It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a voice recorder for music/podcast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hi all, I'm looking for a portable voice recorder. What I'd like to find is something with simultaneous playback and record, so i can play a file and record the summed inputs. I'd like to find one with the form factor of an omnidirectional stage mic like a shure58, but i'll settle for another form factor as long as it will do simultaneous playback and record which i plan to monitor with headphones.

I want to use it to record lyrical rough drafts wherever i am, i'll load some beats, and rap over it, as i lose tons of ideas as inspiration usually comes at times when I don't have time to write or type, i need something i can whip out of my pocket, push a button, hear a beat, and spit a rap.

Thanks in advance for any help!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
DezertSkies:

You might want to take a look at the Tascam DR-1 hand-held recorder. It has stereo mics, overdub feature and USB transfer if you want to send audio to or from the computer.
It's had some great reviews, but it is a little costly when you start getting up into the ones that let you overdub.

linky
What kinda music are ya into making.. out of curiosity? I'm quite the amateur musician myself.

T-

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

Yes, that Tascam unit is great. I record the whole band and it sounds great. I also use it as tool to read scripts into, to help me with my memorization. Reasonably user friendly but like you said, a bit pricey.

new topics

join