It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Leno speaks up about the media in USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It is because of all of those blessings mentioned in the OP, that most Americans fear that the direction that we are going in, may cause those things to be LOST. Every night at the dinner table, including when guests come, and before my wife and I became empty nesters, we thank God for the food, for our family, and all the blessings bestowed upon this country.
I don't want to allow those that have other agendas to throw away those blessings that we have.
There are too many parallels today to the environment that existed in Germany in the early 1930's that have me very concerned about our future. Signing statements, the Patriot Act, false flag operations all are ominous warnings of a train heading off the tracks.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This confirms it. Jay Leno's a [Mod Edit] moron.

You can't say that America is hunky-dory because we're not starving in a blizzard like people in Tajikistan. Why?

Because we're not Tajikistan, you turtle-humping nitwits.

We are America. We live by American standards. And when those standards are not met, when our trusts are betrayed, when our traditions and systems are screwed over, it makes no damn sense to "Oh, well, at least we're not in Azerbaijan's shoes!"

[Mod Edit: Profanity removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use 1b. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 23/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
This confirms it. Jay Leno's a #ing moron.

You can't say that America is hunky-dory because we're not starving in a blizzard like people in Tajikistan. Why?

Because we're not Tajikistan, you turtle-humping nitwits.

We are America. We live by American standards. And when those standards are not met, when our trusts are betrayed, when our traditions and systems are screwed over, it makes no damn sense to "Oh, well, at least we're not in Azerbaijan's shoes!"

Well put, couldn't agree more.
As has been stated before, it's not about how good we have it, it's about what's being done to our country. The reason we have it so good (and believe me, I was raised in a 3rd world country, so I'm VERY aware of how good we americans have it) is because of our constitution and the trust that SHOULD be present between the people and the government. But when the government decides to betray its people, break that trust and break the constitution just because they want to line their pockets with more money and take away money from OUR hard earned pockets, not to mention label anyone that disagrees with them as "terrorists" and strip them of all their rights... there's a serious problem there. Don't try and compare us to other countries as we are not them.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Question]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

pssst..Walking Fox, the OP was not written by Jay Leno. Check out the snopes link on the previous page. It was a hoax.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Something Jay Leno once said that is very apt: "All politics is just theatre performed by ugly people."

Whether he intended to do so or not, he was on to something absolutely true. All decisions are being taken by people you and I don't know and never see, and what is served up as the political life of a country whether it is the USA, Canada, or Australia is simply a bit of theatre to make us think we are participating in something grand instead of recognising that our nations have gone bung.

As far as the OP goes, I have encountered many US Americans who are so doctrinaire in their support of their government and its actions that they would blame the majority of the citizenry rather than look at the Presidency and Congress and Courts with a critical eye.

The enormous dissatisfaction in the USA proves that the citizens of the nation are not taken in by the theatre performed by ugly people. They realise the direction that has been charted by the Bush/Cheney government (and the people that control them) is the wrong course for the USA's ship of state.

More Power to the People of the USA!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Damnit Jay, why did you have to ruin it?

His article was making an excellent point until he started kissing GW's feet... that really made me dissapointed
Cmon Jay, you're better than that.

The President is not directly responsible for a single one of the things Jay espoused for his approval... but that's ok... Jay still made a good point, we are lucky to live in this country.

If we're unhappy with our President, we should kick the President to the curb and carry on being grateful patriots. It is because we are spoiled brats that we complain about the President and expect to see results... we're lazy.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Jay never said those things. IT IS A HOAX. See my post above.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Jay never said those things. IT IS A HOAX. See my post above.

Well, I'm sure this HOAX will spark a conversation regardless. Thanks for catching it... I hope you don't mind if I continue...

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I also remember visiting Russia - not the trendy touristy areas either - and coming home and thanking God that I was born in America. Americans have it so darn good compared to MANY other people in the world.

You are so right, and being privileged as we are, we need to be wary of the actions of our leaders so that our nation does not become another Russia.

People think it's impossible that America is becoming a third world nation, but what force is orchestrating our fate? The same that orchestrated the fates of Russia, Africa, Europe and South America. So we should not be so spoiled as to think the same people will not lead us into ruin for the benefit of their own power structure.

The same bloodlines which orchestrated the death of millions of European peasants remains still, on the throne, and the American people are told to be quiet and be grateful.

Yes, we are lucky that we can afford 1 dollar hamburgers, but are we at all concerned with spending an extra dollar to feed starving children? That sort of thing is not taught to us growing up in America.

We are unhappy because we spend 1 dollar on a hamburger and our government spends 2 billion on weapons that end up mangling little children.

We are unhappy because we are sick at heart... and through our lack of vigilence, many 'leaders' will lead us down paths where our children will grow up in Russias situation or worse.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
idk, it might be a hoax...

but lets pretend he did say it; heres my reply

" LOL thats the funniest joke Jay has ever told!!! a millionare just told me (poor white trash) that I was a spoiled brat! LOL Half my friends dont even have a Car...yet Jay has 100+ Exotic super cars... THATS HILARIOUS! "

it would be extremely ironic tho, the super rich guy tells all the poor ppl "Your spoiled brats! Now i need to go buy a new ferarri!"

Irony at its best/worst

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Obviously not really jay leno but...

