It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

russia threatens with militairy interfearing in kosovo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

The Russians have also had *major* problems in both Afghanistan and Chechnya in the last couple of decades.

Not that it matters. A large-scale war between the US and Russia will be nothing like those conflicts, or the one in Vietnam, or our current ones in Iraq and Afghanistan. Both sides would more or less fight a traditional war where the two sides face each other in open combat.

Concern for civilian casualties would also go out the window, which, in past and current conflicts, has been one of the reasons neither side has actually used their 'full' conventional might since WW2. Don't kid yourself. The US could obliterate the Iraqi insurgency if they REALLY wanted to, just as the Soviets could have done in Afghanistan and Chechnya. The reason neither side did is political; to avoid sparking public outrage and possibly igniting that global war between the superpowers. That concern obviously flies out the window if that war did happen to start, and both sides will be a whole lot less discriminate in their target choices.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I am not going to say we have another uneducated scholar, but the US never left Kosovo, we have been in the region since Bosnia/Herzgovina.

So I am sure the US planned this out years ago. Right?

By the way this was another one of those world cries, why isnt the US doing something about those atrocities. You are prob even one of the ones that said it. Just a diff time for you to attack America

Unfortunately people do not realize this is but one of many situations that are on going and was never fully resolved. Remeber the snipers killing children and innocent civilians.

Come on people if you have SCHOLAR in your user profile you should at least take the time to know what you are responding to.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by birchtree]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Russia needs at least 20 years of oil profits and build up to even think about taking on NATO. Their NAVY is junk, the Migs are all old as hell, and their troops still look like skinny 12 year olds. The Bear does have some working nukes, but not what it did in say 1965. Russia believes it can still bluff it's way into getting what it wants. The chest thumping is silly, they remind me of a old sick man yelling at the kids to stay out of their yard.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Russia needs at least 20 years of oil profits and build up to even think about taking on NATO. Their NAVY is junk, the Migs are all old as hell, and their troops still look like skinny 12 year olds. The Bear does have some working nukes, but not what it did in say 1965. Russia believes it can still bluff it's way into getting what it wants. The chest thumping is silly, they remind me of a old sick man yelling at the kids to stay out of their yard.

Russia needs at least 20 years of oil profits and build up to even think about taking on NATO.

lol, the biggest load of BS i ever read,...
call me when NATO/Imperialist US empire have the necessary logistics to fight in Russia

Their NAVY is junk, the Migs are all old as hell

who cares they have hypersonic final stage klub(sizzler) and supersonic yakhonts ASCM's to neutralize the american surface assets and 50 kilo SSK's to deal with american SSN's(nuclear subs of american imperium) , if they dared to fight in the Barents sea
and S-300 and Mig-31's to deal with offensive airpower , NATO/Imperialist US empire does not even have logistics to fight in Russia
forget it , USA will be defeated in a conventional war , if it tried to invade Russia

The Bear does have some working nukes, but not what it did in say 1965.

rather much better than 1965 , then it did not have proper capability to launch a nuclear strike on Imperialist US empire .... today it has topol m's with MARV's and liquid fueled SS-19's and SS-18

Russia believes it can still bluff it's way into getting what it wants. The chest thumping is silly, they remind me of a old sick man yelling at the kids to stay out of their yard.

Imperialist US empire trying to act like Sole Superpower is silly , it thinks that its bluffs to attack Iran could intimidate Iran(which USA fails too and USA throws tantrums helplessly in front of its chinese masters who own your economy)

by the way USA acts like a cancer patient ,who has the illusion that hes the strongest ...

[edit on 24-2-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Seriously - where do people get off saying that Russia is incredibly weak, with its entire military rusting, and is incapable of undertaking any military action? I mean is this simply a psychological thing where people say it to convince themselves that their country's power is uncontested and their perceived opponent is weak? I am not a psychology major, but it seems to me to be a perfect example of psychological talk. I have seen these degrading opinions on the Russian military countless times on ATS, and the awkward thing is that they are usually coupled with scaremongering that Russia is going to invade somebody. So is Russia supposed to be the big bad bear that is going to mutilate the world, or is it a third world country of drunkards and communists armed with rusty AK's and scrapmetal missiles? Make up your mind already.

