It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronald Weinland (nothing yet...)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theodorej
reply to post by jdposey

Greetings City Devil.....I can say I share the same opinion with respect to false prophets,however,the exception with RW is ,he will not dissappear into obscurity,he intends to announce publically he is a false prophet and will stop preaching....should his prophesy prove to be inaccurate,that to me demonstrates courage and resolve and worthy of patience....On the other hand we all wouldl be better served in the event he is right ,to seek God and his mercy....for it will be getting real ugly quickly....In closing,the worse RW could be is wrong...nothing more...He announced that 7th seal was opened on 4/17 (and there was a silence in heaven for a 1/2 hour) the next 45 to 90 days will tell the story...I believe a minor 5.2 earthquake took place in an area rarely visited by such events ...4/17 Hmmmm

i could agree

my thing is even if he is the 2nd witness, i will not follow him, he is just a man

i know that revelations will one day happen, but til then, im alive and im going to do what i can to have a good and happy life

my faith is my heart so i wait til my numbers up

i also agree that the two witnesses wont need to proclaim who they are, they will just do what they need to do and itll be done

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Again, what if it is your doctrine that is incorrect. Both men said nothing that contradicted the Bible, only your interpretation of it, and what you have been taught it says.

Take your statement, turn it around, as looking in a mirror and apply the same to yourself. What you know of the word of God, has been taught to you, under the leading and teaching of one man, either Armstrong, who devised the doctrine or, Weinland, who has added to the same doctrine he was taught by the founder, Armstrong. The Word of God is one thing, but the doctrines of Armstrong and Weinland are another.

The thing is I was wrong, and I freely admitted this. I once believed as you did. I was not taught under Herbert Armstrong or Ron Weinland.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Oooh! Burn!!! Nor was I. I did my research to draw my own conclusion which led me to the United Church of God.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread336338/pg10#pid4265871]p

Ron's book speaks of this and holds Mr. Armstrong in high honor of being an Apostle and prophet.

Ron's book does not say Mr. Armstrong was a prophet.

Originally posted by Locoman8
Do yourself a favor and read up on the United Church of God which has carried the torch of the original Church of God.

I have, I even received many of their publications. I don't detect any spirit there. Seems they're just going through the motions, which is what led to the falling away in the church they sprang from.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Greetings JD....Not withstanding your analogy of the sixth commandment, are you saying ....A spirit filled carnal being is not under the law and is lead by his or her faith through grace....My question to you would be..Who can qualify for this state of spirituality....Please spare me the chapter and verse and indulge me with what you know to be true....commentary only

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Greetings JD......I can agree with your observation.....I love life and I find security in my faith as well....We are instructed not to follow a man when it comes to the gospel...RWs purpose as he sees it is to warn the world,I would hope that paying attention to a warning does not constitute following a man....As I see it, the warnings of RWs type are for the wise....the proof of whether they are true or not are at hand....In the event they do not come to past...He will just be wrong...And Iam sure he will stand up to the skeptics and account for his convictions....These would be the actions of a man....

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I checked the link for the date of pentecost but guess what! It doesn't exist as it wont connect? I maintain that the date RW gave for pentecost is incorrect by the normal and proven yearly calculations for it. Anyway enough said about that, if he's wrong he's wrong, just one more thing that everyone will ingnore until June passes. If a major event happens just one day after his date provided - he is still wrong. Will you agree to that?

Now about the earthquakes and the mention that a wee one of 5.4 was 'the sign', good grief people hundreds occur all the time, most we cant feel. A significant one of 7.5 occurred on 8th April near Vanuatu but of course that one was too early. Based on current data I predict one of at least 6.8 will occur somewhere in the worldbefore RW's date on June. It's just a statisical fact, not a prophecy. But if say, San Francisco, Wellington or Nagasaki were to be hit by an 8.3 before that date, then there would be a coincidencal comparison that would require some serious thought. However, it would be one earthquake and a whole disasterous serious of events will have to occur as a sign as others have eluded to....

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
I checked the link for the date of pentecost but guess what! It doesn't exist as it wont connect?

Works fine for me. Here it is again...

www.cog-pkg.org...

Edit: Just tried that link again, and it works just fine.

[edit on 26/4/08 by doctorex]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

What led to the falling of the church was not because of going through the motion spiritless..... it was because while H.W. Armstrong was on his deathbed, he passed leadership of Worldwide Church of God to a man that changed the entire foundation of the church to make it a mainstream evangelical church. Other members were furious and broke away to make their own churches of God which carried the core beliefs of Mr. Armstrong. United Church of God goes one step further and simply preaches the Good News of Jesus's second-coming.

