It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Where do you come up with this? Jesus quite specifically said that, and I quote, "I go to prepare a place for you." If you want to know what "Jesus has been doing," the answer is simple. He has been preparing a place for undeserving individuals such as yourself... Even though you mock and make false accusations, he still loves you. You have a good day now. Ya hear?

[edit on 22-2-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

Really?

They were right? The Pharisees and the Saducees both worshipped the hateful, vengeful god of the OT... Jesus dispersed the myth of the angry, vengeful god aand the Pharisees didn't appreciate it.. That is why they claimed Jesus was ""demonic." I suggest you get some REAL spiritual wisdom before you begin making your allegations.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

Where, where are you tonite? Why did you leave me here all alone...I searched the world over and thought I'd found true love....you met another and....pffffft....you was gone!

???????????????????????

Only you will be able to figure that out.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
To me, Jesus represents the disconnect between man and God. Even though you can read through his teachings and find that much of what he said is a match to easter philosophy. The major concepts being that one need not worship a church and that God, and heaven, and paradise is in the individual. That all are God's children in the way that Jesus was, and that by following his example one could be at peace, and at one with God.

"The Kingdom (of Heaven) is inside you and it is outside you"

Jesus, if he existed as a man, was likely trying to teach his followers that they can find God in themselves, as Jesus did, and that they were all the son of God.

Then it got perverted by those who refused to give up their control of the afterlife and people's souls, the one place they couldn't control.

So, by separating God and Man as Christianity did, spiritually, one can never attain oneness. Therefore they will be forced to constantly come back to try to get it right, and will likely not get it right for a long time.

Sad really.

I'm God, he's God, She's God, we're all God...

Wouldn't you like to be God too?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think Jesus had a drinking problem. Creating wine from water? Come on ...

Haha, JK! Actually, I believe Jesus is a fictional character. None of the philosophers, or any famous figures, of that time mention a hint of him until 70 AD, and when that happened it was only as Christ, aka "anointed one." Also, watch Zeitgeist. I stand behind the whole astrological concept of part one, but I'm a little skeptic of some of the other religious figures relating to Jesus.

I believe in God, that we each have a soul and that the answer to life is simply "love." I guess that's my religion, and I live by it.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's not you that I worry about. You can look up to some guy who may or may not have existed all you want. I mean, if interpretted correctly, Jesus paints a fine example of what somebody should strive to be.

I do realize that there are different varying degrees of how involved with religion you are, or how closely you folow dadada okay yeah I'm not concerned about those people who say they are christian yet haven't been to church since childhood. I'm talking about 90 percent of it's believers willing to die in the name of their religion. I'm talking about all those people that put their religion ahead of anything else.

Those who base their whole lives around somebody else, and somebody else's beliefs and words.... somebody who may or may not have existed.

Anyone who continues to support their own interpretation of Christianity.... is still supporting Christianity, still resposible for it continuing to thrive.

Why Jesus? Why not Ghandi? We know Ghandi was real. We know Ghandi did great things in the name of peace and love. Why not him?

Why some storybook character? Why are you basing your own life upon somebody else in the first place?

Jesus is not a great example of anything if he's fake and the whole religion is based on doublespeak. Say one thing, mean another. It's not what you as the individual think about Christianity. It's what Christianity thinks of you as the individual.

They've given you their symbol to think great things about, so that gives you the idea that "Well Jesus was great, so religion must have started with good intentions... ergo this means that Christianity as a whole isn't bad.

You think of Christianity as a whole, and most people think of a big crowd of people who are Christians. How can Christianity be bad when most of its followers are regular hard working decent people?

Do you understand, as much as they frustrate me with their sometimes brutal ignorance, it is NOT the actual Christian people that are bad. It's their religion. They are enslaved by it.

Do you ever think about this?:

You, as someone who looks up to Jesus as some diety or figure of idolization.... are you not enslaved by what your image of good is? Are you not enslaved by what this vision of this one man has done to your overall vision of reality?

Do you think Jesus was the only Son of God?

"Be ye not Gods?"

That... to me.... sums it all up. Jesus, in the very Bible that celibrates his name and God and all things holy and outside of us that we must worship or die, tells his deciphles the truth.

He was just a man. A Son of everything, just like everything else. No need to believe that we could never be as great as he was.

