It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind-Controlled Gaming Headset Unveiled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

A NEUROHEADSET that allows the wearer to play videogames simply by thinking has been unveiled at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco and will go on sale later this year.

News.Com.Au

what u guys think amazing ay now thats technology @ its advaced lol

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Excellent concept and I'm sure it will mature into an extremely fluent and very precise input device. I'll probably get one in about 2 years or so when the tech has matured unless the reviewers go gaga over it. I mainly play Racing and flight simulations as well as combat simulations like Armed Assault so I can really see this being a seriously handy piece of kit for communicating with Artificial Intelligence, air traffic control etc..

I already have voice recognition software and a Trackir head tracking device along with a F16 replica flight stick so my worries of looking like a geek were put to bed a long time ago and my wife and family and friends have come to accept that Im a complete nerd when it comes to things like this, but this freaky looking thing will undoubtedly have them in stitches if they see me wearing one, I don't think they'd stop teasing about it,ever. Just don't forget to take it off when you need to dash down to the shops for bread and milk

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bramski

same like me my gf gives me alot of # because i am so unfit and technology has ruled my life its just 2 amazing if she sees me with this thing she will be like u bloody geek like the geekiest
lol

amazing thing it doas ay man

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
update pics

enjoy!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
wene is this comming out i want it aarrgg lol

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is kinda like the Lawnmower Man, but not as cool, yet.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
lawnmower man? never heard have u seen the lazy beer machine it chucks a beer @ u?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
No but it sounds pretty cool. U got any links?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
have a look @ that tell me what u think i must get 1 lol

new topics

top topics

join