It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Smith: 'Hitler was a good person'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Will Smith: 'Hitler was a good person'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The Hollywood actor Will Smith has received a public apology and damages in the High Court in London over allegations he thought Adolf Hitler was "a good person".

Will Smith was 'deeply distressed' by the article's allegations
Smith, one of the film industry's highest paid stars, was "deeply distressed" after World Entertainment News Network (WENN) published an article last year under the headline "Smith: Hitler was a good person", the High Court heard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Looks like the Scientology cult have got to Will Smith....

No doubt, just like Mel Gibson, he will be made to defend himself and FORCED to apologise. For nothing.

I do agree with Will Smith about one thing. That there is goodness in everyone.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Attari

whats with everyone responding to their own posts?

thats what irks me the most

back on topic, yes i think everyone has some good in him

hitler couldnt of been that bad to the core if he had a whole country behind him

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
At the end of the day we only have there word for it that he was so bad. Why was hitler liked in america before the war, and i am sure he could of spoke to many rallies in america if he went over there to speak.

This is the problem with the history books, we just accept what others blame on people. Knowing from living in this world, people talking rubbish about people, does not make it true, even though the majority think it.

Whether he was bad or good, i doubt he was in any way worse than bush or blair of today, so what will history say about them.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

When you submit a news article, you're asked to add your own thoughts, once you type in your thoughts, the system automaticaly breaks it down into two posts.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hitler had a purpose and he served it, no more need be said... Too bad that humanity never seems to learn the lessons that people like Hitler have to teach... We will one day be forced to learn. Soon there will be no more excuses.

God Bless.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

A Breaking News Thread always has two initial posts, one for the source material and one for the author's comments.

Just hit the submit news button up top and you can see how the news threads are created.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

whats with everyone responding to their own posts?

This is because when you put news on ATS it breaks in into 2 posts for some reason..

The actual news post and then your own post.

so its not that we want to do that it just happens that way..

link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

When you submit a news article, you're asked to add your own thoughts, once you type in your thoughts, the system automaticaly breaks it down into two posts.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by elevatedone]

i guess its that reason my ife thinks im a jerk too

i dont listen or follow rules

link   
We get in trouble for saying Hitler was a good person.
We get in trouble for saying Bush is a bad person.

Oh the irony.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
this is old news, and it's taken WAY out of context. what he had actually said was something to the effect of "Hitler didn't wake up every day and decide to do evil things. He really thought he was doing the right thing." He was trying to point out that good or bad changes with perspective. Will was furious that the comment was twisted and I really don't blame him.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
"hitler couldnt of been that bad to the core if he had a whole country behind him "

Well he did have the whole Brown shirts paramilitary behind him, and any one that opposed had their teeth knocked out if they were lucky. When the Brown shirts started muscling in on Hitler he had them disbanded by the Ever popular SS.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
yeah, that's not what he said:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
*Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

The original headline is: "Will Smith wins damages over 'Hitler was good' slur "

Due to your blatantly sensationalising use of a biased headline this thread is being moved out of the breaking news forum (as per the rules).

BTS: “Other Global News” seems like a good fit.

[edit on 2/22/2008 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Everyone talks about how "evil" Hitler and Germany were. However, it seems to me that people ignore how EVIL Russia and Mr. Stalin was... Stalin is responsible for 20-80 million deaths. Hitler's 6 million kind of pales in comparison. By the way, most likely, the 6 million number is an exaggeration... Did the holocaust happen? Yes, the question I have is... to what degree.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Will Smith received an apology for his comments being twisted and taken out of context. He was trying to make a point and they apologized for tinkering with his line of thinking.

the title is misleading and it seems nobody, other than gools, has even read the article.

new topics

top topics

join