No need to idolize him, nor anyone else, nor anything else.

No need to believe in the supernatural, when regular nature is so much more mysterious.

No need to separate things like we have.

One person believes in Jesus, another believes in Ganesh, another believes in Buddah, another believes in Muhammed..... and that's all fine and good.... but then when you have whole religious entities in place behind each diety, telling it's followers that one is better than the next, and this is why WE'RE right, and this is what you CAN and CAN'T do, as a follower of [insert diety name here], and this is what WE want you to do in [diety's] name.... it sounds a bit like America, doesn't it? Our imaginary diety being freedom.

Religion is an ever-evolving excuse for bad people to do bad things in the name of the Good. So is politics. No wonder the two go so well together. Both leaders of countries and leaders of religions have fooled their followers into believing they know what's best for them.

We have a right to believe what we want. That right is being violated from the time of birth, when we're too young to know what we want, and we're depending on our parents to teach us about the world... but instead, they teach us fairytales and chastize us when we question it.

The most important thing you could possibly do is to think for yourself.

I may sound like I'm being offensive.... and I may use some harsh language in my frustration at the way of things... but really, I care a whole lot about everyone. I love everybody, and if you are Christian or whatever you are, you are welcome in my heart just as much as anyone else.....

but I gotta say that the truth is harsh, and when you know things that other people need to know because it's urgent for our survival as a human race, you sometimes get a little pushy.... and I guess my bad on the part of pushiness.

But search for your own truth. Jesus is dead. His truth was his and his alone, just like each and every one of us is trying to find ours. We won't frind it out there. We'll find clues and and rues, but in the end, the truth is wearing our own shoes.

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by indierockalien

this is where your assumption is wrong

jesus is not my religion

he is someone i can look up to and try to be a wonderous humanetarian without being so selfrighteous and egotistical

do i believe he died for my sins? yes without a doubt, i even feel for a split second i was in his thoughts that many years before my birth

its my belief and im not forcing it on anyone

god loves us so much he gave us all free will, so why should i bring anyone else down

who am i to say what is wrong or right for someone else, when i myself struggle daily with such things to try to make life fit right for me

life can be good and can be sick as hell but i take what i can get and give what i can give and try to balance my emotions with others and needs to wants

life really isnt that hard, its our ego that gets in the way mostly that has corrupted it

just my 2 cents and it isnt even worth a dime

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

it always falls in this category, time after time, agree to disagree

i refuse to show you, i feel what is right on grounds what you feel is right for you

topic closed

next

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Jesus is in the mind of his followers and nowhere else- thats my opinion

he's a belief- just like me believing he's not real

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I like Krishna, and I like Buddha. Their religions are (for the most part) more peaceful and accepting of others.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Me and J-Munneh hang out all the time.
One time he made me a sandwhich.
You're all right Christ, you're all right.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Looking at all the various documents, I generally think that there may have been some guy (or guys) around at the time who was a kind of charismatic sorcerer and necromancer, who developed a cult following and maybe tried to grab some political power, but who ultimately got crucified for his trouble. To keep the cult alive after their miserable defeat, some of his rabid followers edited and embellished some stories about him. Had some of these stories not made it to the desperate Emperor Constantine, the whole thing would just be another semi-historical footnote. Funny how things happen.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think jesus was a self realized teacher of enlightenment of sorts just like krishna or buddha or mohammed. Really, if your skeptical of the possibility of enlightenment, then the whole god concept is hard to make sense of.

As a skeptic, perhaps we should do the same tests the monks do and meditate?

to me, god and science are one in the same, but when people try to separate the two, they become combating rivals of ideology. "Free your mind and the rest will follow."

[edit on 22-2-2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Jesus Christ is an idol.

Jesus Christ has become the golden calf of christstains.

Who is "Jesus"? this question doesn't plague mankind. Oh no, though I wish it would. Everyone "Knows" Jesus, or so they'd like to think. They percieve "Jesus" to be this or that, some things he is most he is not.

Revelation, the bible book, is a book about Jesus. People think the book is about the end of the world, people think the book is about the devil. Too many people are blinded to the facts written down. "This is the Revelation of Jesus Christ".

Even that can be boiled down more:

This book is the self revealing of the one that comes in truth God's chosen being.

Most of all Jesus was a man. He didn't "KNOW" what he knew, but he himself had revealed to him and through him.

