It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready to Hide Your Guns.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
My firearms are my 'last line of defence', and also that of my family and loved ones.

I do not, and will not, plus total trust in Law Enforcement, Military OR my Govt with something as precious as their safety.

And if those very bodies wish to come and remove that 'safety' from my hands, they best come hard and heavy...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Guns are a lame, cowardly weapon.

Tell me how you'd protect your family from someone who is a better shot than you?
How would you protect your family from someone who gets to your guns before you do?
Guns ensure nothing but death, they should never have been created.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
well danny u are assuming that police and lawenforcement are better shots than all civilians...i can tell from experience in both areas that they are not. the qusetions is what will you are anybody do, well it comes right down to the line???? will the other check be turned, which just means that that check will get punched or will u defend yourself, family and freinds??? bringing a knife to a gunfight doesn't always work.......

they can have my guns when I pry thier cold dead fingers from around thier pens...........

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Criminals just have to invent different ways to perform the holdup (syringes, knives etc)

No they just steal guns.

That is why the gun control arguement is so stupid if they outlawed guns tommorow how many criminals do you think would say "damn I would really like to rob that bank kill everyone in it and rape there dead bodies but its illegal for me to use one of the 30 guns I stole yesterday so I guess I wont do it"

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
We have to face the fact that the gun laws in America were made at a time when most people did need to have guns and defend themselves, the #ing wild west and all that. It's 2004 now, there is no need for everyone to be armed. It causes so many deaths and tragic massacres and then Maryln Manson gets balmed instead of the stupid gun laws which caused the whole thing in the first place. Ban all guns.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It causes so many deaths and tragic massacres and then Maryln Manson gets balmed instead of the stupid gun laws which caused the whole thing in the first place. Ban all guns.

Gun Laws kill people? I must have missed something I thought it was aginst the law for criminals to own guns already. I also thought it was aginst the law to shoot people and rob banks.

So please explain how taking away an honest law abiding citizen gun is gonna stop criminals from doing either?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Here's the problem: Think WACO, Ruby Ridge. Remember those terrible episodes and how they went down?

Firearms are great if you're in the wild being a survivalist. They're a must for protection and food-gathering.

Sidearms are great for protecting oneself, family and property in the event of civil unrest, after catastrophic weather and if you are stuck walking down a dark highway after midnight. Protection is crucial in instances like that.

But if martial law is initiated and the government demanded that all registered firearms be turned in, you can bet that if you don't comply, your a$$'ll be toast. Ruby Ridge and Waco showed us that you cannot fight this massively-armed government. It's simply impossible to fight them.

The only hope would be in some kind of underground resistance. I don't have a lot of faith in that, though. After being in the military and seeing with my own eyes the stocks and stores of weaponry and everything related buried safely in the hills, I shudder to think what kind of slaughters could take place with those who chose to fight the authorities.

The thing that really pisses me off is that the only people who would be hurt by a confiscation are those who are law-abiding. Criminals and deviants will always have weapons. They are not playing by anyone's rules. So in that sense, all this gun control is utterly naive.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The thing that really pisses me off is that the only people who would be hurt by a confiscation are those who are law-abiding. Criminals and deviants will always have weapons. They are not playing by anyone's rules. So in that sense, all this gun control is utterly naive.

BINGO

Give the man a prize, its so simple I just cannot understand what the fuss is over. Its like saying that there is a man coming over to kill me and rape my wife so the only way to be safe is to get rid of my gun.

It also amazes me that people will say "you wont be able to get to your gun" and turn around a few minutes later and say "just call the police".

Your not gonna have time to reach in the drawer and pull out a gun but you will have time to make a phone call, be put on hold, hope your not hung up on, wait a little longer, finally talk to someone and then hope they get there before your bodies are cold?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

So please explain how taking away an honest law abiding citizen gun is gonna stop criminals from doing either?

Errrr well if guns were not sold in shops in every town then maybe the kids who blew away their classmates wouldn't have been able to get them...understand?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The only people that wants guns banned are COWARDS..plain and simple..You little girls need to grow a sac with some balls in it you scared little cowards..

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Errrr well if guns were not sold in shops in every town then maybe the kids who blew away their classmates wouldn't have been able to get them...understand?

Its allready aginst the law to sell guns to kids did that stop them? And I repeat how will taking away my gun stop a criminal?

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The only people that wants guns banned are COWARDS..plain and simple..You little girls need to grow a sac with some balls in it you scared little cowards..

