It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has too many guidelines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Earlier today I posted a thread with a link to a video about the CFR. In my thread

a mod posted something about how I need to post threads with more than one sentence,

preferably one to two paragraphs. I understand that is standard procedure for them to

tell me to post a longer thread, and I get the reason why they want a thread with more

substance. I just didn't feel like writing anything about it. Its like everything on here has

too many guidelines. If I wanted to write more than I did, I would have. ATS is nothing

with out its members. We visit the websites that you advertise and some of us buy

products from those advertisers. The members make ATS what it is. It is our

contributions that keep this site interesting. I'm sure I'm gonna take a lot of crap for

saying this, but that's okay. Either way I like ATS and I love reading the interesting

threads on here. Now after I post this I probaly read a little note saying that I posted

it in the wrong place. Anyways if I end up getting banned for saying this that's okay,

it is worth it.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
OK you signed off and won't take the bait.

I posted the image above to make a point. We ask that members start threads with their opinion, take or spin as it relates to the media they are posting. This gives the readers something to discuss. The photo I posted above means nothing until I tell you that some think the image captured a ufo. In a proper post I would go on to say why I think it is or isn't ...but me just posting an image or video usually isn't enough to get a proper discussion going.

We encourage meaningful discussion and want you to succeed with the threads you author. This is the reasoning behind the posting guidelines.

Hope this helps in your understanding.

[edit on 2/22/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greydawn
I just didn't feel like writing anything about it.

Good enough for me. Let's revise the guidelines.

The guidelines have a reason. The one you're referring to is so that thread starters stimulate discussion, which in turn benefits everybody. Maybe sometimes I don't feel like like wiping my butt, but I still do.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Fair enough, and you're right at this point no one has commented about the video.

I think another reason why I didn't say much in that thread was because I wanted

to see what people's first reactions would be to the video, and not let my opinion

possibly influence that of other viewers of the video. I haven't had a good night sleep

in a week now so I'm sonna get some shut eye. I''ve been on ATS obsessively for hours

and hours this past week. By the way do you know where that picture was taken?

Good Night or Good Morning or Afternoon, I'm going into a coma nap,

Greydawn

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greydawn

I would only like to say that I agree with more of an explanation needed to start a thread that has videos. You used your own thread as to why you think there are too many guidelines.

Hmmm, what is CFR? I have no clue unless you explain it. I have a computer that takes forever to load video clips so I rarely view them. I tend to not even bother with threads that have videos unless the OP further explains what it is we might be looking at.

Thanks, and seriously, what is CFR?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Thanks, and seriously, what is CFR?

Here go look and see www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
CFR - Council on Foreign Relations

I can only add that it frustrates me when a thread is posted with no opinion or take on a topic. I have an internet browser so I can find straight info for myself, same thing with "breaking news".

What many, if not most, members are looking for is perspective - for alternative ideas to what MSM presents to us. It's the crazy idea or connect-the-dots that will wake someone up and get them thinking in entirely new ways.

I generally appreciate someone putting themselves "out there" in a post, even if I completely disagree with it.

Just my thoughts on it.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thanks Sauron and Kosmicjack,

I don't recall ever hearing about the organization before, and now I am quite interested in learning more about it. I appreciate the other sources of information that were included in the link you provided Sauron. I look forward to other replies on that thread.

Oh, and I plan to watch the video also. It will probably take me a while, but I am now very curious.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

top topics

join