It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronald Weinland (nothing yet...)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

jdposey, i love your patience and attention to detail regarding this whole subject

being here at work its hard to do all the research but, i applaud you for finding time in your day

can RW be good in gods church of course. is he the end time witness? uh not even close

there is so much that still has to happen

i wish he were here now to answer our questions or atleast give more info

he doesnt update his site enough

i also find it funny that alot of his interviews the host cuts him alot of slack in what RW is saying and not completely seriously question this mans motives or his thought processes at all

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreOne
reply to
post by doctorex

Hi all,

Big thumbs up to you Doctorex; your answers have been excellent; I will also be here to take the flack if Ronald turns out to be a false prophet but I don’t believe for one second that he is or Laura for that matter. Having met them both I found them to be genuine and honest people believing truly and 100 percent in what they are doing and teaching; simply put it was an experience I will keep close to my heart.

[snip]

Being a false propeht doesn't necessarily mean that THEY know that they are. I'm sure that they either 1. DO 100% believe that they are THE TWO or 2. have talked themselves into believing it.

Weinland promotes HIMSELF way too much to be true. IMHO (no offense, I could be wrong)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

this prophet claims that 9-11 was the first of 7 thunders

the 2nd concealed thunder was the Tsunami that killed +800,000

the 3rd secret thunder is global-warming/climate change

the 4th unspoken thunder is Global economic upheaval...

all these events got interpeted as the first 4 Thunders,
with 3 more 'sealed' (meaning unrevealed & secret) utterings
which the 7 thunders Spoke to come.

No, that is incorrect. That is why the rest of your statement was also incorrect, and doesn't "jibe".

[edit on 23/4/08 by doctorex]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
I don't think Paul would take lightly concerning what you suggest about sitting back quietly and allowing the deceivers to move on freely deceiving. That is called lukewarmness.

And what if it is you who is incorrect? Ah, not possible right?

It just amazes me how everyone looks past Weinland being a False Witness (Prophet) and thinking he has hit it on the head in regard to interpreting scripture accurately. Some will conclude, "Well, aside from being wrong about himself and wife, he is a GREAT bible teacher and understands the word of God so accurately.” Oil does not mix with water, nor can a false prophet put out any amount of sound truth where the understanding of scripture is concerned. A sound doctrine, established in truth, does not produce false prophets, like Herbert W. Armstrong, Ronald Weinland and Mrs. Weinland.

Again, what if it is your doctrine that is incorrect. Both men said nothing that contradicted the Bible, only your interpretation of it, and what you have been taught it says.

As far as Ronald Weinland and his wife go, and their being the two final witnesses, I tend to think we are back at the beginning, you know, Adam and Eve, and we know how well that went.

Now we have the husband deceiving the wife. Question is, where does the serpent come in?

Have you met Ron's wife, and do you know she is being deceived by him? You seem to be trying to look at things from the worst possible angle. Yes it does bring us back full circle to Adam and Eve, but at the beginning mankind got it wrong, so what's to say that at the end, now that mankind can recivie the spirit of God through the sacrifice of Jesus, that mankind can get it right?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

The fact of the matter is that these guys actually preached the word right. It started going south when they claimed to be prophets.

Did Mr. Armstrong ever claim to be a prophet?

[edit on 24/4/08 by doctorex]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Genuine and honest they might be. What has that got to do with being accurate or wrong! Of course they are nice people. I;ve never met them but I'm sure we'd connect reasonably well. Nice and honest but prophets???? Like I said his post has not been updated... very suspicious we think. Where is the sermon he promised?...sorry... it's not there!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

Then he's wrong. The date for pentecost eastern is not the date he gave. You're on the net check it out yourself.

It's like saying Jesus was born on 25th December .. some actually believe that. yikes! he was born in their autumn .. around October.

If RW cant get the date right what then. Has no one else noticed this date error yet ?????

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Genuine and honest they might be. What has that got to do with being accurate or wrong! Of course they are nice people. I;ve never met them but I'm sure we'd connect reasonably well. Nice and honest but prophets???? Like I said his post has not been updated... very suspicious we think. Where is the sermon he promised?...sorry... it's not there!

If you'll look at how often he updates the site, you'll see nothing suspicious. Sometimes he has gone weeks without adding anything. Also the sermon is up, have another look.

www.cog-pkg.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Then he's wrong. The date for pentecost eastern is not the date he gave. You're on the net check it out yourself.

It's like saying Jesus was born on 25th December .. some actually believe that. yikes! he was born in their autumn .. around October.

If RW cant get the date right what then. Has no one else noticed this date error yet ?????

Wrong?

Read this - www.cog-pkg.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

The dates for pentecost in 2008 are May 11th (western) and June 15th (eastern). So where did RW get his date from???

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

I gave you the link explaining this.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

As for my having patience, I believe all of my posting on this subject stems from like people in the past, who have stood up, proclaimed something great in regard to themself, made predictions, and through time, faded into the catalog of failed prophecies and personal claims in regard to themselves. Years ago, back in the mid 80s, I actually heard a preacher over the radio tell his listening audience that he was God and his wife was, the Holy Spirit! I was amazed at such a statement, BUT, more amazed that this man’s audience still followed him after making that proclamation.

One thing I am convinced about in regard to the Two Witnesses, when they do appear on the scene, there will have been no need for some book to have been written announcing who they are, no radio interviews taken on, in an effort to set the stage. I am certain when the Two Witnesses show up, the media will latch on to them immediately, and that being due to the wonders (miraculous power) that will take place between the two.

As it stands, we have a man and now, his wife and the best they can do, is make outrageous statements, and, as far as I am aware, the husband is the more profound in his statements than the wife.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

One thing I am convinced about in regard to the Two Witnesses, when they do appear on the scene, there will have been no need for some book to have been written announcing who they are, no radio interviews taken on, in an effort to set the stage. I am certain when the Two Witnesses show up, the media will latch on to them immediately, and that being due to the wonders (miraculous power) that will take place between the two.

