It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Misquote Regarding The Billy Meier Hoax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This just in...

In the recent DVD "The Silent Revolution Of Truth" Michael Horn makes the following statement:
"Six professors of forestry looked at Meier's photos and looked at the trees and each one determined that the trees are full size mature trees and not models."

The names of the forestry professors are then displayed on-screen for the viewer:

Here is Professor Everett M. Hansen’s response:

Date: February 25, 2008 11:51:41 AM PST
To: Derek Bartholomaus
Subject: Re: Fwd: Forestry Quotation Question

I have not "authenticated real trees", or made any other definitive statements about these photos. My observations are being misrepresented, and my name and affiliation are being used without my permission.
Everett Hansen

I then replied to Prof. Hansen with the following:

Date: February 25, 2008 11:56:16 AM PST
To: Everett Hansen
Subject: Re: Forestry Quotation Question

Hello.

Thank you for letting me know. The person using your name regarding these photos is Michael Horn and he can be reached at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Derek Bartholomaus

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Continue asking, and they'll keep falling.

Unfortunately Derek, this is what I've told people here to do time after time, should they wish to disbelieve what I've written about this case - make the effort to find out personally. I've always said that if someone made the effort they'd come to the same conclusions as I do.

As far as I know, no one has. The UFO community it seems is less and less capable of policing itself, and more and more willing to accept blind belief over very little effort to verify anything themselves.

btw Derek-high five.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I wonder if he just went to the forestry website and copied the names?

So far NONE of these guys has had a clue he was abusing, er, using their good names without permission?!

AMAZING...

Springer...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Lol! I just find it absolutely wonderful that a Hoaxer of any sort is going to finally pay and pay big he he he! Even if just one of these fine gentlemen persue him, he is done lmfao!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Here comes another one...

In the recent DVD "The Silent Revolution Of Truth" Michael Horn makes the following statement:
"Six professors of forestry looked at Meier's photos and looked at the trees and each one determined that the trees are full size mature trees and not models."

The names of the forestry professors are then displayed on-screen for the viewer:

Here is Professor Edward C. Jensen’s response:

Date: February 25, 2008 2:25:11 PM PST
To: "deardorf", "dgunblatt", "derek", "aspie"
Cc: "Jensen, Edward C.", "Fletcher, Charles"
Subject: Comment on UFO

Gentlemen:
An estimate of tree height (actually only the top portion of a single particular tree) that I made several years ago in good faith has been taken out of context and misused to purport things that I did not intend. Further, my observations have been misappropriated and misapplied to photographs that I have never seen and situations that I have never reviewed. I want to assure you that I have never purported to authenticate any photos of alleged UFOs for Mr. Deardorff, Mr. Meier, Mr. Horn, or anyone else. Nor have I ever purported to determine the authenticity of any trees in any photos of alleged UFOs for anyone. Mr. Deardorff contacted me some years ago and asked if I could provide information about a tree in a photo that included an alleged UFO. The photo was of poor quality, but I assumed that the tree in the photo was real and gave an estimate of the height of the portion of the tree above the alleged UFO based on that assumption. I did not opine that the tree in the photo was truly real rather than a model, that the alleged UFO was real, or that the photograph was real and unaltered. I certainly have never offered any support to Mr. Deardorff or Mr. Meier for their claims that there are real UFOs or real trees in any photograph. I hope this will end the matter and that neither my name nor that of Oregon State University will be used inaccurately again in connection with these photographs. To this end, I have copied the General Counsel of Oregon State University, and I will direct any further communication about this matter to them. Thank you for your cooperation.

Dr. Edward C. Jensen
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331

I then replied to Prof. Jensen with the following:

Date: February 25, 2008 3:02:13 PM PST
To: "Jensen, Edward C."
Subject: Re: Comment on UFO

Thank you for providing this information.

If you want to send this directly to Michael Horn he can be reached at [email protected]

Sincerely,
Derek Bartholomaus

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Derek,

Outstanding investigative work, man, and it's no surprise, is it?

Springer, the guy did the same thing with someone's bio on IMDB, trying to claim it was a friend of his, turned out to be completely bogus. But that's his MO.

