It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange footprints outside my bedroom window??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
...ok my fellow Crypto seekers, I wanted to share a couple of pictures with you I took about 2 weeks ago. We had just had a snowfall, and I opened my bedroom window (my condo is on the ground floor) and I noticed these tracks right below my window, heading away. I thought 'what the hey, i'll snap a couple of pics for the hell of it and see what the ATS crew thinks'. I know we have a lot of squirrels in the area, but these didn't look like a track squirrels would leave. They look like hooves lol! I took one shot with my foot in the picture to give you an idea of size, I wear a size 10 1/2 if that helps any.

I posted this on another board I belong to, but would be intrigued to see what y'all think.

Whats your opinion? Mothman? Jersey Devil? Jackalope? Nessie? or maybe a racoon? rabbit?

Genus

i32.photobucket.com...

i32.photobucket.com...

i32.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
well are there any animals like deer or moose that hang around your parts? Whatever it is it looks really big.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

you're not serious are you?

c'mon those look dead on like deer hoof prints not mothman

none of what you listed has been proven except raccoon and rabbit

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

I could be wrong but I think the OP said that with 'tongue in cheek'

But having said that ... the guy wears a 10 1/2 shoe ... the footprints equalled his foot size (if not a tad bigger). Yes, they do have the look of a deer about them but even then it would be one helluva deer.

Don't think racoons or rabbits have cloven hooves so we can pretty much rule them out (at least I hope we can)

So, rather than trying to pounce on the OP with what didn't make the prints ... how about coming up with a realistic suggestion for what type of animal has hooves that size ???

Look forward to your input. Woody

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yeah, I was actually sprinkling a dash of sarcasm with my options as to what they could be...

There is a small forest preserve about a half a mile away, but not the kind that the deer would hang out it, as its in the middle of a built up area, and I have yet to see any.

Its funny, because the other board I posted this on, someone said exactly the same thing about it being a deer. Its very pausible, although they do look more like bipedal tracks than quadruped tracks.

Chupacabras anyone? (no, i'm not saying its that, before you ask)...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I used to live in a snowy area myself, and I have seen these types of tracks before. In my opinion they are rabbit tracks.

www.istockphoto.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thanks Woody

The odd thing about it, is that they were coming away from my building toward the street, I didn't see any prints coming toward the building, if that makes any sense?

I am sure there is more than a rational explanation, but hey, curiosity, cats and whatnot

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Rabbits and racoons have paws kind of like cats, mouse,rats paws.Because they hold thier food with thier front paw. Those prints are deer foot prints.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
I used to live in a snowy area myself, and I have seen these types of tracks before. In my opinion they are rabbit tracks.

www.istockphoto.com...

I would be inclined to agree with you on that. *sighs* oh well! I am still slightly baffled by the fact that there was only the one set of tracks, and they were leading away from the building though...

*scratches chin thoughtfully*

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
no no no

those are obvious tauren hoofprints probably of a tauren child.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Those look like moose tracks. I see them every day, as we have a moose population the size of most squirrel populations in city parks. LOL

Just google "moose snow tracks/prints"

images.google.com...://www.bear-tracker.com/images/moosetrack.gif&imgrefurl=http://gunflintlodge.blogspot.com/2007/10/moose-mad ness.html&h=391&w=314&sz=3&hl=en&start=38&tbnid=FZ6pFoZqXcRmJM:&tbnh=123&tbnw=99&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmoose%2Bsnow%2Btracks%26start%3D21%26gbv%3D2%26nds p%3D21%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

[edit on 21-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hmmm, not too sure how many moose (mooses? Mooseses?) we have in suburban Illinois, but i'll keep my peepers open!

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

www.ilwildlifeconnections.com...

That is a deer from Illinois!

He's a big fella!

I'm sure a deer of this size could have possibly mad those footprints.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

Ok, Ok ... Now stay with me on this because I may have come up with the answer.

One of my first thoughts was Moose ... but it's still curious that the prints only lead away from your window.

Now I don't know much about 'Mooseses' (living in the north of England an'all), and I don't know how big their feet/paws/hooves are ... but I do know how big your feet are ... the same size as the mystey prints (impressive by the way
er hum) !!!

You Mr are a damn 'Weremoose'

Mystery solved. Woody

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Im thinking its a rabbit, but it is possible it was a grey squirrel that came off the side of the house.

rabbit

squirrel

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown

Its funny, because the other board I posted this on, someone said exactly the same thing about it being a deer. Its very pausible, although they do look more like bipedal tracks than quadruped tracks.

The point that everybody is missing, the very point that the op is trying to explain is that whatever made the prints in the snow only used its hind hoofs
to travel there are no matching sets of hoof prints for the front legs, its the first thing i noticed when viewing the op's picture

i32.photobucket.com...

the tracks on the left show the prints leaving and the tracks on the right
although somewhat staggered show the hoofs facing the other way.

human foot prints in sand....humans walk on their hind legs

www.blueswami.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
My first impression was also that they were rabbit footprints. However in the third picture they do look too large to be that. There are neither deer or moose where I live, so I do not have an opinion on that. Another thing that crossed my mind was that your story reminded me of an old legend called the Devil's footprints. You can Google that, there is a ton of pages on the net. But your footprints are different than what was described. Too bad you did not climb up on the roof to see if the tracks continued there. (I'm kidding.
)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

it could be a large rabbit, or big hoofed deer

just cause something normally looks a certain way, doesnt mean its always that way

thats like having tracks of 2 men who are both 6' tall but wear completely different size shoes

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i say rabbit prints, not foot prints,. the whole rabbits lower body ,tail back and front legs.

[edit on 2/21/2008 by keeff]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
the do look like hoof prints and i have size 10 1/2 feet also so judging by that pic the tracks are about 6" long.
to big for a deer and if they were they would be staggered not in a straight line.
don't know of any bipedal animal that walks by placing it's feet directly in front of the other.
my guess is a rabbit or hare. when they hop their hind feet land directly behind or next to the front feet thus giving the impression that it isone large print. and remember the way their hind legs are shaped when they hop not just the paw hits the ground but the whole bottom part of the leg making appear larger.
did you look closer and see if there were 4 paws prints in 1 track? sometimes hard to tell in snow (esp. fluffy snow)but i would bet if you look closer you would be able to see them

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join