It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I finally made my peace with god

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A couple months ago, I decided to stop posting on ATS, but this is so great that I just had to tell all of you.

It started last sunday when I was at church. We were in a prayer and I for the first time in all my life felt my hands collapse together as if god forced them to. It's this strange warm comforting feeling in your chest, you don't want it to go away. I now finally have the desire to go to church, and I have been praying alot more than usual lately.

Lately I've been changing; I lost my addiction for speeding, my libido has decreased significantly, and I feel never before so strongly associated with the good side.

Has anyone else felt this before?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Have you accepted Jesus as savior when you were young?
You may be being rededicated to Christ.
Go ahead and pray to him to surrender ALL.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Absolutely beautiful wildcat!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

When I was young I fluctuated from being strong with god, to anti religious. I became athiest when I was a sophomore in high school and have been that until last year when I asked god to bring me back into the faith.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

Sounds like you're getting old... growing up.

As for the libido, there are pills you can take for that you know!!

but if you are feeling more at peace with yourself, then power to ya.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
For libido, I was never really a typical sex hungry guy. Now I have absolutely no sexual desire.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

well, i've experienced all that positive stuff, minus the addiction to speeding, as i never had one

i think you're simply growing as a human being, it happens to all of us at some point for a variety of reasons.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Have you prayed to god for him to show you that he is there? He did for me instantaneously after I prayed for that. It's this burst of the relieving and calming happiness in you chest (heart). And have you ever felt your hands collapse to pray before? It happened to me during a group prayer at mass. I felt the love of god.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Have you prayed to god for him to show you that he is there?

yes, several times. i even started a thread after the most recent attempt

He did for me instantaneously after I prayed for that. It's this burst of the relieving and calming happiness in you chest (heart).

eh, i think tis not god that's working there...

And have you ever felt your hands collapse to pray before?

nope.
and honestly, your report that yours did doesn't seem to be something divine

It happened to me during a group prayer at mass. I felt the love of god.

i think you just felt something else...but i don't want to derail this thread by throwing in my 2 cents and having everyone attack me for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
A couple months ago, I decided to stop posting on ATS, but this is so great that I just had to tell all of you.

It started last sunday when I was at church. We were in a prayer and I for the first time in all my life felt my hands collapse together as if god forced them to. It's this strange warm comforting feeling in your chest, you don't want it to go away. I now finally have the desire to go to church, and I have been praying alot more than usual lately.

Lately I've been changing; I lost my addiction for speeding, my libido has decreased significantly, and I feel never before so strongly associated with the good side.

Has anyone else felt this before?

I'm very happy for you but I think you are wrong. A church is not a physical place first off. It is the body - meaning all it's members.
Second, I believe in God Almighty, the father of Abraham, and I know that I am working toward a closer relationship with Him. However, I won't be in church on Sunday.

His true Sabbath is on Saturday (sundown Friday to sundown on Saturday). His TRUTH, begins there.

I came across a couple of books that told me how wrong I was and how I was being deceived my entire life with "traditional christianity". It tore down all the misunderstandings and interpretations of the Bible, and gave me the TRUTH of the Bible and all it holds and then the Bible gave me the understanding in how to have a TRUE relationship with God. But God gave me what I needed to understand.

Now my eyes are wide open and what we consider to be a church is simply Satan's biggest deception. The history is taught in the Bible.

There is only ONE TRUE CHURCH. However, there was a guy name Simon Magos who was jealous at the power that the apostles had to give people the Holy Spirit after they were baptized. He wanted that power and even offered money to the apostles to have the Holy Spirit within him. Of course they said no, so he went and started his own church (Catholic) and had many followers because it was of physical wealth and physical beauty..... so up until the 1500's there was only 2 churches. Now there are many.... But the ONE TRUE CHURCH OF GOD, is small compared to the rest.

Have you every asked yourself why there are so many religions? And how all of them can be right? They can't.

I came across these things only a few months ago and am still a student learning. However, God has drawn me out and has shown me the truth beyond a shadow of a doubt.
I don't want to burst your bubble, but was compelled to write this that maybe you would be open to seeing the TRUTH.

www.the-end.com

God Bless everyone on this lovely Sabbath day!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (Romans 5:1-2)

Above are the key ingredients, as I have hi-lighted for you. If you fit that pattern, then I surely would not let anyone derail you from it.

You speak of change within you, that is why I have hi-lighted the word: GRACE. It is the Grace of God that changes the heart of man and his desires, much like what you have described as with certain desires within you diminishing.

Never allow anything to draw you away from the Cross of Christ, for it is from Jesus' sacrifice on the cross that the power of God's Grace comes.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. (I Corinthians 1:18)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

A couple months ago, I decided to stop posting on ATS,

And now you probably remembered why...

I have been feeling less and and less inclined to post here (or anywhere, for that matter) myself, and I know for a fact that I am not alone in that sentiment.

There are many notable and very noble exceptions here - and I am sure (I certainly hope) they know who they are - but the prevalent, vocal majority seem to be people who are oh-SO-sure! about their opinions - even though (or precisely because) they haven't really experienced or thought very deeply all that much in their life so far.

Even the strongest insights can be swayed by constant denial and wordy explications of what really transcends words.

You were right the first time: stop posting here.
Or if you do, at least don't come back to read the replies.
You don't really need them.

All the best.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Vanitas]

top topics

join