It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comment On The Dem Debate Tonight Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Tonight Obama and Hillary debate. Of course, the stakes are high. Please let us know who you think won the debate, who has scored points, and who has stepped in a hole.
Also, please let us know if you heard anything that you would consider a lie or a stretch.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Duzey]

[edit on 21-2-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It looks like they are starting out being "nice" to each other. Let's see if it continues.

It didn't last long.

Hillary seemed to score points on her health care. Obama stumbled, IMO, on his initial response to her criticism that his plan did not force everyone to acquire health care..

[edit on 21-2-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I enjoyed the debate but I don't think it resolved the conflict for me. I agreed with one on some of the issues and agreed with the other on some issues. They have their differences, but overall I don't see a lot of daylight between them. Either way, the Democrats are going to get a first rate nominee.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It looks like, based upon all of the pundits, that it will be Obama, unless something drastic happens. Although I agree with both candidates on healthcare and several other issues, I am also quite concerned about the economy, and I'm not sure how they will pay for all of this. Of course, Iraq is sucking $150 billion away each year, but both candidates have kind of backed off, and are now indicating that they would be starting a "controlled" withdrawal. Taking a few troops out at the start might have a psychological effect, but it won't release any funds for the other programs, in fact, it probably will cost more, to start withdrawing troops. Anyway, I'm afraid that the economy is in for a rough time over the next several years, and I'm not sure that there is much ANY candidate can do for it.

top topics

join