It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO sighting w/pics in South Dakota

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I was at my sister and brother in laws house, her kids are ill and we stepped out on the deck to have a smoke. We were talking about the satellite being shot down coincidently on the night of a total lunar eclipse, My sister was facing west, into the setting sun, I was facing east towards her and I caught something with my eye just beyond her neighbors balcony floor.
It really startled me and we watched for a bit to see if it was our imaginations.
My sister grabbed her Digital camera, for some reason it wouldn't work, so she grabbed her cell phone and snapped these shots.

This is the first pic. If you look between the 1st and 2nd floor balconies, you will see a very slender silver object just behind the tree's.

Another pic right after the first

This perspective is while we were heading towards the van to see if we could get any closer.

After watching it from different perspectives, it seemed to be teetering or rocking and wanted to get a closer look.
We had made it to the van, went down a few blocks from her place, and could find nothing.
We are not sure what it was , but it definately moved into our view from the different point's of the picture, and after pursuing it, seemed to just disappear.
"Is there any atmospherical disturbances that could cause this effect?"

First UFO? we have ever caught on film for the analogies for what we have seen, and we both are or have been discussing this since it happened this afternoon at 4:00pm CST.
Finally, I have de3cided with my sister to post these pic's to see if anyone can debunk or verify the thing that we had seen.
We went around the whole neighborhood to try and find it again, and there didn't seem to be any other witnessess, just don't know what to make of it.

I have been coming to ATS for sometime now, and you would think someone out there would be able to help analyze these pic's, for I have not got the proper software to pull out the details. I would really like to know what we seen this afternoon, it was a fueding descission to put these pic's on this chat forum, for I know how evasive and inestigory the people can be here on ATS.
I have nothing to gain from putting these on this chat forum, we went to find it and went a rather long way to disclose that we did see wht we seen.
All I cansay for sure is "It came into view, and we got some curios pic's of it, but what happened to it and what was it?"

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Allred5923]

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

I was perusing the site myself for any UFO sightings around the South Dakota (specifically Custer or Hot Springs) in the early 2000s as my first experience with a sighting. Anyways, I was hoping to see if the photos you had were similiar to what I saw years ago, but the links no longer work. Apologize for the necromancy, but this was one of the few threads about sightings in South Dakota.

join