Weinland didn't call Armstrong a prophet. He called him the End-times Elijah or End Time Apostle. Mr. Armstrong claimed to be a prophet himself. It is on record with wikipedia.com. He gave predictions on the end of the world back in the 70s that never came true. He kept changing them saying that man's hand in future events change the outcome of the date of His return.

So in summary, Weinland calls Armstrong an Apostle. Armstrong called himself a prophet. And on a side note, why would you say UCG is soulless? They are the only church I know of that sends out free publications which for one has helped me understand many things. I'm not an active member of the church but I'm an active supporter and believer in the church.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

You may think a 5.4 is no big deal, especially if you live out west where a 5.4 feels like nothing more than a thunder rumbling. One thing you should understand is that the New Madrid fault is probably the deadliest fault line in the world. A 5.4 there feels like what a 6.5 or 7 would feel to someone in San Francisco. In 1811-1812 there was a series of quakes at the New Madrid fault reading 7 or higher and it caused much destruction and death. The rumble was felt from the epicenter to the atlantic coast. New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Charleston all felt something around a 5 on the richter and it wasn't even the epicenter. Quakes east of the Rockies are much more sensitive because of the soils underneath. It allows the soundwaves to travel faster and longer than the west coast quakes because the west coast quakes are absorbed by the mountains. If you think the 5.4 is the last you've seen, just wait. December of 1811 through January of 1812 saw a major amound of quakes and tremors, 3 of which were 7 or higher on the scale. This 5.4 is just a hicup from New Madrid fault. Does this event mean Weinland is right? Who knows? I still have the bull# flag waveing but I guess we'll see.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by theodorej

Theordorej, greetings to you also and hope all is well with you, as well as everyone on this thread!

As for your question regarding Law, I find three laws:

1. Law of Moses
2. Law of Sin and Death
3. Law of the Spirit

There is only one Law which the believer can live within, if they hope to arrive at the point, as the scriptures speaks, walking in a pure, good conscience and a heart which does not condemn them, having confidence before God. Only the latter, The Law of the Spirit, can accomplish that. The first two, work hand in hand against the believer, where the heart and conscience are concerned. Only the latter, works within the confines of the Cross, which is the source of the Law of the Spirit and, is the only thing that can set one free from the Law of Sin and Death. Mingling within the Law of Moses, only agitates, the law of Sin and Death and sets the heart and conscience into action, waging a war against the conscience and producing a heart which accuses and condemns the individual.

The only way we can arrive at the point Paul did, when making his statement in Galatians 2:20, is to walk within the Law of the Spirit and understand, it is by the faith of the son of God that we arrive. It is here that Paul is emphasizing the distinction between Flesh and Spirit and our need to walk in the Spirit. This is where the difficulty comes in and where many of us stumble.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

JD....Sounds somewhat tedeous and somewhat confusing....I like to reduce things to simplicity so as to reduce my thought process to that of a child....We are instructed by the words of Jesus that unless we become as little children we will not be able to grasp salvation....Having said that I try to conduct my life according to Gods law which is summed up in the ten basic commandments,and a good understanding has he who keeps those commandments.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theodorej

Theodorej, hi!
Sorry if I confused you with the above post! It is basically an outline I derived from personal experience and going through the motions of living out what Paul expresses in Romans 7.

You are indeed correct about the necessity of having Child Like Faith and I have made that statement several times within various threads, on these boards, as well as having stressed the simplicity which is in Christ, which so many have complicated.

Another valuable truth, which, if every believer can lay hold of, is that sin will never outdo grace. People do not understand what Paul is saying in Romans 6:1 when He said, “ What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?” People miss the powerful truth he is expressing here. They look at the negative and don’t recognize the positive.

There are believers who fall into the same sin time and time again. It can be big, it can be something small, nonetheless, time and time again, over and over, they find themselves in the grip of this sin, left with the feeling they will NEVER be loosed from its power over their life. This is very discouraging and can play heavily upon their faith.

The most liberating truth we can realize is that where sin is, grace will always abound !I tell people and have experienced in my own life, this truth. I tell those individuals, “Don’t give up, get up, and continue on!” If you believe that Grace will abound, there will come a day when you will witness the grip of that particular sin, no longer has a grip over you. That sin which once over powered you, will have no strength over you. No matter where an individual is in their life, if they keep this truth in mind, time and time again, things which once were giants in their life, battles they thought they could never overcome, will become victories which Grace brought about.