People project upon a man all that which THEY WILL a savior to be.

Jesus is an idol.
Christstains are screwed.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

Ha ha, good post, I agree.
Nice pic!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

so what does that make you being incarnated of archangel michael and jesus

your thinking and overprocessing of the urantia book make your posts seem so dictorated and convicting.

in other posts you ask questions and then later respond to people with answers to your own questions totally slamming other peoples opinions on your questions you originally had asked for answers or thoughts to

i just dont get it?

self indulged ego?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think if we are going to make any assumptions about what we think of Jesus, we should take a look at the scriptures like the gospel of thomas which is just a bunch of sayings made by the 'savior' jesus.
There is tons of scripture that didnt make it into the commoners bible that can be found in the Nag Hammadi (dead sea scrolls)
After reading through it all, its plain to see that there was a political agenda to keep certain things from the general public.
In my experience reading through all of it plus reading lots of vedic scripture as well, I find Jesus to be teaching the same things taught in the Veda's, even the pantheon of planetary/dimensional hierarchy.
Reading the DSS, Jesus so often talks to his deciples in the same manner as Krishna to Arjuna in the Bhagavad-Gita.
Now taking into account what is being taught in the Veda's, all this political misinterpretation of what "holy" men have come to teach, it begins to make all too much sense what is going on in the whole scheme of things.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

You're perceptions of me are a far off of reality. Being that this user name seems only to respond to me in such a way, I don't know what else to do but to ignore you from here on out.

I wish you well.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
We all have free will to do as we choose in this world. I for one am grateful for that. I have never tried to push my beliefs onto others as I would not want them to do this to me. I do believe in a higher power. For me, I would go ballistic if I didn't think I would have to answer for myself when I die. Most of society would be out of control if there was not something spiritual to keep us in some kind of order. I have read all sides of this argument and I for one would rather believe in something that promises everlasting life than not. How insignificant most lives would be if our short time on this Earth was all that there is.

Some people believe religion is man made to keep us in check. I choose not to believe that. Too many things have happened in my life that makes me believe could not be a coincidence, but my Lord and Savior looking after me.

I will share a story with you all that is very personal to me, but I think I should share. About 8 years ago I hit bottom, no job...no money...no...home...living with relatives. I had been in a few of these circumstances too many times in my life and just could not get the strength to do it again. I had it all planned out that I would end my life on a particular day, It would be in the morning when they went to work. I had a note typed out and was too tired to pick myself up again. Before I fell asleep, I asked Jesus, "Why have you forgotten about me? I have always believed in you during all my hard times and it has always worked out. If there is a reason for me to stay here Lord, please help me." It was a last ditch effort, It was all I had left.

About 4:00am I was awakened by my brother. It was very dark in the room and I could barely see him. He said "(my name), everything is going to be ok." I said "what?" He again said "everything is going to be ok." He gave me a hug and left the room. That small but, rather large gesture, was what I needed to give me the strength to go on. That in my honest opinion is no coincidence. Things started to change for the better very soon afterwards. I am grateful to be here today! About three months later I asked my brother what led him to come into my room that night? He then asked me why and I told him because of what he did that night I am here today. He said he just woke up out of the blue and that he was compelled to do what he did, no idea why. We cried.

I think Jesus is my savior! That is what I choose to believe.

Peace!

Guz

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Jesus. Quite the sensitive subject here at ATS.com.

For me, I tend to analyze the validity of such "great men." I've found myself in no place to make such calls about these men, especially when other people's lives are centered around them. I'm not one to discredit any one belief, as none of us really are. So, I'll settle to take the good from the good. All of us here could learn a thing or two from sayings from these men and adapt them into our everyday lives instead of bickering over who's right and who's wrong. From my perspective, neither of us are.

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

-Matthew 7:1-2

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

-Matthew 5:7

You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.

-Matthew 5:43-45

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

-Matthew 6:27

You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well."

-Matthew 5:38-40

You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment.

-Matthew 5:21-22

But as you see, most of these if not all are ignored and replaced with petty hate, greed, judgement. The Bible, Torah, and the Qu'ran all hold beautiful value within them, but people (including myself) dismiss them and take the easy way out. Righteousness is hard, but we can all strive in that direction.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

You are all ate up man!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join