Making such general opinions on Russian military is utterly useless. The Russian military has not been fully tested since 1945 (nor has the US/NATO military) - and since then they have come a long way. The wars (Afghanistan, Chechnya) which Russia was involved in tell very little about its capabilities, because those were limited wars, where Russia utilized small amounts of the military assets that were available to them.

Obviously Russia does not have a superpower status today, primarily because it is not able to project it's force around the world as the US is able to. But that means nothing regarding its ability to wage a full-scale conventional war close to home (say in Europe). Sure the command structure is lagging, large portions of the navy and airforce are mothballed, and the drafted recruits have lower morale than their American counterparts. But in the very remote possibility of a full-scale conventional war, all that would change in a matter of months, just as it had in WWII. Russia is in the possession of immense amount of resources, and has the technological know-how to match the US. Were it to mobilize all of its assets and resources to fight a war, the US could find itself on the defensive.

Remember - the focus of Russia's politicians was away from the military for the last 18 years. The military received what was left of the budget after everyone else had their slice. Were this focus to shift back to the military on the same scale as during the Cold War, the Russian military could be resurrected in as little as 1-3 years.

And even now Russia excels above everyone else in certain aspects. The Topol M and other multi-stage/multi-warhead ICBMs for example. Also it is able to produce aircraft and armor of similar quality to those the US has, but much cheaper and in much higher numbers. It's non-nuclear theater ballistic missiles, both sea and land based - are also second to none.

In addition to this, if this hypothetical (because it is clearly unrealistic) war is fought in Europe, Russia would have the logistical advantage. Current NATO forces in Europe would be seriously hard-pressed to sustain themselves in a defensive warefare for a lengthy period of time. Meanwhile the US would be faced with a logistical nightmare of transporting all military assets to Europe.

So this talk about how pathetically weak Russia is, is useless and unfounded. What is the point of it? Everyone knows Russia is not what it was in 1989.

But everyone who has the least bit of mental capacity and common sense also knows that NATO or US would not dare risk taking on Russia in a full-scale military conflict. A conflict like that is practically impossible for this reason, because both sides know that even without using nuclear weapons, it would lead to destruction of an entire continent and possibly of both major contestants in the war.

[edit on 24-2-2008 by maloy]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ask Germany and France what happen to them when they went to war with Russia.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
First of all, I hope that there's not going to be another war. The Idea that the Russian Military is weak is a bunch of crap. Russians will be more formidable advasaries than the ragheads in Iraq, running around in dresses, Using old AK's and homemade roadside bombs. United States has lost 3,972 soldiers and 29,133 were wounded since the War began in 3/19/03. God bless their sacred memories. Russia and United States and the rest of Europe need to stay out of Serbia. It is Serbia's problem that they let Albanian Imigrants take over the kosovo region, and it doesn't matter who's it was 2,000 years ago. If they can kick the Albanians out back into Albania good for the Serbs, they can have their beautiful Churches. If not, good for Albanian Muslims, they will burn Serbian Churches to the ground and put their mosques instead.

Or you know, thers is another option, Serbia, Kosovo, Albania, Yugoslavia, and Bosnia and who ever else lives in that region of Europe put aside your petty differences. I know that you have been killing each other forever as it seems now. Learn to Forgive and Forget, both Islam and Christianity teach it.

Thank you for your time

[edit on 25-2-2008 by ColdWarAlliance]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Albanians are not immigrants. They are native to Kosovo. They been there before the Trojan wars. They fought a war with King Philip of Macedon. They help his son Alexandria the Great fight the Presians. They fought the Romans and lost.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I apologize, thank you for pointing it out, not immigrants, native Albanians, who were called Illyrians 1000 BC, according to Albanians.

