It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Leno speaks up about the media in USA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If the best country in the world becomes complacent, it will be destined to decline. That's not a one liner. Its just the nature of work. You are either working to go up hill, or you are going down hill.

I don't let a week go by without internally thanking all of the people who worked so hard over the last 200 years to make this country as great as it is. And it is great in many ways. Very great.

But we are no where near good enough. Could you imagine an apologist like Jay Leno, writing that article 50 years ago, with Jim Crow still in effect? I doubt Jay Leno, who made fun of Denny's so effectively, to shame them, would every back racism. He would be saying that we have a lot of work to do, and anti-black racism in the south is no where near good enough. So why is America suddenly good enough now, when it wasn't then?

Could it possible be.... gasp.... Jay Leno's age? He has reached the age of retirement. Where he looks back and applauds where he and his country have gone.

Guess what. Not everyone is as old as he is.

We have just as many important social, political, and economic problems now as we did when Jay Leno was 13 years old. He just doesn't see them. Enormous debt, a culture of spending, social fragmentation into cults of belief similar to the 1830s, a broken 2 party system that can't get issues in front of the public, etc.

And I won't let those people who worked so hard for 200 years down by proclaiming that our government is good enough. It has a lot of work to do.

Jay Leno can coast on his cycles if he likes. But the rest of us are trying to pay for our groceries against stagflation.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

it's a lie he never said it ; neither did David Letterman.

<< 1  2   >>

join