If everybody will be so certain as to their identity, why will people try and kill them, knowing what will happen in return, and why will people cheer and give each other gifts when they are finally killed in the streets of Jerusalem? Take a look at Jesus, he came to a whole nation who was eagerly expecting his arrival, he did miracles in their sight, and what happened to him? He was condemned to death by the very people who throught they knew so much about the scriptures and that their interpretaion was so right. Yet you and everubody else seems so sure you will know these two witnesses when they come. If that doesn't ring any alarm bells for you, I really don't know what will, but good luck.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Greetings City Devil.....I can say I share the same opinion with respect to false prophets,however,the exception with RW is ,he will not dissappear into obscurity,he intends to announce publically he is a false prophet and will stop preaching....should his prophesy prove to be inaccurate,that to me demonstrates courage and resolve and worthy of patience....On the other hand we all wouldl be better served in the event he is right ,to seek God and his mercy....for it will be getting real ugly quickly....In closing,the worse RW could be is wrong...nothing more...He announced that 7th seal was opened on 4/17 (and there was a silence in heaven for a 1/2 hour) the next 45 to 90 days will tell the story...I believe a minor 5.2 earthquake took place in an area rarely visited by such events ...4/17 Hmmmm

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

And what if it is you who is incorrect? Ah, not possible right?

Yes, you are correct! ( Of course, I am kidding you.)

Doctorex, I am like you, human, prone to error and failure, and, very much aware of this fact.

Again, what if it is your doctrine that is incorrect. Both men said nothing that contradicted the Bible, only your interpretation of it, and what you have been taught it says.

Take your statement, turn it around, as looking in a mirror and apply the same to yourself. What you know of the word of God, has been taught to you, under the leading and teaching of one man, either Armstrong, who devised the doctrine or, Weinland, who has added to the same doctrine he was taught by the founder, Armstrong. The Word of God is one thing, but the doctrines of Armstrong and Weinland are another.

Have you met Ron's wife, and do you know she is being deceived by him? You seem to be trying to look at things from the worst possible angle. Yes it does bring us back full circle to Adam and Eve, but at the beginning mankind got it wrong, so what's to say that at the end, now that mankind can recivie the spirit of God through the sacrifice of Jesus, that mankind can get it right?

You know what, Doctorex, if anything is going to join everyone together, in the end, it will have to be the very base foundation of the faith. Paul spoke about coming into the unity of the faith (Ephesians 4:13) - There is no unity of Doctrine and never will be. Doctrine(s) can’t save. For all of us to meet in agreement, at some point, it will have to come down to unity of faith. Whatever has been built on that foundation will, in time, be tested, but, if the foundation is sure ( death, burial and resurrection of Christ) , even though what the individual has built upon the foundation, should crumble, that person will be saved, regardless, as long as their faith is centered in Christ and His atonement for sin.

[edit on 4/24/2008 by jdposey]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Greetings doctorex.....It ahs been some time ....good to hear from you....A point well made ,with respect to peoples ability to recognize the witnesses when they start their work...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Greeting JD.....The unity of faith is a key element and consists of" believing in things unseen""as well as things to come "We have been told that before any judgement on this earth takes place we will be warned through the prophets.....There have not been any prophets of God among us for over 2000 years....I would think we should go before God and ask for wisdom to discern who the 20th century prophets are....

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
for jdposey
What is your position on the timing of the blowing of the first trumpet of the seven trumpets?

1) Start of 3 1/2 years
2) sometime within the 3 1/2 years
3) start of last year
4) unknown

Also, what is your opinion on the gender of the Two Witnesses?
(I believe they must both be male)

ps. Week 1: nada, nunca nothing.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by SirPaulMuaddib_2]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Mr. Armstrong claimed to be an Apostle of Jesus and prophet of God. He considered himself the "end-time Elijah" spoken of in the New Testament which sets the tone for the two final witnesses. Ron's book speaks of this and holds Mr. Armstrong in high honor of being an Apostle and prophet. I am a believer in the Church of God that was founded in 31 AD by Jesus and his Apostles. Worldwide Church of God was nothing more than a radio show before it became a church. It adopted the original teachings of the Church of God, just with the leadership of a man who thought he was God's final Apostle. The church separated after his death and now Ron has started Church of God (PKG) as the final prophet and 1/2 of the final witnesses. Do yourself a favor and read up on the United Church of God which has carried the torch of the original Church of God.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib_2

SirPaulMuaddib_2, hi!

To answer your last question first, believe it or not, I have never given thought to the possibility of someone rising up and lending the idea that either of the two witnesses could possibly be a female. Mr. Weinland is the first, that I am personally aware of, that has put that idea forth. Notice, I didn't say, raised the question of whether one of the two could possibly be a female. I still hold to the idea that both will be male.

In regard to your first question, years ago, I had many things regarding the end-times settled within my mind, as if engraved in stone. Now, thirty years later, and watching the many transitions over these years, I have learned to leave some things to the Lord and trust in His timing. That may sound like a cop-out response, but some things I am convinced of and as time has passed, I have learned to let go of blue-print ideas regarding end-times and watch as those times transpire before us, which indeed is the case now.

One thing I came to the conclusion about some years back, I have a feeling what we expect, will not be what we have held in opinion and teaching. I always attempt to keep in mind, that the Lords ways are not like ours, nor His thoughts and I have to apply that, even to the end of times.

Does this mean we can have no idea regarding the end-times, of course not! As for the preciseness of minute detail, I think that is unreachable and requires constant faith and ever watchful expectation.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join