It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Firefox Just stoped working together.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Ok so I erased my cookies an tried again, no go, then i erased cookies, changed to expire when i close firefox, rebooted, an still get this screen after I log in ( mind you without a bad password like i will get if i enter the wrong pass, but if ienter the right one i go to the main category page but still not logged in)

heres my shot to show u my cookies. they arent chocolate chip.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I had this problemwhen i first joined. I use Spy Bot and it automatically puts some sites in your blocked cookie settings. To allow cookies from any blocked site follow the following steps.

Go to Internet options, then "privacy", then "sites". At this point you will see all the sites where cookies are blocked. Remove abovetopsecret from this list. Whenever a site doesn't allow you to log in you can bet it is because your spyware has set things to block that cookie. Once you remove or allow the cookie they generally do not reappear on this list.

MBF

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I use FF and all night I have been having a problem with the light/dark switch. I use the light, but it keeps changing to dark. Never had any problems before.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
ATS & firefox are a fabulously mated pair IMHO...........

I never have issues betwixt the two, but of course I update my java, my Mozilla and all my anti-spyware programs regularly.
I have cookies blocked for the MOST part except for my regular haunts such as ATS, where I have them listed as 'The Exceptions'....follow the wonderful directions of DisgustedByHumanity a couple posts above this one and you will be rockin & rollin with no problems anymore.

If Firefox does not want to load a site then I just don't go to that site. I gave up on IE a couple of years back and I am in NO WAY sorry.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've had the same problem but only with AbovePolitics, won't let me log in from about 2 days ago. ATS main is fine for log in, except...

New posts are not showing, sometimes if I refresh the page a dozen times they'll show, sometimes not.

It happens with both FF and Opera and I've been using both for years. Never had probs before this, and I don't remember changing anything...

Edit; haha never mind seems to be working fine now, damn gremlins...

[edit on 22/2/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

Can you create another profile on your puter and try again?

Maybe something in your current user profile that is corrupt.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
New posts are not showing, sometimes if I refresh the page a dozen times they'll show, sometimes not.

I've had this problem for a couple of months too. Are you saying you fixed this? How? It seems to have something to do with the thin horizontal banner ad that appears in between posts. If you get one of those, no posts thereafter appear.

I've just gotten used to hitting reload...usually only takes five or six times...

[edit on 22-2-2008 by loam]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I don't know if this is related or not but about 14 hrs ago was lurking and my IE browser screen just blipped out, hit programs icons for homepage go back to ats, it did this 3 x's. Then I started getting a 'line b problem parsing xml: "null" null or not an object IE 7 error. Spent a half hour on line with yahoo, cleared cookies, history etc, still get it. Mostly when return to homepage.
Weird.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

My firefox works just fine with ats... I must say better than i.e. Maybe the settings aren't right?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Fixed,

Was a error with firefox not realizing I was allowing abovetopsecret.com I asked mozilla themselves they gave me some info on how to fix this problem becuz firefox was saving info to a spot that wasnt labeled firefox or mozilla so its all fixed what a weird problem an all is fine...

thanks for the responses an so forth have a great day....

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
[edit on 22-2-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Could you please post a precise description of how the problem was resolved?

I'm sure there are others, including myself, who would benefit.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Could you please post a precise description of how the problem was resolved?

I'm sure there are others, including myself, who would benefit.

Thanks.

I agree.
And also, if you can post what may have caused it in the first place.
Probably some security feature triggered from a patch install.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I've had this problem for a couple of months too. Are you saying you fixed this? How?

Well I spoke too soon, everything else works now, so far, except in AP I click on reply and I get a blank white page that says 'error' and a link to the boards main page.

[edit on 22/2/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There you have it people, Problem fixed, You should provide the info, Some peeps might have the same problem as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I own about 500 gigs of software/ mp3s/ movies/ so forth, I have had so many registry entries that Im not 100% sure what caused the problem, But mozilla said that I proly had a glitch in their program from using so many different anti virus and anti malware prgrams that it saw a pop up an prolly auto blocked it.

When I went into my firefox cookies exceptions there was a thousand entries for ads an such an abovetopsecret was one of em, I think it was a built in pop up blocker or something simular that was autoblockin it an then me comming in after gettin pissy an addin my abovetopsecret.com allow was confusing it so it chose the safest route to block.

They just told me that sometimes firefox will block a site but list it with a different jumble of text in the exception box of cookies. I found it there an deleted it, so you might be better off deleted all your exceptions an starting over that way or just manualy check all of em an make sure abovetopsecret isnt hidden amonst
ibfwbfoiehfehfabovetopsecret.com

I saw serveral other urls that looks like abovetopsecret but had various other characters before it. Made me wonder how it was even blockin the site with a different url but I dunno,

Also used this page from them to double check everything but they said this page was used alot to fix most of the problems

support.mozilla.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join