It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe Conspiracy will become more accepted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
as well as Popular!

here's my theory

when the standard of living lowers in the deepening recession, the blissful ignorance will be more willing to fade away (which is understood by the PTB) . This IMO is a important development/ psychological theory.

Americans will be much more open to believing and accepting conspiracy's because it will not threaten to shatter their blissful ignorance, because things will not be blissful!

The unrest born out of this shift in attitudes and awareness and openmindness will be matched with more tyranical rule to preserve the power structure envolved and give them the lawful authority to better stymie any revolt. I would wager to guess more propoganda will be issued to divert americans anger toward "truth seekers" labeld as "traitors/ or unpatriotic" as well as certain foreign country's. The first technique is a more divide and conquor while the last is more deflection. I believe the infrastructure is in place.

Either way i think ATS will grow largely thanks to it's growing internet visibilty but also especially because more american's will become unsatisfied with the way things are being run and in their anger will be more open to looking at alternative explanations and theory's, since the bliss that ignorance can provide wears thinnger when people are no longer happy with their standard of living.

any thoughts

p.s that is so long as people are not being detained for anti-govt speech and labeled domestic terrorists

[edit on 21-2-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think you are right. I also think the people that have been here forever will be very dissapointed, as they will then be part of the mainstream instead of the niche they now occupy. It just won't be as much fun for them anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This is already happening on ATS isn't it. Hasn't ATS gone crazy in the last few months?

It does make sense. I came on here because things didn't quite fit together. It's human nature. If things don't make sense humans go out and find it. And at the moment a lot of things don't make sense. Finance. Politics. War and the like.

Get ready for the onslaught from confused true seekers.

new topics

join