The sad thing is that all of these revelations will do NOTHING for the few who believe in this nonsense, they'll go on sending in their few paltry dollars for tapes, videos and other assorted Meier sundries.

But don't let that stop you, Derek. You're doing a important thing, and there are some of us who truly appreciate it.

dB

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The general counsel of Oregon State University should have a field day with this.

I spoke with a "legal eagle" about this and he said this could get real ugly real fast for MH and company. Especially since they are selling the DVDs.

Derek keep up the excellent work.
There's nothing like the truth is there?

Springer...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The general counsel of Oregon State University should have a field day with this.

I spoke with a "legal eagle" about this and he said this could get real ugly real fast for MH and company. Especially since they are selling the DVDs.

Derek keep up the excellent work.
There's nothing like the truth is there?

Springer...

No doubt some many love to get a lawyer involved...and no doubt the Meier case has been beaten to death to all the real truth seekers. Give'um a good kick in the ribs.
Now lets let loose the lawyers on the silly hoxes in this site too....but that might be bad for their business...so whos really dirty, and making a living off this site every day??

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I agree. This case has already been beaten to death. It almost seems like the Meier detractors are keeping it alive by continuing to give it attention when there alot more other places to focus the UFO issue on. Just my two cents, but its a free country so have at it. I always get hungry when they start talking about the wedding cake ship.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Here is a summary of the discussion I have had with the Oregon State University Associate General Counsel:

Michael Horn is the primary spokesperson for the Billy Meier Case and one of the claims that he routinely makes is regarding the veracity of the tree that appears in multiple locations in Switzerland.

Two of these professors of forestry are from Oregon State University. They are Prof. Everett M. Hansen and Dr. Edward C. Jensen. Charles E. Fletcher is the Associate General Counsel of Oregon State University. I emailed Mr. Fletcher the following information about Michael Horn’s misquoting of Dr. Jensen:

Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 9:13 PM
To: Jensen, Edward C.; Fletcher, Charles
Subject: Re: Comment on UFO

Hello Dr. Jensen and Mr. Fletcher.

I do not wish to put you in any sort of "he said/he said" type of situation, but I think you should be fully aware of what Mr. Horn has stated publicly regarding what he claims that Dr. Jensen and other forestry experts have stated regarding the veracity of the tree(s) that appear in the UFO photographs of Eduard Albert "Billy" Meier.

As I stated in my first email to Dr. Jensen there is a new DVD produced by Michael Horn where Mr. Horn states on camera, "Six professors of forestry looked at Meier's photos and looked at the trees and each one determined that the trees are full size mature trees and not models." He then posted the names of the six professors onscreen and Dr. Jensen is one of those names listed.

Dr. Jensen is also mentioned by name on the following websites owned by Michael Horn and James Deardorff:
www.theyfly.com...
www.tjresearch.info...
www.tjresearch.info...

Dr. Jensen is also named in the following press release by Michael Horn and James Deardorff:
www.prweb.com...

Michael Horn has also mentioned Dr. Jensen by name on numerous message board postings. This is just a small sampling:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

On many other occasions Michael Horn has posted references to the "six professors of forestry" without identifying them specifically by name, but the names are easy to determine based on the number of prior postings of the people's names.

If there is anything I can do to be of further assistance in this matter please let me know.

Sincerely,

Derek Bartholomaus
Independent Investigations Group
www.iigwest.org

Mr. Fletcher then replied with the following:

Date: February 26, 2008
To: "Derek Bartholomaus"
Cc: "Jensen, Edward C."
Subject: RE: Comment on UFO

Thank you, Mr. Bartholomaus, for that helpful information. Your efforts in correcting others' mistakes is laudable. But as to making use of your information directly, I think OSU would prefer to distance itself from this entirely.

Charles

-------------------------------
Charles E. Fletcher
Associate General Counsel
Oregon State University

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by derekcbart
Thank you, Mr. Bartholomaus, for that helpful information. Your efforts in correcting others' mistakes is laudable. But as to making use of your information directly, I think OSU would prefer to distance itself from this entirely.