Scripture speaks of the Law of Liberty. This is what Grace produces, Liberty over the Power of Sin in the individuals life. Like I said, no matter where a believer may be in their walk, and regardless of what sin they feel may have control over them, if they apply the truth that grace will always abound where sin is to be found, then they will find solace in the fact that in time, victory will be theirs through grace and they will have power over that sin.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Is ronald a false prophet? I hope not for the message he is preaching is wonderfull. I dont believe or disbelieve what he is saying. actually alot of the stuff he talks about sounds good. Jesus said many false prophets will arise in the end times. If you look around you'll find hundreds even thousands who claim to be speaking for god. who can we trust? only god i suppose, atleast untill what they say comes to pass or doesn't. I've been waiting for the end days as far back as i can remember. I wait for that day when jesus returns and the chaos and confusion end. If you study all the supposed prophets you will find truth and lies in what they say and contradictions. when the two witnesses appear i don't know if anyone will believe because of all the false prophets . people who are prone to believing these things will latch on to anyone and people who are disbelievers will always say the person is a false prophet. I will always hope the person is a real prophet. So i ask all of you to just wait and see if what this man says comes to pass, even the sceptics cannot argue if this man is one of the witnesses then we are living in wonderfull times ahead for all of mankind, and that is the most important thing. We should pray that he his.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
As I mentioned, the hebrew is specific as to gender, it says the two witnesses are males.

Zechariah 4:14
Then said he, These are the two anointed ones[hebrew: sons], that stand by the LORD of the whole earth.

So this would disqualify RW + wife as the Two Witnesses.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rajesh82

Greetings Rajesh.....There has not been a prophet of God among us for 2000 years.(and we killed him).Jesus was not only a prophet but in fact was the Messiah...RWs teachings are scriptually correct and as far as his prophecies are concerned time will tell in the not to distant future,,RW announced that the seventh seal was opened on 4/17/08..And as the scripture is concerned,when that seal is opened there was a silence in heaven for the space of a 1/2 hour....My prayer is for the wisdom to discern...I would think we should prepare in the event RW is indeed of God...He expects things to start to happen in a very noticable way in 45 to 90 days...God has told us he would not execute any judgement without first warning us through his prophets..

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib_2

Greetings SPM.....I read 4 different versions of Zech 4:14 and they were all consistant,nowithstanding your interpretation of the Hebrew concordence for ones or one being masculine....Having said that the Hebrew language is replete with ambiguity...with particular prejudice when it comes to the female gender...This passage is gender nuetral..

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am Still not sure whether he is the real deal or not.But I am not going to be jumping up and down waving a BS flag either.Why? because i believe that God works in mysterious ways,and who am I to criticize?I am wary but I would like to think that the truth will be revealed.I believe that God only reveals what he wants us as humans to know when he wants us to know it.Humans as a whole are corrupted and impatient,we want it in our time ,when it is convenient to us, and I for one don't want to say or do anything I may be held accountable for in the end.My eyes and ears are open .Before anyone starts slamming me , this is coming from a former Catholic whose father belonged to the now defunct Worldwide Church of God, under Armstrong( believe me I thought my Dad was off his rocker most of my childhood).I think we all need to stop getting our scripture info from" Left Behind", Sunday Schools, and Charlton Heston movies( I thought he was Moses when I was little)Seriously, I have met people that think since it has not happened like "leftBehind" it has not happened.I think we should let everything unfold as it will and be ready and vigilant.Some of us are so busy screaming about how and what the bible says or doesn't say , we are missing the point,and message, and more importantly what is happening around us. If RW is wrong and a false prophet, then he is wrong.but I for one don't think the end is as far off as people like to believe.I say keep an open mind, and keep your faith.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Meggido

I completely agree with you. Though I have started to somewhat wave the b.s. flag on Weinland, I still keep his dates and predictions on the back of my mind, especially since things have started going down the #ter. A 5.4 earthquake hit the midwest 1 day after the supposed opening of the 7th seal. People think that's insignificant except that if you research the history of the New Madrid fault, it quakes in a series of quakes that get stronger and it lasts about a month or so. In 1811-1812 the fault woke up and produced 3 quakes that read 7 or higher on the richter scale and plenty of tremors that produced a 5 or so. These quakes and tremors can be felt from the rockies to the atlantic coast. Also, Atlanta's downtown area was slammed by a twister and just yesterday a series of twisters hit the Hampton Roads area of Southern Virginia. Virginia alone does not see the likes of twisters unless produced by hurricanes. Gas is soaring near 4 dollars a gallon and our dollar is dropping like a rock. I fear that by 2009, this country will be in a great depression. As I said before, I am raising the b.s. flag on RW about halfway until his 45-90 days are up. Then I'll raise it sky high or burn it and start praying, not that I haven't already started praying. On a side note, California is on fire again. A sign? Who knows?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
WOW, I am pretty impressed with all the open minded people, now THATS what I'm talking about! I myself am open mided and I dont believe ronald weinland 100% BUT I am waiting because if he is right then I will be prepared to live into the new kingdom of god, if he's not right then I will just keep living. Either way, I know what I'm gonna do....DO YOU?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join