It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tao of Christ obscured by a Golden Calf.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The "Get down on your knees, get baptised and accept "Jesus" into your heart" is a false Idol.

Jesus Christ in that context is a false Idol of Christstainty.

It's the Tao (Way) of the Christ that is the way to connect with God. It's not about JESUS.

It's about YOU.

If YOU would only reconize YOU are a child to the living God then YOU would improve upon YOUr self in such a way to make YOU worthy of that and YOU would realize that everyone is YOUr brother/sister and YOU would be living the Gold Rule.

People that use Jesus as the Golden Claf are not following the Golden Rule.

That's the Tao of the Christ.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To some extent, you are correct. A Christian who professes to be a Christian, yet, does not try and be Christlike is not a Christian at all. Anyone can pay lip service. However, it takes truthfulness to act on your convictions. Being a Christian has nothing to do with going to church once a week or not cursing... It is about how one lives their life...

[edit on 22-2-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Like I stated in another thread where you make this statement, your bridge is without a pathway, there is no connection bewteen God and man, without Jesus Christ. You have just removed the center of the bridge and sent everyone for a free fall into the valley below.

Shame on you, Michael.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You got alot of you's in there mister....

Honestly, it's nice that you think you've figured out the great mystery of the universe. But do your really have to put yourself on display.

Why do people insist on proselytizing to the world something which they have just figured out 10 minutes ago?

And when that doesn't work, why do they actually expect people to believe that they are in fact not who they appear to be, but rather a celestial entity?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
That's the Tao of the Christ.

Based on what? Where does this come from? How have you become privy to this information of what Christ's way really was?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think anyone can become privy to their personal understanding of god....

An to post about it only confirms they believe strongly about such. Who is anyone to questions anyones beliefs.... We are all students and should remember that.

OPINON INSERTED. BASHING OPINON is LIKE BASHING WATER..... Its still gonna be there but yer hand is gonna hurt.

And about Jesus being the middle man of man and god. I believe God is all of us. I think thats about the closest we can come to god, at least my comprehension of it.
I see what hes saying, he simply stating that you dont need anything other then YOU to be close to god and do gods work.

Religion is merely the textbook of how to be Close to god and Live your life with god. Im merely a Man, But with that understand that we are all god, I can easily respect everyone, and treat them as such, Its more of a Spiritual journey then a Debate.

We all got to our Beliefs and understanding thru different paths but ultimatly come to the same junction. How is each person that much different then.

When I say we are all God, Im not saying we are all Powerful Beings, ( though we can be ) im saying we are all a part of god, all of us together make up a great deal of god, This is my opinon of course but who are any of you to tell me different, to tell anyone else different.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Trance Optic]

new topics

top topics

join