Charles

Charles E. Fletcher
Oregon State University

Well thats a hell of a note. How are they going to "distance" themselves when Horn is trumpeting this all over the damn place.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Well, he is "trumpeting" it to a relatively small section of the population. The counsel may realize that the exposure is rather small and any costs generated with legal actions aren't worth the expenditure.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Well, he is "trumpeting" it to a relatively small section of the population.

Yeah well at least there's that.
Most likely you're exactly right, he's too insignificant to bother with.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hello All, this is my first post here but it is one which BELONGS.

I first must Thank Mr. Bartholmas for his work. I have done a bit of my own work on this issue. I am Teri Sheephogan on the department47 message board. (Sheephogan/Uhouse) are the SAME. Anyway, with the 'urging' of Michael Horn himself that I do RESEARCH before opening my big mouth I have done just that. I found information from what Mr. Bartholomas had already posted here and I RAN with it. Here is a cross post from the department47 message board of an e-mail that I just received this morning from Oregon State University:

With the continued suggestion by Michael Horn himself that I do INVESTIGATION before speaking..... I have taken the liberty to do so. Here is an E-Mail that I have just received this morning from Charles Fletcher from Oregon State University. Below that is the E-Mail that I SENT TO THEM:

rom Fletcher, Charles
to [email protected],
cc "Jensen, Edward C." ,
date Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 8:35 AM
subject UFOs, Trees, Authentication, Horn, Meier
mailed-by oregonstate.edu

8:35 AM (3 minutes ago)

Ms. Hayes:

Dr. Edward Jensen forwarded your query below to me for response. As Dr.
Jensen made clear to Mr. Horn in the email you quote, he did not
authenticate any trees in any photos referred to. And there is no basis
for the statement that "Forestry Experts" at Oregon State University
"authenticated real trees in Meier's UFO photos."

If you have a chance to look at "The Silent Revolution of Truth," you
will see how ridiculous all this is. This matter does not deserve
comment, but now you have ours.

Charles E. Fletcher
Oregon State University
638 Kerr Administration Bldg.
Corvallis, OR 97331-2128
(541) 737-6262
(541) 737-0712 (fax)
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon 3/24/2008 8:16 PM
To: AGSCI
Subject: Doing research...

My name is Teri Hayes and I really have no idea if this is the
appropriate
area to address a few questions and comments regarding a matter that I
am
researching.

If you deem this matter as one which does not deserve comment or if I
have,
indeed, contacted this location in error, I will understand a 'lack of
response' or even a 'negative one'.

This is a matter of verifying if certain professors have authenticated
'trees' in a series of photographs. There is a video which has been
titled,
"The Silent Revolution of Truth" and which has been produced and written
by
a gentleman by the name of Michael Horn. The video is a documentary
about a
Swiss man by the name of Billy Meier who claims to have been visited by
UFO's since the early 50's. There are many photographs involved in the
case
and Michael Horn ascertains that several 'Forestry Experts', to include
Dr.
Edward C. Jensen of Oregon State University, have authenticated the fact
that there are 'real' trees, as apposed to 'model' trees, in Meier's UFO
photos. This entire case if VERY CONTROVERSIAL as would be expected.

There appears to be a still 'frame' from the movie posted online at:
that indicates the following:

Forestry Experts who authenticated real trees in Meier's UFO photos:

Prof. J.D. Brodie
Prof. D. Hanley
Prof. E.M. Hansen
Prof. K. Hermann
Prof. Holdenreider
Prof. Edward C. Jensen

I have not yet viewed the movie myself but this still 'frame' does
appear on
the World Wide Web for many to see. As I have stated above, I am doing
research into the facts of this matter and the remarks of Michael Horn
have
come under some scrutiny from a group of people on a message board who
really wish to know the true facts. Mr. Horn is quite defensive in this
matter and is very insistent that these gentlemen are well aware of
their
names being used in this manner and that they have, indeed,
'authenticated'
the trees in the Billy Meier photos.

CONTINUED..

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
continued from previous post:

Below is an e-mail received by Mr. Horn which he is using in his
defense.
As I read the mail it is much to the contrary to what is suggested by
Mr.
Horn.

