It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Rockets on fire!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thats a great winning streak...

But now they are losers of 3 out of the last 4....

...and back into the 5th spot out west...

But good job...

Hopefuly your team did not peak too soon... this is the kind of streach that could have taken them through the playoffs... but instead it was midseason and vaulted them into the Playoff Picture...

All this being said, they still could FALL out of the Playoff picture... and they would problay be better off with a Lottery pick, then going out in the first round...

Remember, PortLand had a 15 Game winning streak eailer this year... and they are hovering at .500 ball....

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why no bumps here?? Where are the Rockets fans that have been promoting this overrated team thread?? Nice shoulder pads on McGrady!! Maybe somebody should get him a pillow!! Lots of time off soon!!
Tracy "twinkie" McGrady just doesn't have what it takes to be a difference maker!! D. O. M and Dr Love!!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Still ain't over yet.
I remember when the Rockets took the first two in Dallas then went bye-bye. I'm a little concerned about Landry, he's either hit the rookie wall or he's still injured.

Peace

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Dr Love, you're a very wise man! Your true Rockets colors are showing though! We both know this series is OVER! Listening to Rick Adelman and Tracy McGrady whine about the officials and McGrady even naming the official after the game is pathetic. Sure it was a bad call one of many in every game everywhere at every level. The Jazz are simple a much more powerful team physically and it appears to me the Rockets are unable to stop dribble penetration on many fronts! McGrady didn't want the ball in the 4th quarter. He has 1 point in the 2 games in the 4th quarter at home! UGHH! A man with his offensive talent has to take it to the hole in crunch time and at least draw some fouls. Adelman would be better off concentrating on telling his team that better on the ball defense is needed but as we all know he's probably working on his offensive schemes right now.
That's why they lost not the officials!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by swish22

I think Adelman should go small. Start Chuck Hayes at center, I know there would be a size disadvantage at the 5, but Hayes can stay with Okur when he ventures out of the post and he's a gnat on defense. Hell, put Hayes on Boozer and move Scola to center. The dribble penetration is a problem, but there's not much we can do about Deron Williams even if we had Alston. We have to get our fastest, most athletic guys on the floor in this one.

Peace

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Like your thinking with Hayes. Maybe they could throw a zone at them at times to try and stop the dribble penetration. Way too many easy hoops last night. Forcing them to put up 3's might be the way to go if they want to win 1 in Utah!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yea... too bad for Houstan... would they have won if they had Rafer... mabye, but i doubt it.

This Rockets team will be Remembered FOREVER, for winning 22 games in a row... the 2ND longest streak in the NBA ever (after the Lakers.. of course).

Utah is good, dammed good, they have the 2nd best PG in the leauge, and with out Alston, they have no-one that can touch D. Williams...

Plus McGrady stinks.. he is a choke artest... its pathetic looking at his last 2 4th quaters this post -season... and him complaining, and calling out refs, he needs to shut it.

If Houstan wants to steal a game, or put ANY LIFE into this series, they will need to so something unconventional, they need to PLay SUper-Small-ball, and hope that your over-all atheticism can out run the Jazz for a few games...

But we must realise that the Lakers-Jazz series is going to happen, nothing, short of a MAJOR injury is going to stop this. So lay off the Rockets, they have made thier mark this year, and mabye this summer they Trade McGrady for someone who is not a carrear Choke-artest... There would be plenty of teams that would take T-Mac, not a team that wants to win a championship, but a team that wants to make the playoffs... Mabye get Kevin Martin from the Kings... im not sure, but these Rockets, With Mcgrady are not going to win any championships...

Teams that can come out of the West:
Lakers Jazz Suns Spurs Hornets

Thanks for Showing ups:
Houstan Denver Dallas

SO tell me Houstan Fans, would you object to trading Mcgrady...

[edit on 4/24/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well, Houstan Just Won Game 3...

Now the series is 2-1...

Seems Rafer Alston Helps...

I still think Utah Will win the series, but here Kudos to the Rockets for showing some balls...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Impressive win last night. Thought they'd crumble but they played well and Landry with the play of the game block and more importantly save to his teammate. McGrady seemed a litlle more motivated late in the game. He seems immature for his age so maybe he still learning how to grow up in the NBA. I've always waited to see him take a series over, he has the offensive skills that's for sure! The physical barometerlikely to go up in game 4 though!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by swish22
McGrady seemed a litlle more motivated late in the game. He seems immature for his age so maybe he still learning how to grow up in the NBA.