The Serbs say on the other hand that “Albanians appeared in the early middle ages around 500 AD, as a result of intermarriage between nomadic shepherds and unromanized remnants of Illyrians and Dardanians”.

So I’m going to trust the Albanians on this account because they probably know better where and when they came from, but it doesn’t matter, 3008 years ago, come on.

United States declared it’s Independence July 4, 1776, almost 232 years ago. What if the Native Americans decide to create their own country, and declare Independence? Now whether that’s right or wrong is a different issue, United States will probably not allow it, U.S. is still using sorry excuse for land, called Indian Reservations, but it is still part of United States.

My point is: who has claim to Kosovo?

Alexander the Great conquered that area 300 BC, I couldn’t find much about his daddy and the Albanians, maybe they kicked his butt.

Rome conquered the Balkans in 170 BC.

Slavic tribes settle in the Balkans in the Early 600s.

800s they become Christians,

Serbian Slavs take over Kosovo in Late 1100s.

Ottoman Turks defeat Serbs in 1389.

1690 Serbian rebellion fails, Serbs flee Kosovo, Albanians, many of whom convert to Islam settle there, etc. etc. etc.

1912 Serbia gains control of Kosovo, it becomes their job to protect it and be fair to the natives. Instead they start repressing Albanians, Albanians and the KLA are not poor Saints there either, and I don’t know who started it and it doesn’t matter.

It is not United States job or Russia for that matter to fix them it is Serbian and Albanian job to fix themselves.

I got all the dates and facts of the internet so if I got something wrong let me know, I will educate myself some more, Thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ColdWarAlliance

Awesome lesson, good job. I wish some of these SCHOLARS would take the time you have checking things out.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I see the dreamers are out again, so its ok for America to.........................................................blah blah blah blah blah blah....wah wah wah wah.....bananas bananas bananas.

I know this seems like I am demeaning you, but could you please find a new platform to launch off of....everytime something like this comes up its the same thing
the title of this thread is russia threatens with military interfearing in kosovo not It is time to stab on America some more.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by birchtree]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to :Sooo, basically you are saying that US and British soldiers have been more brain washed than NATO troops (Canadian,French,German troops)into believing that this war on terror is right?so they have more motivation? bold statement! and fighting the taliban for american troops is just a turkey shoot I bet, and of course if we were to intervene and have a squabble with russia , The Us would be the head of it, but would be able to do very little without of the backbone of their NATO allies, And also dont be miss led into thinking american troops or british are "better" or have more "motivation" than other NATO soldiers, US troops have been heavly brainwashed quite more than other troops, I honestly think that the average mind set of any other soldier other than an Americans would have a better outcome of the violence over there, espcially with taking territory and not having it being administered by us troops. also US troops are commiting suicide at an alarming rate in iraq! more than any other countries troops ever have!url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread336520/pg1#pid4037750]post by MikeboydUS[/url]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You will find many "Albanians" with white skin, blue eyes etc. 90% of "Albanians" are former Serbs who had to convert to islam or die. Same is with "Bosnians". Same is with "Croatians" (only they converted to catholicism). Even the greatest historical figure of "Albanians", Skender-beg, was a Serb.Albanians know that, Bosnisans also know who they are, Croats also. Until Serbs finally dissapear from the face of Earth, they will be reminding "Albanians", "Bosnians" and "Croatians" of their true origin. That is the source of all the hate.

Western countries (or their rulers, shadow governments behind corporations, banking system) want stupid workforce that will do as they are told. Albanians fit the description. They speak a very rudimentary language, with only a basic grammar. They still have laws that are tribal. They are dealing drugs all over Europe, and are very happy to do that. The drugs that CIA brings from Avganistan are sold in Europe and the main drug organization is - Albanian. Non-taxable money for Soros and other "democracy preachers" around Europe.

Things are very simple. Only, official media is, of course, telling a completely different story. As always.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by greshnik]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join