Gentlemen:
An estimate of tree height (actually only the top portion of a single
particular tree) that I made several years ago in good faith has been
taken out of context and misused to purport things that I did not
intend. Further, my observations have been misappropriated and
misapplied to photographs that I have never seen and situations that I
have never reviewed. I want to assure you that I have never purported
to authenticate any photos of alleged UFOs for Mr. Deardorff, Mr. Meier,
Mr. Horn, or anyone else. Nor have I ever purported to determine the
authenticity of any trees in any photos of alleged UFOs for anyone. Mr.
Deardorff contacted me some years ago and asked if I could provide
information about a tree in a photo that included an alleged UFO. The
photo was of poor quality, but I assumed that the tree in the photo was
real and gave an estimate of the height of the portion of the tree above
the alleged UFO based on that assumption. I did not opine that the tree
in the photo was truly real rather than a model, that the alleged UFO
was real, or that the photograph was real and unaltered. I certainly
have never offered any support to Mr. Deardorff or Mr. Meier for their
claims that there are real UFOs or real trees in any photograph. I hope
this will end the matter and that neither my name nor that of Oregon
State University will be used inaccurately again in connection with
these photographs. To this end, I have copied the General Counsel of
Oregon State University, and I will direct any further communication
about this matter to them. Thank you for your cooperation.

Dr. Edward C. Jensen
Oregon State University

It is quite obvious by the above email that Dr. Jensen did NOT
authenticate
anything, despite the fact that E.C. Jensen's name appears on the above
website (www.abovetopsecret.com...) and
apparently
in the movie. What about the other professors who are listed above? Did
they
authentic trees in photos belonging to Billy Meier?

Any correspondence from anyone there as regards this issue would be
appreciated. Rest assured I will not venture to send any other e-mail
to
you without a suggestion from the recipient that more is desired.

Thank you for any correspondence you may send.

With greatest Sincerity,

Teri Hayes

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So, need we say more? The only ISSUE now is that Oregon State University seems to feel as if this is only small potatoes and they will, more than likely, allow it to stay as it is and NOT do anything about it. Perhaps they don't wish to spend any $$$$$ on a CEASE AND DESIST order to have their mis-quoted names removed from the video.

I am SURE that Mr. Horn will SPIN this in his favor by saying, "So why don't they pursue legal action then?" when it is OBVIOUS that LIES have been told... ***sigh*** on MORE THAN ONE occasion!!

edit: I see now that this has already been mentioned... OK.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Teri Uhouse]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Teri Uhouse

Whether Mr. Horn is negligent or not, its fairly obvious to me that you are out to get him. I mean, how many times are you going to revive this thread? There are literally hundreds more UFO cases that need attention. You are writing letters to Universities just to prove a quote as false? Why waste your energy? If you believe the case is hoax, then just write it off and move on to cases that you feel are more relevant.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
actually, whoever you are, this was MY quintessential wake up call on this case as I was still on the 'FENCE' about it up until a few weeks ago and it is Mr. Horns words which have made up my mind... I am NOT out to get anybody. But the point has been made. This research (with the e-mail) took me no time what so ever so it's no big deal. Otherwise, you are indeed 100% correct and that is/was and always has been my intent, to post this just as a verification to the OTHER research which has been done here and than move on. Well, and actually to do a bit of research as was requested of me after allusions as to my ignorance and lack of better judgment... so I did. That's it. Have a nice day.

PEACE

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest
You are writing letters to Universities just to prove a quote as false? Why waste your energy?

So are we to understand you wouldn't follow up on a case if claims such as that are made yourself?

It's part of the reason we have to keep going back to revisit the trash of the past..it's never put to bed, unless people like teri and Derek do it. Due to the short memory of Ufology, it has to be said again and again, until it becomes something everyone knows.

I've done my part in it, and I don't regret it. I've personally had enough and moved on, but I'm glad others stand up and say whats has to get said.

Keep it up Teri.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Fair enough. However there seems to be an unusual amount of nastiness attached to the debunking of Horn. If the debunkers would just stick to the facts and keep the emotions out of it, it wouldn't look like such a personal agenda. Its a bit of a credibility issue. Just my humble opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join