It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, this is the coolest golf course I've ever seen!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
www.golfinthewild.co.za...

It's called Hans Merensky Golf Estate and it's in Phalaborwa, South Africa. It's a freakin' African game preserve with a golf course built on it. Lions, giraffes, hippos and all the other native animals just roam free.

They've got to have some kind of dude with a rifle following you around to make sure you and the missus don't get eaten Mutual of Omaha style!
Needless to say I'd lose a lot of balls at this course. Well not really "lose", just "sacrifice".

In Texas you get a squirrel in your cart, there you get a black mamba!

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I don't know if I'm ready for that.

I hit into a gaggle of geese during my last round and almost soiled myself when one of the big ones started chasing me.

Seriously, can you imagine trying to line up a 5-iron with a freaking GIRAFFE in your peripheral vision??!?

Awesome. Good find.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Essedarius

Certainly nothing to be embarrassed about. If you get around a goose's young or it's eggs they will straight go off on you!

As far as this particular golf course goes, I'd be interested to know the history of violent golfer/animal interactions. I can't imagine these animals are that tame.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
If you get around a goose's young or it's eggs they will straight go off on you!

No joke. And they're BIG.

(Which I understand is kind of a silly thing to say on a thread talking about HIPPOS on a fairway...)

I can't imagine these animals are that tame.

Yeah. I bet there's a big sign on the first tee that reads:

GOLFER ASSUMES RISK OF HIDEOUS ANIMAL MAULINGS AND/OR TRAMPLINGS.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
That golf course is awesome. But the whole time I'm playing I'm sure that the possibility of lions lurking around would be in the back of my mind! Also, I'm sure a hippo or giraffe would not be very happy if they got hit with a golf ball. I wouldn't want to get a hippo angry, I heard they would kill you and not even feel bad about doing so!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Pardon the pun, but that is pretty wild!
Seriously, though, that is one course I would take up golf to play. What a day that would be. I bet most of the animals are pretty used to humans being around. I imagine that a lot of them live permanently around the course, since it will be kept green and lush. Great find.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What a lot of crap!

Not a single multi-coloured windmill in sight.

MonKey

top topics

join