a military operation without waiting for Russia's support? Serbia does not stand a chance of winning alone, given that it has no airforce and little air-defense to prevent NATO air attacks. So I would say that there is no movement by Serbian tanks, or that it is purely a show of force - I do not see any attacks by Serbian military occuring in the next several days.

And the whole WW3 talk is really unnecessary. Firstable what the hell do Iran, Israel, and Syria have to do with any of this? Are people simply trying to bunch up all their conspiracy theories together and insert Iran/Israel scaremongering into every situation? There is no connection between what is happening in Kosovo, and what is happening between US and Iran - other than they are both parts of the US foreign policy.

If (and that is unlikely at this point) Serbia does attack there could be several situations all of which will be isolated to the Balkans:

1. Serbian military attacks alone without Russia's support. This could either lead to:

- A minor confrontation with NATO troops on the border, and a withdrawal by the Serbs.

- A larger scale confrontation where NATO border patrols will have to withdraw if they get overwhelmed, and NATO will resort to air attacks and then a larger ground operation in Kosovo. This again will no doubt lead to Serbs' withdrawal.

- Similar large confrontation, but Serbs somehow manage to secure Serbian-populated regions of Kosovo, while NATO withdraws and lets the new Kosovo government handle the situation (highly unlikely).

2. Russia decides to help Serbia, and brings in a small amount of spetznaz and armor (logistical problems would prevent them from bringing in more), and possibly a small amount of attack aircraft/helicopters. Russia would cover Serbian advances, but not partake in the action itself - it would only intervene to prevent NATO from counterattacking. This in turn could lead to:

- Most likely NATO packs up and leaves, for fear of starting a conflict with Russia. Alternatively it could just let the Serbs/Russians through. Serbian troops could then secure the Serb-populated regions of Kosovo and stop there. In a more unrealistic case, they would continue to retake all of Kosovo, but that would lead to a guerilla conflict and possible proxy war between US and Russia. Meanwhile Kosovo Albanian army would not be able to do anything beyond small guerilla attacks.

- Highly unlikely, NATO patrols stay and confront the Serbian and Russian troops. Even then NATO would most likely take the loss and retreat. In the most remote situation that NATO would decide to engage the Serbs/Russians on full scale - Russia would most likely have to withdraw and face a loss. Alternative it could retaliate back, and lead to a major conflict. Needless to say this is almost fantasizing, and something like this would have major implications.

3. Serbian army does not intervene, but Serbia starts channeling paramilitaries into Kosovo, where the Serbs would start guerilla operations against the Albanian government, calling for separation of Serbian-regions of Kosovo. These guerilla factions would have to face both NATO and Kosovo Albanian army (aka KLA). This would very likely overwhelm them, in part because the border is protected by NATO and Serbia can offer only limited assistance.

As you can see, only one of the 3 potential outcomes (and all 3 are unlikely given that Serbia has not resorted to any military action yet) would involve Russia - and even that is not likely to lead to any large conflict. The very worst that could happen, is that NATO attacks Russian troops that decide to intervene - but currently there is absolutely nothing to indicate Russian military will get involved. And even that would not lead to a World War, because other than Russia no one will ally with Serbia militarily; and besides NATO no one will ally with the US.

There was never a realistic presumption that Kosovo independence would lead to a WW3. No one needs a military conflict right now - not Russia, not the US, not Europe, not the new Kosovo government, and not the current pro-Western Serbian government. It simply will not lead to that.

Getting back to reality, right now I think there is reason to be concerned with stability of Serbia's government. The radical factions are using these events as an excuse to rouse up the people - that is what lead to the violent protests yesterday. There is a possibility of an attempt by the Serbian radicals to carry out a coup, and replace Tadic. That would likely lead to US cutting off all relations with Serbia, and Serbia making a last-ditch appeal to Russia for military assistance, before attempting to retake parts of Kosovo with full force.

This is the only realistic prediction that could potentially lead to a real war - and even then an isolated war.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by maloy]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Maloy you are totally wrong because your scenarios do not lead to WW3 and the evil Bush taking control as a dictator...

Nice post BTW...very down to earth.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ah yes I am sorry. Of course there is option 4:

4. Serbs smuggle a Russian suitcase nuke which they buy from Bin Laden into Kosovo and blow it up; then US blames the attack on Iran and bombs Iran; Iran uses the opportunity to bomb Israel, meanwhile Israel is already on top of the opportunity to nuke Syria and invade Lebanon; Al-Quida doesn't waste time and take over Pakistan's nukes and launches them at US; US ofcourse intercepts the nukes with their secret laser beams from satellite missile defense system; then the US launches a global mobilization to attack Iran and the axis of evil; and Russia and China decide to team up and invade Europe. And the result of course is that the NWO divides the world, meanwhile the Jews oversee the whole shabang from their Zionist mothership in the North Pole.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by maloy]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by realmatrix
Can someone explain why the USA should be concerned with Kosovo and the Albanian problem?

I wonder if Kosovo declared independence without prior knowledge that Bush would announce U.S. support for this, well suicidal move. In other words, did Kosovo do this because they knew Bush had their back? So lets see, could a SHTF situation in Kosovo serve as a perceived "distraction" enough to prompt Iran and Syria to take action against Israel? Would this not serve as "justification" for immediate "retaliation" by Israel and her ally?

Todo: Torch Iran... check.
Hey, got Syria too... extra credit Georgie.

Russia has made it clear, US military involvement in Kosovo will be met by severe consequences. Combine this with the "us vs. them" mentality ingeniously engineered by the blatantly directional media coverage of the destruction of the spy satellite, and you might just end up with "justification" for the world war (or pension plan, depending on your perspective).

Next on the agenda? NSPD-51 (here, and here) anyone?

[edit on 2/22/2008 by Unit541]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join