It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Sealed by God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
How Are Believers Sealed By God?

In the New Testament, the word "seal" is often used figuratively. God puts His name, or mark, on those whom He forgives. Unlike God's Old Covenant mark, which was "circumcision of the flesh", the Seal of God is now "the Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption" (Eph.4:30), and "circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter" (Rom.2:29). Receiving God's sin-cleansing Spirit is the equivalent to having the Father's name written on our hearts (2Cor.1:21-22).

It should be noted that it is after we believe in Christ, not before or even when we believe, that we are sealed, which is being baptized with the holy Spirit.
More here

Would it be something that people really experience and know they are sealed?

Or would they just think that they are sealed, like they do when they receive the Holy Ghost?

How would we know if God has sealed us?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
" how now if Gods sealed us "

staying out of sins....

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hi there,

I realise that is how we stay sealed. (or that is what I have read) but I just wonder if anyone has ever experienced the moment when they have been sealed?

Is it something that people could be conscious of?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
IMO, it's the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Remember the metaphor of the man cleansed from evil spirits and then when he is still empty, the demon goes and finds 7 more evil than himself to move back into the man while he is empty.
The infilling of the Holy Spirit would prevent that.

Sorry for lack of scripture.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
thurisaz - I was just looking at your threads and you are really having some extraordinary experiences and that's a good thing. You, more so than others, will appreciate John 3:11:

"I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. "

It is something that people really experience. Many people have faith, but few find the truth. Many people know the Bible like the back of their hand. They are able to quote scripture and are all quite comfy with their.... arm-chair interpretations.

Remember the disciples asked Jesus why he spoke in parables? Because within them contain answers and explanations to the greater mysteries of the Christian faith. He told the Pharisees and the priests of his day, that they have hidden the keys of knowledge to the Kingdom - they, themselves don't enter it and they hinder others who are trying to enter.

Sometimes people experience something first, and ask questions later and there are those who ask questions first and will experience something later. Thurisaz - the truth is..... the Holy Spirit. Not many can describe it, because they haven't experienced it. Matter of fact, the only person I have found so far, on the board, that could testify to that which I am telling you is true - is kinglizard. Pages and pages into his near death experience, he dropped the bomb, that since his near death experience, he has twice been in the presence of the Lord. How did he know? He felt the vibration.

Luke 8:43-47

And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped. "Who touched me?" Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you." But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I KNOW THAT POWER HAS GONE OUT FROM ME." Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came TREMBLING and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had instantly healed.

It's all true and Jesus is the real deal.

Let me just add, that being baptized by the Lord is a complete different mystery, than the indwelling. As is the indwelling different, when compared to being in his presence.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

I just wonder if anyone has ever experienced the moment when they have been sealed?

Is it something that people could be conscious of?

I will say this, the time and moments of prayer when I received the Holy Spirit were both supernatural and life changing. Although at that time, I did not know that I was "sealed" as the scriptures elaborate, but was aware of the Holy Spirit entering both Spiritually and Physically.

How would we know if God has sealed us?

Ephesians 1:13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

I would say that if you are a born again believer in Christ (John 3:3) worship Him in Spirit and in Truth (John 4:24) and filled with the Holy Spirit, you are certainly Saved/Sealed!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
thurisaz - I was just looking at your threads and you are really having some extraordinary experiences and that's a good thing. You, more so than others, will appreciate John 3:11:

"I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. "

Thank you for that verse. It is timely for me to read that!!

He told the Pharisees and the priests of his day, that they have hidden the keys of knowledge to the Kingdom - they, themselves don't enter it and they hinder others who are trying to enter.

Oh wow the timing here too is fascinating. I hope you don't mind but I will quote you and mention this in another thread of mine. I believed that the keys that Enoch and Thoth lost and Giglamesh looked for, are internal keys and funny thing is, I just responded there and this fits perfectly!

Let me just add, that being baptized by the Lord is a complete different mystery, than the indwelling. As is the indwelling different, when compared to being in his presence.

Well, here is my bombshell. I am not baptized, never been. Funny, just never happened. I tend to shy away from Churches and so, felt that I didn't need someone to baptize me.

Every morning in the shower, I baptize myself.

I have seen a baptism and I did wonder if the person really felt something?

Although it seems egotistical (as some suggest) since my experience I feel like I am now sealed. And it is strange now because when I meditate I can't go too far. I am so in my body and I feel that, that is protection. God has sealed me. I spoke to my Mum about it today cos I felt that maybe it meant something bad.

But, I do feel sealed. I can feel it in my crown chakra. Now most people would think that is crazy and I accept that it prolly is.
But, I feel very different post experience.

Thank you so much for your response, I really got a lot from it!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon365
I will say this, the time and moments of prayer when I received the Holy Spirit were both supernatural and life changing. Although at that time, I did not know that I was "sealed" as the scriptures elaborate, but was aware of the Holy Spirit entering both Spiritually and Physically.

Thank you. It is reassuring to read of your own feelings and experiences!

The supernatural and life changing description certainly helps me

so thanks once again...

reply to post by Clearskies

Please don't ever be sorry! Thank you for your presence and contribution here in this thread

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

new topics

top topics

join