It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Were You Then?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I just love it. All these Ron Paul supporters talking about how now they have to pick the lesser of two evils because Ron Paul isn't going to be in the election. You're talking like this is the first election cycle where this happened. When Clinton was elected, he was a womanizer with a forked tongue up against an ineffectual lame duck president and a big-earned billionaire who wanted to run the country like a business. Were any of those good choices at the time, really?

In 2000 we had to choose from Al "Robot" Gore who nobody could say was ever sincere about anything because he had NO charisma, and Bush who was obviously a bad choice for many reasons, and Ralph Nader.

2004 gave us Kerry the wind-surffing heinz ketchup-funded candidate up against the same guy we were scratching our heads over four years earlier. Oh, and Ralph Nader.

You know all those years where we had to pick between a piece of crap and a slightly smaller piece of crap? Yeah, i didn't pick the lesser of two evils. I chose who i supported all along, Ralph Nader.

Turns out that Ralph Nader and Ron Paul have a lot of similar views. Decentralized government is one of those things. Maybe some of you should take a look at Ralph Naders position. Or maybe the lazy eye is turning you off. At any rate, don't be so quick to assume you don't have any choices. Your candidate of choice isn't a viable one because everyone wants to vote for a winner, and nobody thinks a Nader or a Paul can be a winner.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Here is something for you to ponder .
Paul doesn't enough support to win the White House under any political system . However the only way Paul and merry bunch of supporters would gain influence and representation beyond Ron himself is if the US political system is reformed.

This would involve the US becoming a representative democracy and adopting MMP or something like that . Under those circumstances those who currently have no or representation could force policy concessions from a sitting president . Now that is a hell of a lot better then what you have now.

new topics

join