It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britney Spears Case 1 more step towards Fascim

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
IF YOU DON'T CARE DON'T POST ON THIS THREAD

This stuff about her being 'so crazy' is mostly manufactured by tabloid media that blows every incident out of proportion, she has not attacked anyone, tried to hurt her self, tried to hurt anyone, her driving is usually pretty slow and ok, she only has 1 minor trafic infraction ..

and I KEEP SAYING THIS: what about all the other 'crazy' celebs out there, there has been much worse than her but yes this is the first time this happens, thats very suspicious.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pkspeaker
This stuff about her being 'so crazy' is mostly manufactured by tabloid media that blows every incident out of proportion, she has not attacked anyone, tried to hurt her self, tried to hurt anyone, her driving is usually pretty slow and ok, she only has 1 minor trafic infraction

How do you now all this are you a close friend.....perhaps by the name of Sam Lufti

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

IF YOU DON'T CARE DON'T POST ON THIS THREAD

Oh! But I do care, you see, it was all so recently that I was beginning to feel great due to Britney's absence from the media. She's one of those ugly critters that tend to creep up on you randomly thanks to her inability to wear panties. Now I come to find her lurking on the top threads here at ATS.

Is there no safe haven? Maybe this belongs in BTS?

Bah, not even there. Lets not crowd those poor folks who frequent.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I'd like to say in all seriousness I love Brittany and believe get she'll through this part of her life OK. She's worked harder in her few years than most people work their whole lives.

She's a strong woman and she'll be fine once she realizes everything around her is just noise and remembers what she really cares about in life.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I understand pkspeakers's worry. I also see many detractors riding a thin line of violation of the T&C very tightly. I also see many people responding with "She has so much money/fame/power/freedom than I do so I don't care/deserves what she gets."

The thought expressed by by the OP for those that missed it is "if this can happen to her, then think of what you can have done to you". That is a very realistic fear especially given the number posts this year of cops being very bad to captive subjects.

Unfortunately too many have become jaded by MSM standing more for My Spears Moment than actual news. No, I have no crush on her and personally I don't she her as anything more that the little girl that was on the Mickey Mouse Club and not the barely clothed tease that was the basis of her stardom.

It is true that many big celebs got away with murder over the years (OJ in particular) from Shannon and her car, Winonna Rider and her theivery to Jack Nickelson and his asault with a putter. As for Britney, well going to wild parties and having strangers snort lines of coke off your breasts and tummy doesn't really demonstrate a health stable environment for being able to raise children.

Estranging herself from her family may have been to protect her fortune. And her family may indeed bemaking a power play for money more than concern. Not to slight all of Arkansas but I can think of two people from there that I would trust to hold a nickel for me. Sadly I think we all know who they are.

To remain as objective as possible I say again there are conditions of her mental stability that are not complete public knowledge. But being placed into what amounts to house arrest as a ward of your brother, mother and father and not the state yet unable to have access to legal councel or prepresentation does seem to be riding a fine line of its own.

If upheld as legal, it sets a dangerous precidence for the rest of us should we engage in "loopy" actions of assembling in small groups to freely discuss grievous actions of elected officials, to enumerate such things and try to spread the word by self publishing pamphlets or posting to internet forums to foster deeper discussion and debate. Surely someone out there won't care about those conspiracy nutters that have UFO's on Larry King, PBS, TLC and the Discovery channel all the time.

Some of us see 1984 as where we are headed. Myself I always liked Animal Farm as it was so much more subtile. All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others....

[edit on 23-2-2008 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
First off guys, it's spelt Britney

I actually think there is a conspirational angle to this whole thing - ok its not your average "end of the world/doom/we're being abducted" kind of conspiracy but still, I think its there. Remember, conspiracies come in all shapes and sizes.

The conspiracy angle in this comes from so manny sides.

The first is a media one. Its to do with the power of the press. They made her and they'll damn well break her and nothing and no one is likely to stop it.

Yes, she has some personal responsibilites to live up to - I'm not going to deny that BUT, what about the society angle of putting someone who obviously has some mental issues right now continually through the wringer? And what about the state of society where people actually buy the wares that some of these publishers produce

The second is the manager who appears to have conspired to keep her smashed out of her head while he ran everything to do with "Britney Inc".

And then there are the parents, who may be acting in the self-preservation interests of their daughter and who also may well just want a bigger slice of the pie for themselves - after all they pushed their kid headlong into the media spotlight from an early age and damned the consequences of it all. Its funny that they had nothing to say about her "outrageous behaviour" prior to her divorce from Ferdeline.

And don't forget Ferdeline, who has made his entire career from being a no-mark dancer to some kind of supposed paragon of virtue by marrying into someone elses money, divorcing her and getting more of it, and then systematically exposed every single thing he knew - and accepted prior to marrying her. I'd say his motives are distinctly less than honourable. Yes they're his kids, but they are also pawns in all this. If he was so damn concerned he'd have stayed on and helped her out - right?

So you see.....more than meets the eye. Yeah its a social conspiracy, but its a conspiracy nontheless. Its all about how you frame it.

I'd echo the earlier sentiment that if you have nothing to do but try and rubbish the idea, and can't contribute past the pointless "whats this thread doing here?" then you obviously don't get that there are other types of conspiracies and you should just give it a rest and not post in the thread. I'm late to the dance here, but I would ask we have no more off topic bickering and actually try and have a discussion - please?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
We don't allow the sneaky use of meta tags here..