I think he's just very introverted. He's not capable of that constant killer instinct that Bryant and James possess, but that doesn't mean he still can't score on anybody on the planet when he wants to.

He really is a sweetheart of a guy though.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
McGrady has gotten more cerdit from a 7 point 4th quater then any other player... ever... but that like 100% better then he normaly would do, so i am not going to talk about McGrady...

I am glad that Houstan took a game and made the series intresting, something that the Suns forgot to do....

Three games into this series, and all games have been won by the road team... that can not have happen many times...

Mabye They are better without Yao...
Landry just made him self a millionare... Kid is going to sign for big money now, he might not be in houstan for long... this guy is good... Not many players 'win' games on the Defensive end... The Frontcourt of Battier Scola and Landry is funky, but works... I don't know what they are going to do with all 7'6 of Yao...

Mabye you move Scola or Landry to the 3 and go with a Landry Scola Yao lineup... i mean that sounds nice right... Only the Lakers could through a better frontcourt out there of Odom Gasol Bynum... But thats all next year.

It also must be noted that this game was the first of Alstons of the series, that team is totaly diffrent with him at the point... they had to be, because they have no one else there...

Good Luck Houstan... Steal another in Utah, and this is a series again.

The Lakers will be be waiting for the winner...

[edit on 4/26/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Where are the Rockets fans that have been promoting this overrated team thread??

Overrated? When more teams go on 22 game winning streaks then get back to me on them being overrated. Until then, they're one of only two teams to ever do it.

The almighty Spurs have never done it, Jordan's Bulls never did it, Bird's Celtics never did it.

Shrugging it off and acting like it is nothing because you can't swallow your pride and give credit where credit is due doesn't diminish what they did no matter how much you want it to.

D. O. M

"Novus" doesn't start with a D.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Plus McGrady stinks.. he is a choke artest...

They need to trade him. He's not a real superstar. He can be when he's "on", but the problem is he isn't "on" as much as a superstar should be.

The Rockets should have done what ever it took to get Kobe Bryant when he was wanting out of LA, aside from trading Yao.

McGrady is constantly getting hurt, constantly disappearing when his team needs him most, and it seems he's got some emotional issues. And I've never seen anyone get poked in the eye as much as him. That's not why I want him traded, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

N O M, my sincerest apology! 2009 could be the year for the Rockets. Great job of putting the talent together by the GM!! The sky is the limit. Hopefully Yao can return and make an impact in next year's playoffs! I 'm tired of the Spurs winning out there. It never ceases to amaze me that Ginoblia and Parker don't get knocked down more often on their way to those endless amounts of bunnies!! Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by swish22

I agree with you that they've played like absolute garbage in the playoffs, but all I'm saying is that that doesn't diminish 22 in a row. Maybe they played above their capability during that time, but 22 in a row is 22 in a row.

Having said that, I don't even think 2009 is the year. I can hope, but I don't think it is. I don't see a championship being produced with McGrady as the center piece. He plays the superstar role, gets the superstar paycheck, has the superstar hype and superstar expectations, but the Rockets don't get the superstar results.

Superstars don't go silent in 4th quarters of playoff games. He's not a superstar and he's not the answer. As long as they count on him being the answer, they won't win a thing. He either needs to go or they need to bring in a true superstar to fill that role.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Most NBA teams dont have the balls to make a big trade.

Take this year for example, the Lakers happen to talk to the Griz GM while he was either Drunk, or on other illigal drugs... they had the Balls to try anything for a superstar when he was avalible...

Then the Mavs and Suns both made BIG moves for ALL_TIME great players, and in the end, both of those teams are going to get hurt by it, it seems both coachs are gone.

So for EVery Pau Gasol, that makes a team better, and takes them to the next level, there are 2 or more Mavs/Suns deals, where everything goes to hell.

Thats why its safer to just stay put... like in blackjack, you can sit on 18 everytime, but if you had the balls and took a hit there, there is a chance you could land one of the 12 cards that oculd help you, but you look a lot worse if you fail, and Great if you succed.

Good luck Houstan, and take the series to 7, i still have hopes of either Bynum or Ariza coming back this playoffs, plus Turriaf of the Lakers lost like 40% of his muclse the last week when he was, to quote Phil Jackson, 'Deseasied".

This has lead to DJ MBenja playing mins in the playoffs... intresting fact abouth him... as a teen he was imprisoned in a Political Jail in the Sudan, but excaped the Jail ans fled to Belguim... wow... thats crazy...

Where escpaing a third world-hell hole happens....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join