It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi all....New to ATS, and looking forward to it!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi to all of you out there in the ATS community. I have just signed up and am looking forward to learning, debating, and debunking alongside all of you.

I have looked over several threads so far and found a ton of very intersting stuff. I also found some things that were disturbing, disagreeable, and even some downright redicolous. BUT HEY, thats what this is all about, to each their own opinion.

Now I will say this...I have heard about this site providing a great place to discuss topics, but I have also heard a negative theme as well. Word is if you express your opinion in a manner that is to stern you get booted. I also heard that members will egg you on, take cheap shots at you and even become aggressive, but when you retaliate with the same demeanor they warn you, report you to the mods or admin, and then wine that your being to rough or "mean". If that is the case, thats sad, and I hope that is not the case of the ATS community.

So let me close with this. I think it will be neat to be able to read and debate on so many interesting topics. I respect the opinions of all others (agree or disagree) and DEMAND the same in return. If you wanna open up flood gates and be stupid or say stupid stuff, you better be MAN enough, or ADULT enough to take what you can give. I'm 32, not 12..so I don't run to mods or admin to tell on people..lol..
I truly hope it never comes to that...lets all just do what we came here to do...LEARN, LAUGH, WONDER, THINK, and above all else....NOT KEEP SECRETS!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Right back atcha from the ATL!

"Word is if you express your opinion in a manner that is to stern you get booted."

Not so. But you do have to follow the basic rules of engagement. I'm sure a MOD will come along shortly and post a link. Don't forget to launch your profile page.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The best introduction ever!!!

You wont get booted for being too stern at all. Only for acting childish and ignoring the ATS guidelines

Anyway welcome, and have fun

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Welcome! You already made a good spash and probably got yourself wet up to your knees. LOL

HAVE FUN!!

Oh and watch out for that "Oz" guy^^^^...

Oh and the topics that I see get most heated are cop, 9/11 and military related. Put on you flack jacket - I see *you* will need one

[edit on 22-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thanks guys....and yes GEL if those are the "heated" topics, I have a feeling it could get interesting...considering I am ex-military, and a current law enforcement officer..lol.

It's all good...atleast I can give a true perspective and not jump to conclusions because of a news article or media clip on TV that NEVER tells or shows the whole truth!!!! Of course if it ever does, I'm not afraid to come down hard on my own people either. God knows in my line of work, JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU ALL, we have bad apples too.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Welcome, rcwj75!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™.

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

top topics

join