It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army fury at BBC Panorama claim that British troops mutilated Iraqis after Battle of Danny Boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

BBC claims British troops mutilated Iraqis

www.dailymail.co.uk

Senior army commanders reacted with fury last night to a Panorama programme which claims UK troops tortured and murdered six Iraqi civilians in cold blood.

The documentary, due to be broadcast next week, accuses soldiers of savagely mutilating bodies of Iraqi insurgents after a battle.

It also claims they tortured surviving detainees and covered up at least six murders in custody - including one of a 14-year-old boy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 2/21/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I imagine this stuff goes on all the time in war, and is happening right now in Iraq. As the I-Ching says, an army is a dangerous thing. Shame we set ours on the Iraq civilian population.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I imagine this stuff goes on all the time in war, and is happening right now in Iraq. As the I-Ching says, an army is a dangerous thing. Shame we set ours on the Iraq civilian population.

Whateva, this has been argued time and time again on this site. People whining about the treatment of Iraqis. Still never any threads started about the horrible treatment of the American soldiers and their allies.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

We're supposed to be better than them, that's why. We hold ourselves to higher standards than terrorists. When a terrorist kills a bunch of innocent people, we get upset, but we know that's what terrorists do. When our guys do it, we get livid, because we're supposed to be better than that.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

So you have not seen feature, have completely disregarded the military comments and its investigations, and instead choose to unequivocally embrace the comments of news publicists and other supposed witnesses.

A bright day for logic indeed.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

It's easier that way. Anti-military=The Truth. Pro-military=LIES, ALL LIES!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

erm...

care to prove it?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rizla

a good quote

"In war, all of mankind's worst emotions...worst traits come out"-Solid Snake"

there will always be weak links who will get the worst out of them and commit the most barberic act

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I think he was being sarcastic.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian VoiceWhateva, this has been argued time and time again on this site. People whining about the treatment of Iraqis. Still never any threads started about the horrible treatment of the American soldiers and their allies.

"Whining about the treatment of Iraquis?!" Americans are there as an army of occupation. It's an army. That's what they signed up for...whether they knew it or not...to be the targets of whatever Iraqis deem it necessary to engage them.

As another poster said, we (the West) are supposed to be setting the standards...not lowering them. And the mistreatment of the civilians is morally repugnant...

A Christian voice certainly ain't what it used to be...unless you're talking about the Crusades, I guess.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Let's be frank, the BBC is not impartial, they want viewing figures to increase.
The world should take whatever emanates from the BBC with a bit of salt.
All they do is claim this and that and accuse. We had a case over here last year where Iraqis were PAID to come over to the UK and give evidence against serving soldiers.

new topics

top topics

join