I can just imagine in 1939 German civilians saying, 'We're OK, we've got jobs, homes etc., Why should we care what Adolf is doing in Poland? Anyway he's go a lovely mustache. Quit complaining you ungrateful scum!'

If only they'd questioned and acted eh?

(and plz I'm not calling anyone a nazi, just making a point)

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well, I think he's a moron anyway. That's still okay, right?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Talk about strawman arguments. That entire document, supposedly written by Leno, is completely full of them.

Way to miss the point Mr. Leno!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Oh, dear. America is obviously in a sad state of affairs. You know, just last week the powers that be in our county have said they are going to make us license our dogs and make sure they are vacinated against rabies. Damn facists! Yes, my personal rights are being eroded. And damnit, they tell me it's for the good of the majority. liars! It's just to control me. I'd take my gun and kill those nasty people but, well, it's illegal to kill unless I am threatened. But, wait, I am being threatened by having a right taken away from me. Death to the facists!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

I do beleive that there are more people in this country in the poverty class then middle class and even less then the Upper class. So.....

"So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, ''What are we so unhappy about?''
Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? "

That one I will give, at least I can listen to my music and get online for debates like this one everynight when I get home..... unless the electricity company here is having problems. Like 2 times a week. I believe hollywood and new york city are up all the time except for maybe 1 or twice a year.

"Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time, and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year?"

But the trick is, how much will be bought? How much do people buy....especially when the standard of living is higher then what you are getting paid.

"I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough."

We have fast food, fast food, and some oh yeah and more fast food. You really have to be in a big city and have money to eat anything cuisine. Not that many of us can afford it with the depreciation of the dollar, rise in feul cost, rise in food cost, and wages not rising with them.

"How about the complete religious, social and political freedoms we enjoy that are the envy of everyone in the world?"

This is only if you are straight and Christian.

"They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an ''other than honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ''dishonorable'' discharge after a few days in the brig.

But why are we there? As far as I know the evidence linkin Iraq to 9/11 is not sufficient. And they did not have weapons of mass destrution. He may have caused his own nation turmoil, which would be the people of that nations responsibility to return it to a just state, but he did ot have anything to do with 9/11. And most of the world agrees.

I have freinds all around the world and you know what, I am constanly told that they do not hate us, but they hate our president. Because he feels the need to medlle in the affairs of other nations. I am sorry but I can under stand the numbers on the Newsweek Poll. I am fed up with deciding wether to get more propant to keep my little sister warm at night, or by food to make sure she can eat.

Edited just to say that somebody should letme know what I need to do to make these quotes not just paste and copy with quotations.

And if this is you true view, Maybe you should have lived in my shoes the past 8 years..

[edit on 23-2-2008 by Timmyboi23]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

The only thing I am going to post on is he believes that here is true and complete, social, religious, and political freedom in this contry. But I am trying to find people here who believe that the social part is true. I want to get married one of these days. recognised by the state, city, country... etcetra..... for some reason, I think the Federal gov. wants to say let it go... but why has it not happened? I find this still on topic beause Social freedom includes marraige. ( I apologise for mispeling. My glasses broke. and I con't buy new ones for a couple of weeks. Too many bills)

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Leno is delusional.
And for the wars comments, the soldiers cannot simply walk away from duty. They will go to jail and their future hopes of a job will take a hit. Also, I believe many stay because of the salary and education prospects the military offers, not because they are happy with what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Its sad. Somebody composes a letter and says a famous person says it and we debate it like it has merit.

I'm not saying that unless a famous person says it it has no merit i'm saying it has no merit because its analysis is a bogus mind trick to get us to have a ridiculous debate.

The power elite better pray to their god that the population continues to puts up with thier monopolistic false democracy because one day the "false flags" the endless wars the poisoning of our food supply and the land confiscation will not be tolerated anymore.

One day they won't be able to give us a crap trinket to entertain us because one day we'll have seen it all and we will then look at them and wonder "Hey why are they way up there and we are way down here."

We whine too much? Is that the new angle they are taking? HAHA they haven't even seen nothing yet.

BTW this thread should get a new title because Jay Leno didn't say it.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by McKennalite

and even if it is an anonoymus e-mail making the rounds as you claim... whats so stupid about it?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i have seen many items taken from "world net daily" in the various discussions and topics on ATS...maybe...just maybe, we shouldn't put so much credence in the "opinions" expressed there. i mean some of the things said, makes ATS look tame by comparision. i'm no big fan of MSM (main stream media), but, world net daily?....c'mon, we here can do better then that...ok... maybe not for all posters...but there is hope.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Regardless of who wrote it, neverminding that it was from an email, the point of the post was to make people think. Obviously people will completely dissagree, thats a given.

I find that throughout our busy daily lives we sometimes forget how good we actually have it as a country (yes I know every individual has different circumstances). It just gets frusterating when day after day all I hear is how this country is going down the tubes, headed in the wrong direction, or just plain sucks. Basically I hear a lot of complaining and see not much action. I believe a majority of it is due to media coverage.

Theres nothing more annoying that somoene that knows absolutely nothing about politics complaing about how our country is headed for destruction. Why do they think that? Probably because the TV told them so. I understand there are numbers of real reasons our country IS in fact headed in the wrong direction, I just cant stand the people that jump on the media bandwagon and complain about it with no knowledge to back it up except "because Bush sucks!".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join