It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My recent sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This was probably 6 months ago, and I haven't really told anyone but my wife and a couple of the people I work with trying to get an explanation. I'm in the USAF and I work on the flightline. I've been interested in airplanes since I was a kid and always watch the sky just to get a glimpse of planes and identify them.

What happened was 3 of us were standing in a circle between sunshades on the parking ramp at DM. Myself, another airman, and our expediter, a TSgt. Me and the other Amn were facing generally south and the Tech was facing us.

From the corner of my eye I saw two things. I saw the other Amn reacting to something and at the same time I saw some kind of light in the sky. I turned in time to see one bluish light in the sky, and instantly it moved up at about an 80 degree angle. It left a streak of blue haze behind it which faded slowly.

By the time the other guy turned around to see it, all he could see was the short streak that was left behind. I would estimate 3-5 minutes for that streak to fade.

We talked about it and the other Amn said he saw two lights at first, and they both streaked off similarly, apparently one after the other. Before they took off, they were stationary, hovering there.

It was dark, so I couldn't estimate distance, and there are the two air fields here. The base and the civilian airport which is like 10 miles away I think.

We've both seen airplanes before. We've seen them at night, we've seen them in the day. We've seen them perform maneuvers in the day and at night. What we saw did not perform like our aircraft. It was motionless (or heading straight at us) and the color was pretty much wrong. It could have been a helicopter if not for the sudden movement.

I still don't know what we saw that night, but I'm certain it wasn't an airplane, at least not one that is known.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I am not sure what you may have seen, but thank you for sharing your story.

Enjoy your stay at ATS.

new topics

join