Hell just froze over

Me and Mcgotti just agreed on something

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Originally posted by Amuk

If you think about it, those incidents - tragic as they are - they are not nearly as common place as the media and anti-gun lobbies make them out to be. The media way overplays these occurences to enhance the public's fear of gun ownership. Freak the people out, then they will willingly disarm. I assure you, tho, the criminals will NEVER disarm. They understand tyrranical philosophy. Because they themselves seek to do harm.

It's very important to also note, in the states and counties where concealed weapons are legal, the crime rate is generally lower than their more liberal counterparts. Criminals will think twice about a target if they believe that target to be armed.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
These are valid points ECK and I know they are true, but you cannot justify having guns on the streets after all the tragic high school shootings and all the tragic accidents where kids find their parents guns ect. Having legal guns simply makes the whole country alot less safe in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
after all the tragic high school shootings and all the tragic accidents where kids find their parents guns ect.

hmmm that sounds like the parents should have had thier weapons a little more secure to me.Theres guns on the streets and in my neibors houses and im not afraid..why are you such a little coward about this???Life is not a utopia you know...this isnt super magical happy land with little fairies and unicorns...We have crime death and BEARS around here...Guns are neccesary! The fringin bears man!!! you ever lived up north???? you ever seen a grizzly in your yard??? a hungry grizzly??? im sure a hell of alot safer with my 45/70 when bears are around.

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The problem is criminals like for people to feel that way. Forces within the government desperately want the people to feel that way. You have to look at the larger picture.

Most gun owners are fine, upstanding citizens who are very responsible with their firearms. Not to mention very knowledgeable about them. And most gun owners let their children know in no uncertain terms, they will not go near the gun independent of the parent. Some bad shyte does happen, I will grant you that, but not nearly as much as the media makes people think.

If you ever got into a situation where the difference between life and death boiled down to your having a gun, you would be SO glad you had one. For example, let's say you're a girl and your car broke down on a deserted highway and you had to wait for a tow-truck. Some bad hombres show up and you are outnumbered. They're definitely gonna rob and rape you and there's nothing you can do. You have a pistol in your purse that your concerned father gave you. You tell the creeps your getting a cigerette, but instead open up. You have just saved yourself a lot of trauma. Sure a shooting is traumatic, but not nearly as much so as being gang raped.

Just some further thoughts...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Anyone remember that crazy hollywood bank robbery where two guys with fully automatic ak-47s and full body armor walked around completly un-affected by the police because the police where not armed well enough???

2 points about this...

The weapons used by the bank robbers WERE ALREADY BANNNED AND ILLEGAL...hmmm didnt sure stop them did it??

when the police finally got strong enough weapons to kill the robbers..they got the guns from a civilian gun shop!Sure glad we have a couple weapons left that arent banned..just imagine if all guns were banned..those cops would have followed the path of dead bodies all the way through hollywood

ya we sure are safer that fully-auto assult rifles are banned...so now even the cops are out-gunned by these rediculous gun laws designed for white suburban children...scared little fairies

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
afraid..why are you such a little coward about this???.

Coward? COWARD? I'm not the one who has to hide behind evil, life taking weapons you ingorant #. I understand there is need for guns, but not in small towns, not in gang ridden neigbourhoods and not in the hands of depressed teenage kids and children. GUN LAWS ALLOW THSES THINGS TO HAPPEN. The only cowards are people who need guns to feel safe. I don't.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

afraid..why are you such a little coward about this???.

Coward? COWARD? I'm not the one who has to hide behind evil, life taking weapons you ingorant #. I understand there is need for guns, but not in small towns, not in gang ridden neigbourhoods and not in the hands of depressed teenage kids and children. GUN LAWS ALLOW THSES THINGS TO HAPPEN. The only cowards are people who need guns to feel safe. I don't.

Small towns dont need guns huh?? Well where I lived in New Hampshire[pop. 1250] I can almost garuntee that everyone in the town owned a gun.What about the bears??This is a real issue up there sir...bears are rampant and will not hesitate to bust down you door or smash up your car..What are you gonna do with out your gun??? throw a brick at him???You say BAN ALL GUNS....your a moron!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Small towns dont need guns huh?? Well where I lived in New Hampshire[pop. 1250] I can almost garuntee that everyone in the town owned a gun.What about the bears??This is a real issue up there sir...bears are rampant and will not hesitate to bust down you door or smash up your car..What are you gonna do with out your gun??? throw a brick at him???You say BAN ALL GUNS....your a moron!!!!

I said that I understood that in places guns may be a neccesity, so why not regulate gun laws in that way?

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by earthtone]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join