[edit on 5-13-2008 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pkspeaker

You can only push a person so far, before cracks starts showing. Anyone with a bit of sense, could have seen this coming a mile away. Mr. Federline must be laughing all the way to the bank. Spears have a legal right to talk to her own lawers, in order to defend herself. I'm also wondering, where her record-label is in all of this. No doubt that she's still able to make millions for them. As it looks like there's another child on the way. Federline is about to show his absolute true color, green & lots of it. He will not "share the pie" with anybody but himself, and their mutual kids coming in at a distant 2nd. It so easy to take care of kids, when all you have to do, is to hire 24 hr. nanny's and other stuff that will keep the kidz looking good, for when they leave the house with daddy. I wish Gloria Allred, would take an interest in this case. Because Federline wants to turn this into a side-show, then let's do so then. I can's see the bumber sticker saying :Federline is the # 1 dad in the world: being a best seller....

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

she is not allowed to drive her car,

Ms. Spears is able to drive a car,

Really? Indeed she is!

..she can drive without a valid license
..she can drive and hit parked cars and drive off without notifying them.
..she can drive and have a glass of wine in her hand at the same time!
..she can also drive with one of her kids on her lap rather than being safe in a car seat.

So she's not alloud to drive? THANK GOD!!

Being "able" to drive a car includes being able to follow road rules.
I think maybe you mean "she is able to drive the bumper cars at disneyland."

Edit. I agree that she has alot of hangers on taking advantage of her- yes that is a cause for concern. Claiming however that she's somehow a victim because she gets punnished for breaking the law just makes it seem like you think she should be above it.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by riley]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
who gives a Damn.

It was inevitable this would happen. She isn't talented musical or vocally , so she relies on the press to keep here image buoyant.

IMO she has knackered her head in on drugs. Probably suffering bad depression.

After having a very public breakdown , she continues to knock out crappy music with lyrics like "everyone wants a piece of me" and "they put pictures of my derriere on magazines" just to clarify it wasn't her derriere it was her vagina.

She needs the press, the press need her, and we need neither.

I hear Timbaland is going to revive her music career when she gets better.

Lets hope the second suicide attempt works.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

Such a delightfully inciteful contribution

I wonder, if someone had said the same about a member of your family, how you would feel about that?

The subject of this thread is to do with a possible series of conspiracies against Britney Spears. Its NOT a place for people to spew their individual hate of a particular person.

If you have nothing better to do than trash this topic because you don't like a person in question don't post in it and let the rest of us who want to have a reasonable discussion on the issue do so.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well heres the latest news tidbit from x17online.com:

So here's what went down at the courthouse today with the hearing regarding Sam Lutfi's restraining order:

Bottom line: at 6pm yesterday, a federal judge agreed that the case be moved to district court. Therefore, Commissioner Goetz today couldn't rule on any thing until the case, if the case, gets remanded/sent back to state court.

However, despite Lutfi not being served by the Wednesday deadline, the restraining order is valid because Jamie Spears went to federal court yesterday and was granted an extension of restraining order until March 17, and therefore lutfi was served in time for that March 17 deadline.

On February 25, the federal judge will review arguments from both Jamie Spears and Jon Eardley to decide if Eardly showed good cause to keep the case with the federal court. Jamie will argue that because Britney was found "to lack the capacity to retain counsel on February 6," Eardley can't legally say he's Britney's lawyer.

Meanwhile Commissioner Goetz said: "We are in a holding pattern until the district court decides which jurisdiction should continue with the case."

When Geraldine Wyle (an attorney recently retained by Jamie Spears for his conservatorship) offered her all of the federal filings, she said: "You keep them. I want to keep the line of demarcation clear so no one thinks I'm over stepping my bounds....for now, we are in a holding pattern till the distrcit court rules on February 25."

Wyle stated that they do not want this case remanded to the feds because "the federal process doesn't really suit a conservatorship."

In response to serving Lutfi after the 48 hour deadline, instead serving him only 21.5 hours before the deadline of court today at 1:30pm, Wyle said this: "Despite our very best efforts - and I mean our very best - Mr. Lutfi did not surface until after the deadline clearly passed."

Addressing Eardly's claim to move the case to the feds, Jeffrey Wexler (of the Luce Forward firm, with Wyle) said: "Since the February 6 ruling form this court stated that Ms. Spears lacks the capacity to retain counsel, that means Mr. Eardley can't file a removal [from state court] on her behalf" because he's not legally her lawyer.

Whew! Did you get all that? I dunno but my non-professional legal opinion is that it sounds messy!

So Mondays the decision day. If it changes jurisdiction to fed I believe the James Spears conservertership will be dead and she will then be effectivly freed from her current confinement, as they would then have to have a new hearing that would determine who, if anyone should be the new conservator. So lets see what happens Monday.

Eardly is claiming to represent Britney and bases his motion to take this to the feds on the argument that Britneys civil rights are being violated and that she "is being confined by the conservator to the private prison of her own home"

dallasnews.com:
In a document filed Thursday in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, attorney Jon Eardley writes that Spears has not "received the benefit of a single hearing before the court," and "is being confined by the conservator to the private prison of her own home,"

nydailynews.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join